Review: Corsair H115i Platinum 280mm liquid cooler

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review a new premium cooler from Corsair, the Corsair Hydro Series H115i Platinum. The Platinum edition is a dual-fan 280mm model of the AIO Liquid cooler series that Corsair releases. Corsair has...

Review: Corsair H115i Platinum 280mm liquid cooler

Geryboy and -Tj- like this.
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So it's basically a h115i pro with more rgb?

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Hmmmmm yeah, more (and better addressable) in the cooling block and ML RGB PRO fans ...

-Tj- and tunejunky like this.
  4. ChampSilva

ChampSilva Member

GPU:
    Actually is a bit better

5. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    thanks HH.
    this is a strong unit. i never buy aio except 280mm, as it is the sweet spot as you pointed out.

the Corsair ML fans deserve the time you took and the explanation you made. they are really, really good and i'm a guy who's used scythe and noctua.
    on my new 2950x build, i'm using a corsair crystal 280...which came with rgb (but "ll" series). i replaced the fans with ML (nonRGB), and added four more for my Black Ice 280mm radiators. i'm doing about 800-900rpm at near dead silence from seven fans (Threadripper VRM paranoia LOL).
    they are amaze-balls.

6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Sorry but it needs even more RGB!!! As it stands it´s not psychedelic enough!

DeskStar and tunejunky like this.
  7. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    Well in tests H115i and H110 are a bit better. But that's just 1 deg difference that could get down to thermal grease and ambient temperature.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    If the tests with the Corsair H115i are done at 100% RPM then it's no wonder that it still shows as having better performance, since I own one and the stock fans, while good, are super loud above 1600 RPM and max is 2400. When I turn that on, I expect my rig to take off any second, that's how loud they are. Airflow is insane too, as I can feel the air blowing from a distance. :eek:

Anyway, nice review. While I know people had problems, I've had 3 generations of Corsair AIOs, each for 3+ years running OCed CPUs, never had an issue.

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Huh? What on this earth makes you assume this is tested at 100% RPM ?

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Didn't say it was, I was replying in regards to the poster above. I have both ML and SP 140mm fans, and if both are run at max RPM ,I think the SP (H115i stock fans) will perform slightly better (yet insanely louder) since it's 2000 vs 2400RPM.

11. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Ya I'm using the Corsair ML's too, love them and can run at 1,000 rpm, with my setup and be quiet, the noise kicks up a little when pushed farther but it's not like a jet or anything you just can hear the air moving it's not really fan noise, anyhow love them cool fans.

tunejunky likes this.
  12. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    i still do not see that water cooling is that better over air - Noctua . OK on 100 cpu usage , which will never be a 24/7 usage ,there is 5 degrees less heat , wowee, and 10 with corsair gt. The point is 75 degrees is not going to kill the cpu, and sound is normally better with air. The water cool thingy to me is looks rather than being practical :D

13. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Paying a premium for Ml fans, well...after using them in my rig for several months now with 2 ml 140mm white led fans on my Corsair H110i gt and 3 around my case i can safely say they are over hyped, they are only quiet at low rpm and at that speed you might as well not use fans not to mention that the leds are only effective at higher rpms., sure they are of solid build quality but £125 for 5 fans....never again.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    HandR likes this.
  14. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I run my Corsair aio ml 140mm fans at 725rpm and my 3 case fans around 550-650 and they are far from silent.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I been enjoying my Corsair H150i pro ever since i switched to it 6 ish months ago from my aging old thermal right SB-E Extreme that I had since it came out. my SB-E Extreme couldn't keep my 7800X cool at 4.6ghz, always be in the 90-95s when I game, what worst I ran it at stock for an while to see how it does, It still flew back up into the 85-90s. No amount of paste cleaning, changing paste to an better one or re-adjusting etc to the cooler fix it. With my H150i pro temps been much better then it ever been, I personally never thought I would have ever went to an AIO. I haven't had any issues at all with my Corsair H150i pro aio.I run my fans at 100% and it's still quiet, the only thing that get's loud is my GTX 1080 when it revs up during an game.

Also before some one say it,I will never De-lied any processor I get,since if something goes wrong during the process, I'd be out of an processor and a use able desktop for an long time.

As for the RGB it can be turned off in the corsair software suite.

tunejunky likes this.

16. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Nice review HH.
    The only thing i don't like about the Corsair H150i is the amount of non detachable cables coming off the block pump and Zero RPM mode with fans kicking in 40 Degrees C.
    I also don't get why all this hate for RGB from everyone, if it is controllable you can just switch it off.
    I personally love RGB products as it gives you a full spectrum of colors to choose from and you can leave it in static mode.
    When i upgraded to my 8700k i bought a Corsair H110i gt (is it is in the top of the list) and replaced the fans with 2 x 140 ML pro ones.
    I run them in balanced mode 1000rpm and my cpu non-delided at 4.7 HT on at high 50 c celsius or 5ghz HT on low 70s ( i must have gotten a good sample).

17. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    That's what I like about RGB also, I remember ages ago, if you wanted to add lights to your build, you had to go with cold cathode's that came in single colors and if you wanted multi colors you had to buy different color sets. Now a day's it much easier to make color themes for your build. If you want your color theme to be red or get an color scheme for Fallout going or what ever, it's an simple setting of the software suite.

There isn't any problem with more RGB products coming to the market, since they release just as much Normal Non RGB products to the market,People are set in there old ways and perfer to not be any RGB products in the market and even feel like that only kids would like RGB as if no Adult would ever use it, which is silly. RGB makes it easier for me to put colors in my build and come up with light themes. Without having to mess with cathode's or the old one color only lights.

People claim down RGB products are not going to push non RGB products out the market, they are going to make both non RGB products for the folks who prefer that style for there builds, and then RGB products for those who want that feature in there builds. There are two different market sectors. Not to mention if you see something you like you can disable the RGB like I mentioned.

18. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    i think most people dont have problem with RGB
    from what i see, many products nowdays overly marketing RGB which make to most people feel "boring"

RGB itself is just accesories rather than evolution/improvent to the product
    so many people see it like "lazy" product developing... make new product, just slap RGB led = new products
    then what make worse is when the company charge premium prices for that RGB version

19. visadron

visadron Guest

GPU:
    hd 5770
    Christmas tree ??? :):rolleyes:o_O

20. quantum hacker

quantum hacker Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275 - 896 MB
    Skip the fans and just package some lsd with the thing already.

DeskStar and tunejunky like this.