Need new net provider.

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by nz3777, Oct 31, 2018.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Hey guys I was wondering if you can help me out or point me in the right direction. I currently have pre-paid Comcast internet access they suck is an understatement and we pay like $55 a month so I am not happy whatsoever.

Do you guys know of any other companys were I can get a better deal? I checked Google Fiber not available in my area just yet...I do not mind paying More but I want good service speeds with no interruptions basicly and these guys are constantly something is either down or broken (sick of this crap)

I live around Chicago burbs so you know,Atnt possibly? My download is under 20mb/s now and upload is 2mb/s at best.

Thank you for your time,I know you guys are up to speed on this thats why I ask. Nick

2. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Before I was able to use a diffrent modem with same (current) service and get over 200mb/s download they did some kind of Major overhaul now i can only use the pre-paid crap modem they made me buy for the 2nd time now. I tried theres no way to use a different one it just blocks me out!

Update- I got Atnt for $10 dollars more at 50mb/s compared to Comsast pre-paid 2mb/s trash of a service they offer. Please close thread thank you.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  3. xrodney

xrodney Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 7900 XTX
    WOW, $55 for trashy 2mbit ?DSL, really?

Can have 250/50mbit fiber for about same or up to 150mbit LTE internet for home for less here (and that's in EU country with ones of most expensive mobile services).
    And I was always complaining we have it expensive here, but that's not even comparable with your area.

4. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    Tried checking out these?

https://www.highspeedinternet.com/il/chicago

I'm in Norway and have never been over the pond, but looks like you got several to choose from. I got fiber, but it's only one to choose around theses parts (got some government founds since we are above the polar circle)

nz3777 likes this.

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Thank you Brother, I end-up with Atnt 50 down and 12 up for $45 a month.Still no fiber.