The XBox One X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mike Z, Dec 14, 2017.

1. GetMax

GetMax Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070
    I managed to pick up Titanfall 2 Ultimate here for about 6-7 € but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Doom was awesome on my PC with a 1070. Well optimized game. Hopefully you will get to enjoy it in 4k with 60 fps.

Serotonin likes this.
  2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Oh you are in for a treat with TF2, just amazing when you first see it, so much eye candy.

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    COD4 MW is now BC on the Xbox one, they are coming thick and fast now, i just need MW2 and MW3 and my COD collection will be fully BC. :)

4. GetMax

GetMax Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070
    I’ve just started playing the TF2 campaign and it’s pretty awesome. You were right, the eye candy is top notch on the XBX. Just received my titan and having a blast with it. Thanks for the recommendation. The game is worth more than 6-7€.

P.S
    I love how easy it is to jump in and out from BT. Haven’t played the first TF so it took me by suprise. Pretty cool stuff.

XP-200 likes this.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^I know right, this is one of those games that you use to show off 4k, and i completed the story and it was fantastic, and some fantastic set pieces, and if i had known it was this good i would have gotten it long ago, but i a not grumbling over £5.25. lol

Now onto Doom 4k, i am so glad i waited with all these games, i am loving the extra eye candy, and 4k patch wise i still have Quantium break, Mafia III, and Agent of Mayhem(which i might add is £10 for the complete edition on XB store at the moment), to play through, and if you love the Crackdown games then this is a nice little filler until the 3rd game appears.

6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'll say this. Because I own a decent PC and because MS seems to hate exclusive titles, I never thought once to purchase this system. That said, MS really threw everything into this and tried as hard as they could to give a true 4K machine and experience. As a PS4 Pro owner, I'm salty at the IQ differences, but at the same time, accept this as the amount of exclusives on Sony is where it's at.

If MS can get some decent exclusives, they'd have a juggernaut right now. From ruining the current gen with the lowest denominator Xbox One to raising the bar with X. But as I say every time a new GPU hits and everyone goes apeshit, show me software and then I'll buy the hardware. They're supporting far more back log titles with new updates than Sony ever did. They're honestly doing everything right minus the exclusives. As someone wanting a justification for a purchase...I still can't make one here yet. Come on MS! Lol.

Keitosha likes this.
  7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    You get a like simply for the Al Bundy avatar.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't think they will step things up with the exclusives, at least not anytime soon as we would probably have heard about it by now.

Exclusive games aren't that important to me unless there are a large amount every single year. Saying that, even with the tiny amount of exclusives Sony still have a clear advantage, but you would have to like every single Sony exclusive and even then they all seem to be SP games, so it's more likely i would borrow the console rather than buy it.

I want the OneX as the older i get the more i just want a plug and play gaming experience, it's abit like when you get a well optimised but essentially 1:1 PC port of game in that the lack of customisation frustrates you, but your actually quite pleased as now you can't waste hour and hours tweaking stuff and you can just play the game.

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well even more good news on back compat from as the next round of original xbox games will be announced on April 10th, i have my fingers crossed that Forza motorsport and Burnout 1 and 2, will be that list, and i live in hope Outrun might appear but i know there are licencing issues with the outruns games, but we live in hope. :)

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I enjoy most Sony exclusives. Just this generation alone, Infamous: Second Son, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, Horizon Dawn, Order 1886, and soon God of War. The only thing I see with MS is Gears of War and Sea of Thieves. Sony should take note on how to support the functionality though. Damn.

anxious_f0x likes this.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well a lot of BC and enhanced games just hit the XBX with 19 in total between BC and enhanced games, some xbox 360 and some original xbox.

Enhanced 4k xbox 360 games are..
    Red Dead Redemption, This game look simply stunning after the 4k patch.
    Gears of War 2, 4k patch and all dlc is free now.
    Sonic generations , 4k Sonic, what is not to like.
    Star was Force unleashed, Now 4k into the dark side.
    Darksiders 2, I have this in my library but never played it. lol
    Portal 2, The cake in 4k.

And now the cherry on the BC cake for us retro gamers, original xbox games enhanced and 4k heading to XBX...
    Elders Scrolls 3 Morrowind....OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!
    Panzer Dragoon Orta. And remember you can unlocked the original Sega game.
    Destroy All Humans.
    Full Spectrum Warrior.
    Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction.
    MX Unleashed.
    Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory.
    Star Wars Battlefront...... :) And no waiting for the rest of the game via season pass
    Star Wars Battlefront II... :) And no loot boxes.
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. The force will be with you, always, thanks to BC.
    Star Wars Jedi Starfighter. Vroom, pew pew.
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Another cracker.
    Star Wars Republic Command. Implimenet order 66.
    Blinx: The Time Sweeper. Do i have time to play this.
    Breakdown. My wallet will be having one of these.
    Conker: Live & Reloaded.
    Hunter: The Reckoning.
    Jade Empire.
    SSX 3 Literally taking the piste. ;)

And Breath.....;)

Serotonin likes this.
  12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    This makes me send dirty looks toward Sony. Sure would be nice to have a few key PS3 games in 4K on my PS4 Pro. Too concerned pushing their streaming service I suppose. The irony. Sony for exclusives, XBOX for care and love of older titles, patched to make use of a system with the power to do so. Kudos to microsoft for finding a place to focus on that Sony can't compete. And a segment that also helps justify the purchase. I steered clear due to having a PC, but with this kind of support for old titles...it makes it seems a little more justifiable.

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Yeap, I am loving 4k on this system and it has just ruined me now for anything less, and yes i have a GTX1080 before somebody wonders why i chose not to do my 4k gaming that, but it simply became too much of a pain to get the PC to connect to the 55in 4k tv which is in another room, and then having to dig out wireless mouse/KB, then of course i would be dropping down to a 27in monitor rather than a 55in TV, but more importantly i would be sitting on a old PC chair rather than a nice comfy laid back couch or chair, so it was a no brainer for me. :)

But the XBX has only made me want 4k HDR stuff, so i am waiting to grab a pro at some point when i can get it for £299 or under, loving these 4k machines, so much power and all sitting under my TV, and i am even looking at the PSVR even though i have a Rift as i am moving towards a more hassle free VR setup with more access to everybody else say around the TV, the one thing my PC can't really do.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  14. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Yeah sony really needs to get its act together with updating its games and making games like gran turismo that landed on ps3 4k also. If they did they would be putting a huge hurting on microsoft but they refuse to which i guess they figure the new games will push the limits of the system to where people will go for them and away from classics like gran turismo series. Either way its nice to see both systems finally touching 4k resolutions. I believe the next systems will push 4k/60fps in alot of their games. Why cause those systems are still 2 years down the pipeline and we know how how devs are pushing games into 4k on pc now with just 1070-1080's. So yeah good things are about to really happen in couple years for consoles. I can't wait to see how these two brutes go at it again for supreme console systems.

15. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    We have the regular xbox 1 not even s model and we have connected on a 4k LG 55 inch I do notice slowdowns somerimes ( grapicly intense scenes) but to my understanding its 1080p unless u have x model so I will pick one up soon i hope.

Big Diffrence between the old 360 and this I must say, its on the way to catch up to pc quality (opinion) . I played Metro 2033 redux,Fallot 4,Borderlands 2,It looks just as good as our pc version running a Gtx 980 @ 1080p. Well real close at least.

8 Jaguar cores it has right? Gpu on the x model is real close to a Gtx 960 with more memory and much higher bandwidth? Or was it a 980? I dont know?

16. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Before u guys ask yes i did hook up my pc to the 4k LG i cannot get smooth 60 fps highest settings no freakin way! Ssaa is off and I gotta run High instead of ultra but what a site to behold,holly-cow!

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    X model is great on a 4k hdr tv, i also have a 55in one and i love it, i don't know what MS are doing but i hope they continue, MS having to actually work to keep gamers on the Xbox due to the ps4 killing them in hardware sales is the best thing ever, my bang for buck has never been this high on a console, cracking stuff, i am one (pun intended) happy gamer.:D

nz3777 likes this.
  18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Got xbox one x as a gift recently. Damn this thing is impressive. Been playing new tomb raider, halo 5 with 4k patch and red dead redemption 2. 4K is legit on this thing. My PS4 Pro is dead to me! Lol

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Funny thing is since i moved my pro onto a 1080p tv i am actually enjoying it, no more sounding like a bloody jet, and i swore i would not purchase anything digitally on the ps4 due to Sony not supporting bc, but i just bought Dirt rally vr bundle for 12 quid to enjoy in vr, i have it on steam but it's just too much hassle and my pc chair is not as comfy as my recliner. Lol

But yeah its cracking bang for buck, you need to try gamepass, i am sure you get a free trail, get FH4 and The state of decay 2.......cracking games.

Serotonin likes this.
  20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I actually just got game pass last month on PC when Forza 4 supported it. So yeah, I def. have a lot of stuff to run through. It's a great service. Lots to offer! Also really cool a good chunk of them are xbox one x enhanced.

XP-200 likes this.