How do I get RTSS FPS counter to NOT show on startup of a game?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by holdypaws, Oct 26, 2018.

1. holdypaws

holdypaws Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    This is driving me absolutely insane. Here's what I want, and I am clueless as to why I can't achieve this comically simple thing: I want to turn on a game and have no OSD showing at startup, and I'd like to be able to toggle Afterburner OSD on and off. ...that's it. That's all, and I have tried everything, and no matter what I do, the RTSS FPS framerate shows on startup of a game. EVERY SINGLE TIME I open a game, I have to toggle it off. I have even **uninstalled** RTSS, and the RTSS framerate is still there when I open a game. Before I uninstalled, I turned off OSD in the program - it still showed up. What is going on? What am I missing here? I refuse to believe that the RTSS FPS will ALWAYS display on the startup of a game and there's nothing I can do about that as long as Afterburner is installed on my computer. I do not want the RTSS OSD on my screen, ever. I want the Afterburner one that shows CPU load, RAM, etc. Please god help me. Please god, please, please.

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Easily accomplished,

Assign a hotkey to the OSD, toggle it and it'll remember the last state.

AB properties -> OSD -> Toggle on-screen display, and assign say F2 to it.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

If you uninstalled RTSS then this framerate counter belongs to something else with no doubts.

4. holdypaws

holdypaws Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Toggling AB isn't the problem. I can toggle it on and off. EDIT: Just FYI, it doesn't remember the last state. I still have to toggle it on - it never appears on startup of a game, which is totally fine with me, as I just want the ability to toggle it on/off, which I have. I simply want the RTSS OSD gone, forever.

It's RTSS, with no doubts. It is displayed in the format/size chosen in RTSS.

EDIT: To be super clear, I am trying to fix the problem of having to toggle the RTSS FPS counter to off every single time I open any game. Let's say I start up a game - the RTSS OSD is there. Let's say I then toggle the AB OSD to on. It appears in addition to the RTSS OSD (They are both in my upper left corner, so they appear sandwhiched on top of one another, unreadable). I then have to toggle RTSS OSD off. I'm sick of doing this every time I open a game, and I want the RTSS OSD gone, as I never use it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It cannot be RTSS if you uninstalled it. No need to tell fake stories please, if you don’t understand how RTSS works. The thing you’re claiming is just plain unreal. I regret that commented it, sorry.

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Just toggle off "Show own statistics".

FPS counter will not show up in the OSD.

But sounds like you didn't actually uninstall it; that or you have some other program causing a counter.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Fraps, Evga precision, NZXT CAM, all do overlays, but as all others have said it is not possible for an application removed and no longer able to inject itself to overlay anything.

8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I misread your first post and missed that part, if uninstalled it's not RT of course. Something else is active as OSD.

9. holdypaws

holdypaws Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Ah yes, my favorite pastime, posting fake stories on forums. Listen - I know this issue sounds crazy, but that's exactly why I came to this forum for help. I posted to see if this had maybe happened to anyone else, some file I forgot about, or a known issue? As I said before, the format of the OSD is the exact same as the uninstalled RTSS one - it is definitively NOT another OSD or program. I shrank it, moved it out of the display field in the settings, and when it still showed up tiny and not-quite-completely off my screen, I said screw it and uninstalled it, and the shrunken/moved counter nevertheless appeared on my screen after I restarted my computer and booted up a game. Believe whatever you want, but this absolutely happened, and I came here for help with it, so if you don't have anything helpful to say, you can quit slinging accusations and just leave the thread. And anyways, to remind anyone that's actually here to help me, this uninstalling Poltergeist-esque phenomenon is not the issue I'm seeking help with here - how do I get the RTSS OSD to not appear on my screen every time I boot up a game? EDIT: I have since re-installed RTSS so I can access the settings (since uninstalling was of absolutely no help at all, maybe uninstalling both RTSS and Afterburner will do the trick if I can't fix it).

I can't remember if I tried this - I will do it and see what happens, thanks.

Lastly, here's another thing that I found out - when I brought up the Afterburner OSD after attempting to shrink and position the RTSS OSD off-screen, the Afterburner OSD was also changed in the same way. It was very small, sitting not-even-close-to-off-screen in about the middle of my screen on the left side. If Agent-A01's tip doesn't work, I'm just going to uninstall both Afterburner and RTSS and try one of the suggestions from Astyanax. Thanks for everyone's help.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you turn off the "show own statistics" item in Global RTSS settings.