Ryzen 1600 vs 2600 vs 1700

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Felipe Giannelli, Nov 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Felipe Giannelli

Felipe Giannelli Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Hello,

I noticed that my i5 6600 was becoming obsolete for my multitasking faster than I though. So I'm going and try to sell it with mobo so I can buy a Ryzen. But I'm really confused on which one to get. We don't use dollars where I live so I will try to convert it. R5 1600 is 173 dollars where the 2600 and the 1700 are about 226, and from what I've seen the R7 never gets ahead a lot of the mainstream processor of AMD in terms of gaming, and there is where I can't decide. I work with video editing and I like to game a good amount. People always say good things about Ryzen 5 and bad things about Ryzen 7 on comments, probably because it's not good enough for gaming as high end cpu should be? But I always though it was a good cpu, and it has more cores at the same price of the 2600, but the 1600 is really cheap for it's performance (at least in the standards of Brazil)
    In the end, I don't know if the extra threads are worth 50 bucks considering the gaming perfomance. Also, more future proofing is always welcome, of course, but 12 threads is not bad either. Also also, the stock clock of the 1700 is a little low (3.0) and I don't overclock at all (by the way, can I with the stock cooler). My RAM is a Vengeance lpx 2400mhz and I heard that Ryzen runs better at higher frequencies, which is nice. My current mobo limits to 2133mhz.
    I worry a bit about performance. If the Ryzen will actually cut down FPS that I can reach now. Not the main focus, but I saw videos where the 1700 and 1600 were ''worse'' than the i5 in games.

Anyway, thank you for the attention and help. Sorry for giant message.

2. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RX6800 XT
    Go the 2600. 6/12 3.4/3.9 and a newer architecture.

3200mhz XMP enabled DDR4 is the sweet spot for Ryzen RAM too.

Re: your mobo limiting your ram, ill think youll find it runs at 2400mhz if you go into the bios and enable the XMP profile. 2133mhz is the stock frequency for all intel cpu's.

edit: Or just find an I7-7700K and be done with it.

3. Felipe Giannelli

Felipe Giannelli Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Another person told me to go with the 7700, but here it costs 400 dollars. That is absurd, and that would be just for 4 extra threads instead of 8, or 12 in case of the 1700. Even if, you know, the i7 has a powerful single core. But I will keep the 2600 in mind.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080