Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    You pressed a button didn't you?

https://twitter.com/BethesdaSupport/status/1057384624341639174

More seriously (Pretty crappy issue too.) doing that deletes the preload data and starts the download over.
    (Taken from: https://www.resetera.com/threads/be...-touching-pc-client-of-fallout-76-beta.77980/ )

Geryboy likes this.
  2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Skillup usually is a pretty reserved and optimistic reviewer and he just trashed the game in a beta review:

Not looking good at all. I was pretty meh about this game from the get go due to no singleplayer and the direction they were heading, but this review really finalizes my decision being a big fat "NO".

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol ... just saw that tweet. What a pathetic showing from those greedy bastards. I hope this game and their "platform" crashes and burns.

7 minutes in ... damn that was scathing.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Well... if I think about why I love Fallout games, and then look at this game, it doesn't seem it has the things I love about Fallout :-/ To me, it looks like it's a Fallout-themed game, not a Fallout game.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    At this rate i will eventually have more digital delivery store apps than games. Lol

6. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

That's the thing with Bethesda and their big name franchises.

They will not make any major changes until at least a major expansion is releasead, but will gradually make small changes to things like bullet damage etc. With the offline games, we had modders fixing things as and when necessary, but that obviously won't happen here

So, if you do not like the game in its current state, or haven't got the patience or deep interest in the general franchise setting/lore - don't buy it yet.

Having said that, TESO is now an absolutely wonderful game, that took years to get where it is in terms of visuals, the quality of quests and sheer content.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2018
    SpajdrEX likes this.
  7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Also, the game engine is still broken. Bethesda has fixed nothing, and has learned nothing from the past. They just took the broken mess of an engine as-is, and made Fallout 76 with it. No effort whatsoever to fix anything.

They fully expect reviewers to just say "it's OK, it's Bethesda" again. And many of them probably will, because, you know, games "journalism." 8/10, go buy it. From the same people who trashed Mass Effect: Andromeda for bugs way less severe.

8. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    @ 13:24

Are they STILL using uGridstoLoad 5 or what? Jeebus, Bethesda please. PLEASE move on from that engine.

Anyway, overall, I'm just not surprised that Fallout 76 fails on so many aspects. I can give credits to Bethesda for... well, I suppose, for trying "something". But c'mon, first of all STOP USING GAMEBRYO (and stop renaming it! no one cares that it's now called "Creation Engine", it doesn't make it magically better; its ROOTS all date back to freakin' Oblivion if not for Morrowind), and second, do NOT use your single-player IPs for multi-player "tests" and experiments, that's it. I HOPE that they're not going to implement ANY amount and form of multi-player for Elder Scrolls 6 or I guarantee the Internet will explode.

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    like this "game" in concept or on paper or in reality ever sounded like a good idea.

Todd howard skrews the pooch again probably with other one of his brilliant ideas.

bethesda is hands down one of the laziest developers going that constantly gets its ass kissed for making mediocre games and letting gamers fix their games from everything to graphics to textures to content to game bug fixes.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Some pretty cool gameplay here, it actually looked kinda fun when teamed up with a friend.... kinda weird that exiting the game and starting it again made his fps jump from sub 30 to 100+

11. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Gamespeed is STILL tied to fps.

Giving you speed hacks. Jesus Christ Bethesda.

BlackZero likes this.
  12. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Half the time I wonder if they do it on purpose. :)

13. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Ahh, the ancient gamebryo engine screws them over again. I was surprised they went with it for FO4, let alone further. I mean bethesda's games were basically always fixed by modders. All the bugs and actuall features and mechanics, but that is impossible here. Let's hope next fallout will be a proper one, because this looks DOA.

14. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Modders cannot fix the engine. They can only fix game bugs, and generally stuff that has nothing to do with the engine. You can only do minimal changes to the actual code (with hooks and injectors.)

There's no mod that fixes 60FPS game speed, for example. Or the CPU or memory bottlenecking.

So this is something that cannot be fixed by anyone other than Bethesda.

15. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

What's wrong with the engine?

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Game speed is tied to frame rate and it has some rather big performance issues. It's also quite bad at displaying assets seamlessly; they pop in and out way too much.

It has problems that normally would never get past QA. So it seems there's either no QA, or it's being done with low standards.

BlackZero likes this.
  17. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Sounds like a lot of work.

I suppose without making some rather big changes, they would have to hard code it to 60 fps - so no 144Hz support.

The pop in, on the other hand, sounds more like a resource or compatibility issue.

Also, I think much of it is due to the way scripting works, so they have to tie it to something.

Perhaps just the nature of the beast.

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I saw there's a bug where instead of installing the beta, it will install Skyrim instead lmao

DocStrangelove likes this.
  19. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Of course. Making a good product requires a lot of work. Other game developers have done that work. Bethesda doesn't.

20. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

What are you comparing to?