Battlefield 5 gets its battle royale mode March 2019

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 24, 2018.

1. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    EA are full of great moves lately lol

Solfaur likes this.
  2. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The Battlefield series peaked at Battlefield 2.

I need to stop caring what happens now. The BF I knew? It's just gone. Battle Royale mode?

I feel like this epitomizes what it is to be an OLD gamer (45). "Things were better back in my day."

AMDfan likes this.
  3. AMDfan

AMDfan Guest

GPU:
    280X
    The horror, battle royale on BF series...
    And then it gets optimized for the 2080Ti to run a butterly smooth 60FPS with RTX on. I see a future without BF series coming, never will i buy a BF game any more.

The game gets destroyed to promote a dead series of RTX cards, that are 70% more expensive and you get only 30% extra power... good grief, NVIDIA is destroying the PC gaming MR for the good of their share holders.....

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The issue is that by chasing that player dragon the developer is putting resource, time and cash in to a mode that many players do not want or care about, let's face it if you wanted a BR focused game you would have already bought and be playing one of the games that does that game mode specifically and no doubt much much better. Now IF the game was releasing with a huge amount of content and polished to a mirror quality shine then by all means stick that resource in to that mode but it seems that from the early information BF5 isn't releasing with a wealth of content, lower number of weapons and modifications than previous BF games, copy paste weapons from BF1, game modes being released piece by piece AFTER it's release and as it's a BF game we all know that the first few weeks will be an utter mess of server issues, game bug issues, weapons balancing patches and I can bet you that EA are will spend this time watching community reaction to BO4 BR before deciding if it can get away with charging for this additional BR mode.

Dynarush_333 likes this.

5. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Dice should release "Battlefield Battle Royle" standalone, just like "Battlefield Hardline". BFV with Battle Royale mode is kind of joke.

Dice need to focus on Battlefield itself and stop copying somebody else invent their own battle royale mode.

6. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Battlefield is a game

Battle Royale is a type of game mode

So you are correct. But Battlefield can have a Battle Royale mode

Thankfully I like neither and won't touch this with a bargepole. These games are really getting old. I wish they'd just stop

As for the whole tick rate debate. Of course low tick rate is bad, but server and netcode architecture has changed a lot in recent years and tick rate is not the whole picture.

See battlenonsense on Youtube for explanations on it all, too long-winded to type here

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Wait, you're serious? <insert J. Jonah Jameson meme>

Please tell me you're joking. Even among BR fans, Blackout is a total pile of garbage and is already dead. LMAO. Thanks for the laugh though! Seriously!

7. Order_66

Order_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6900XT
    I got mw4 just for blackout, the graphics are quite nice but those weapons are horrific along with the 10hz, quite a disappointment because blackout has a lot of potential.

The zombie coop stuff is a lot more fun and almost justifies the purchase.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    To me, it's like if The Sims had Battle Royale, or World of Warcraft having it, or Lemmings having it..... it just doesn't make sense, it's just the new fad EA are hoping to gain some sales from.

9. eon2000

eon2000 New Member

GPU:
    Patriot 16GIG
    hey guys thanks for the news,,, I like battlefield a lot but this is going to be my last new battlefield I ever buy.
    Conquest is where is at and other modes....

Battle Royal in Firestorm... Damnation Royal..

Nope nope in my gameing..

All real PC gameing and old school where it is at.

One more thing Forever Ultima..!!!
    New System Shock coming soon....
    >:D

10. EnvymeRT

EnvymeRT Guest

Yeah ... same here. Tickrate is actually 20hz as a reddit user extensively tested it. Not only is the tick rate awful but so is hit detection and hit boxes. My friends who are on the fence about buying the game I show a few videos of me playing this weekend. In a few cases I literally line someone up who is trying to snipe another person, shoot at their head 3x from 30 yards, then open up full auto and not have a single round hit them. This happened 4x this weekend in about 11 games, needless to say I cannot recommend it to friends. And the normal CoD is the same, hit registration/boxes are crap and you constantly get smoked after running behind cover. My ping on PC is anywhere from 18-32ms so kills behind cover should not be happening nearly as often as they do.

Me and my friends welcome BF as at least they offer stable servers, hit detection is great and we can play as a squad and it serves a purpose. In CoD you all just run and gun and everyone uses the same 4 weapons ... The spitfire, shotgun, the last smg you can earn (all with laser sight to hip fire) and the one shot Paladin Sniper rifles which as long as you are close its a kill. The game just feels so terrible and broken. And this is coming from a guy that was a former CoD pro .... (2005-2006) and my Estimated Kills in BO4 (in stead of actual... this is new to CoD) hovers ranges between 2.5-3.8. I used to be a Call of Duty guy who would wait in line at midnight ...... This is the first one I have bought in 3 years and it just feels so trashy.

Order_66 and Solfaur like this.

11. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Firstly, the BR mode is done by whole different team, not Dice, so its not really any "lost" dev time from base BF.
    "Players do not want or care about BR"? I do like BF and BR, also I hope BF can nail the BR mode because none really have yet.
    About quantity of things at launch I cant say much yet, if its good quality maps then I dont care if we have 6 or 20 maps at launch, I would be more worried if we had tons of maps and all of them being boring and same:ish.

12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    They should also add crafting and zombies to Battlefield.

13. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Not gonna buy this game. It's a shameless BF1 re-skin with a game mode stolen from PUBG. Wake me up when they release BF 2143.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    BFV has crafting/building, and it's completely out of place. I died countless times in the beta while building fortifications or worse repairing resupply stations after they were destroyed.

To give you the worst example, the resupply station for tanks was accidentally destroyed by a teammate. So I had to get out of my tank, repair/build it, and by the time I done that another teammate ninja'd the tank, went on with it (without even repairing/resupplying) and died almost instantly. This is literally a case of creating a problem where there wasn't one before. Both attrition and crafting are an unnecessary mess.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I agree about crafting, the building thing in bf5 is SOOOO out of place... but i think it's fair enough that a tank spawns with the same amount of bullets that it would have had IRL, rather than just constantly auto generating new bullets. But it's easily solvable by making resupply stations undestroyable.

16. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    BF2 was the best imho, load up the jeep with C4 then block the alley get on the roof n wait for them to come in lolz BOOM!

17. EnvymeRT

EnvymeRT Guest

Shameless reskin of BF1 and stolen mode ..... I hope you have been using that argument on CoD for the last 8 years. Call of Duty hasn't done dick to that engine in 10 years ...and the game looks like crap on PC. If I am playing a triple A game on PC and can tell it was made for consoles it should NOT be one of the biggest selling games of the year. CoD hasn't innovated anything in years ... they constantly rip off other games this year they ripped of R6:Seige and the Rush mode in BF but who am I.

18. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Yeah I don’t play CoD

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Fantastic stuff, if anything is going to get me to buy a game it is the addition of a BR mode. (looks for the heavy sarcasm emote) lol

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    While I'm far from a BFV fan, I find it funny when people call it a BF1 reskin. I mean, other than some guns, that were indeed used in both WWI and WWII and hence make their return in BFV, the actual game - gameplay wise is totally different. BF1 is fast(er) paced lone wolf crazy action, while BFV is a lot slower, requires actual teamplay - mainly because of attrition and secondly because of how bad most guns are at stock (with sniper rifles being utter crap).