Affordable Logitech Z607 speakers with 5.1 surround sound, Bluetooth and FM radio

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 26, 2018.

1. bulldog75

bulldog75 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 OC 8G
    Cant fault ya,if the neighbours started the war its their own fault.I owned the Corsair SP2500 set a few years back(not surround though,2.1),that BadBoy Sub nearly blew my effing windows out.Had noisey neighbours who played loud music at daft o'clock almost everyday,so I bought these and we would have loudness conflicts quite often.With these suckers I was the victor.LoL:).Also BF in surround is awesome.

Solfaur likes this.
  2. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    You probably won't. After getting used to that colored sound with dynamics ramped up, anything hi-fi will sound weak and shallow to you, until you get used to hearing what has actually been recorded over what logi reproduced. But there is nothing wrong to being used to that logi sound. You might want to look into Altec Lansing for replacement. They are a bit more expensive (in a higher multimedia class 2.1 or 5.1) but will keep that dynamic range ramp up and will have a bit more of that true to life sound to them.

I am saying this because I had a friend who owned Z-5500's sit in the listening room with very good speaker set up, and he didn't like it, preferred Z-5500. It's just a habit. Once, long time ago, I had Altec Lansing ATP3. I gave them away and got JBL monitors, incl. subwoofer, amplifier and so on. I preferred ATP3 sound, for a while. After I got "unhooked" and heard the ATP3 again after quite some time, I was able to hear what is missing (sound wise) from them. Still sounded good for a 100$ system.

Solfaur likes this.
  3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yeah I remember that. He called me swearing up and down his badboys was wiping the floor with you :p

4. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @Astyanax
    Anything below 300-500 for their 2 or 2.1 (and up) isnt any better, especially regarding materials/drivers used.

The 2.1 edi i bought when it was on sale, was broken out of box.
    Driver from the sub broke off, while no damage on outside or even the shipping box.
    After i opened it to see if i can fix it, i knew why...
    If someone would have shown the system to me without label, i would have guessed no-name 30$ unit from a discounter.

I bought/sold a couple of logitech speakers (and others) in the past +20y including used/ebay stuff, and not once did i see the same prob.
    And they also sounded better.

Owning 300 sennheisers running headphone amp and decent dac,
    so im not mistaking dynamic sound ala beats as "quality"..

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Z5500's was the best 5.1 PC "AIO" setup for years. I still have my original system that used regular speaker cables - they eventually updated and used RCA. The controller and everything still works but the display is a bit damaged, I think my center channel stopped working too. I haven't used them in a bit (updated to KEF LS50s & surrounds) but they were definitely one of my best purchases.. got so much use out of them and the price was relatively cheap.

Solfaur likes this.
  6. uKER

uKER Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    No HDMI? Seriously?

7. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

It was never "The best".

They came in second to the 5.1 / 7.1 gigaworks set in nearly all reviews that weren't done by a deaf doof doof meathead.

9. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's for this reason i bought the LG v30, dongles have made it worse now phone wise :( Bluetooth sure has got better, but it's still got a long way to go in my eyes

10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    True, i would like LG to nail battery life better, with at least 4000mah, can't go back after the legendary Mate's 9 performance.

11. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    [​IMG]

Solfaur likes this.
  12. Skylinestar

Skylinestar Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    I always have a fond of 5.1 PC speakers. I'm more worried about the reliability of the amp modules in the subwoofer though.
    By the way, does it even do bass management (proper crossover) for all channels?

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Disagree. A neighbor/friend of mine growing up owned the S750 and I owned the ProMedia 5.1 and Z5500 - Z5500 was the best. S750 had a better price/performance due to the extra channel but the 5500's were better sounding imo. The ProMedia had a better sub but the speakers were worse especially with higher frequencies. Also when I eventually replaced my sub I was able to just run the Z5500 speakers to a Marantz receiver because the earlier models used standard speaker wire and not RCA plugs like the S750. Plus the Z5500 had a cool knob control panel + optical input.

Either way I run KEF LS50's powered by a Parasound A21 + Marantz SR6012, KEF Q650c and KEF Q100 for surrounds now + SVS SB2000 sub. I don't miss any of those systems anymore but I do have fond memories of them.

Solfaur likes this.
  14. Aleksandar012

Aleksandar012 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 3870
    Better review of these kung-fu speakers...

15. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    usually price reflect quality, as long u not expecting much about the speaker
    i think it worth the price

but if you care about sound-quality, better buy better speaker set
    good speaker usually last for years anyway, so worth spending abit more for quality speaker

16. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

all bluetooth devices do not qualify as high fidelity...period.

and as i mentioned, every single one sounds better plugged in, including the Logitech.

this is about truth, not snobbery.

17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Why?

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  19. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

it is not "transparent" by any stretch of the imagination as errors abound and it is still lossy.
    but it is better.

the only way to stream high fidelity at this point in time is to go bit perfect and pay for the software/hardware.

again, not about "high-end" audio, just honesty among all of the marketing and false claims.
    every single purveyor is selling a worse product for more money than their non-bluetooth products.

the sound difference is so massive you can hear it on $5 earbuds.

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I feel like 192 is pretty low. I personally prefer V0/320 - I use FLAC to store but now in days I don't even bother storing. I could never hear any benefit of FLAC over 320, with my HD800 or my LS50s.

fry178 and Noisiv like this.