Forza Horizon 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I played Saturday night and yesterday evening and had online disconnects both days.

Btw, when I look at the car packs that are available I've got one of them and the 7 cars included says "Purchased" but don't have them in my garage, nor can I find anywhere to claim them. Also when I got my first house the game told me I'd get in-game T-shirts (which I did) but also a Volvo for playing FH3 and it's the same problem here, I don't know where to claim this car?

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I heard that the servers were unable to keep up with the huge player databased , hence servers were getting hammer and lots of disconnects were happening to everyone trying to play multiplayer online racing :/ , i hope they upgrade their servers.

Have you checked in windows store for all the things you own ? Try to check , windows store / My library / All owned and find out if there are inside there and ready to install or download , if so download and install then check your game again. Also check your xbox app on windows and open your messages , there might be your codes for your free stuff , xbox / messages / check in there for microsoft messages. I hope this helps.

Kind Regards: Chispy

3. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    FH4 Release Notes: October 23rd, 2018

This update adds the Route Creator to Forza Horizon 4. Create custom routes of up to 40 miles from any Asphalt, Dirt or Cross-Country Event starting location. Draw the custom route by driving your car, and place checkpoints anywhere you want to. Blueprint Creator has been updated to allow you to use custom routes.

New Horizon Story
    This update adds a new Horizon Story to Forza Horizon 4 called 'British Racing Green', which explores a century of cars built in Britain. Access the story in Broadway by reaching Level 50, and unlock a new quick chat phrase, a new unique clothing item, and the classic Bentley 8 Litre.

Cross-Platform Fixes
    • General stability and performance improvements.
    • Multiple engine audio improvements based on community feedback.
    • Added quit option in Quickplay Team Adventure after finishing an Adventure.
    • Improvements to Force Feedback understeer effect
    • Fix for progress loss on Forzathon Challenges.
    • Fix for rewards not being awarded in Seasonal Championships and Trial events.
    • Fix for blurring on the edges of a moving target car in Photo Mode.
    • Fix to avoid early completion of Trial events and allow all events to be finished.
    • Fix for VIP House reward exploit.
    • Fix for reset system not placing the car correctly when changing season after an event.
    • Improvements to free-roam Drivatar behaviour, when driving round tight corners
    • Fix for calculation of team score in Horizon Stories Co-op sessions during time-based challenges.
    • Fix for Forzathon Weekly Bonus not updating correctly in the UI.
    • Fix for HDR brightness calibration screen.
    • Fix for traffic cars not spawning sometimes after a Barn Find cinematic.
    • Fix for displayed value of VIP house when VIP owned, but house not purchased.
    • Fix for rotating wheels when car is stationary in Pause Menu, ForzaVista and Drone Mode.
    PC Fixes
    • Fix for video options being lost when tweaking AMD GPU clock speeds.
    • Increased quality of grass and tree procedurals at distance when Procedural Quality setting is set to Extreme.
    • Fix for 'low streaming bandwidth' message on high spec PCs when GPU-limited.
    • Fix for crash when changing audio devices whilst a video is playing.

vbetts and chispy like this.
  4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks, looks like I had to go to the DLC pack and "buy" them there for free. The FH3 reward is still gone though (I'm fairly sure I read the "Iron Knight" but maybe I'm wrong).

I did get a free car in the messaging system, so that's a nice find :)

chispy likes this.

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No download here yet.

6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    How big is the game nowadays? Are we talking north of 100GB or less?

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    If I remember correctly it was around 60GB, so a fairly large game.

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I’ve been pretty disappointed with this game to be honest, just seems like the majority of the content was literally copy/pasted from FH3 with the terrible cosmetic items and stupid celebrations being the only new thing in the game.

The map, while very pretty just feels too small, the showcase events were ok but there’s not really many of them and I blasted through all the other story modes and race events pretty quickly.

I do like the addition of weekly championships but with the map not really being that large I find that all you’re really doing is racing round the same track layouts as the standard race events.

Feels like the series could do with more time between releases, with 3 games being released within 4 years of each other the formulas starting to get stale.

lucidus and BangTail like this.
  9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Same, I'm not super impressed with this offering either.

I thought 3 was a lot better.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  10. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

I would have really preferred a Tokyo setting with more focus on night racing and touge racing.

anxious_f0x, lucidus and BangTail like this.

11. olokos

olokos Guest

Demo is DX12 and RTSS has no issue with other DX12 games. It worked in demo but didnt in final? It seems like to me like they coded it this way: you start forza, forza sees RTSS running, forza closes. I might be wrong, but it really just looks like it closes whenever there is an attempt by RTSS to inject into the process. You can try by turning off osd and setting application detection to none, starting forza and after you're in the game alt tab, reenable osd and detection level(low works fine for me) and as soon as you get back to forza it will shutdown.

It's really baffling me why would they do that, game is really well optimized and looks amazing with nice fps (144Hz monitor) and it would be nice to see hardware info within game itself.

12. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I drove the Peel P50 car tonight. Its top speed is about 45 MPH. I thought it is possible to flip the car if I try to go around curves too fast but the car skids instead of flipping. I know that they make the car for UK only. I wish that they sell the car in USA but people buy huge pickup trucks and SUVs instead of regular cars.

chispy likes this.
  13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Another , new patch downloaded today 384.1MB from the windows store download page of your software ( FH4 ). I will check later what was on this today's download ...

14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It does not autoupdate itself for me , instead i do it myself looking for updates on the windows store. You have to go to the windows store and select downloads and updates / then hit get updates. it will then update your game if there is a patch / update or fix.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  15. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX4080 S
    Mine updated this morning, on it's own. What version number do you have?

chispy and big ROBOT bill like this.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, FH3 would update on its own for me. Double check your store's settings.

17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Check that you allow the store to work in the backgrtound.
    Otherwise, updates will not be downloaded.
    Settings>Privacy>Background apps

18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you guys , that indeed was my problem and why the game was not updating for me. Store has to be set to run on the background on privacy settings , now i have fix it :).

MerolaC and big ROBOT bill like this.
  19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    New patch download today 531.1mb :) , will see what's new !

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    OnnA and chispy like this.