Intel Also Reports Third-Quarter 2018 Financial Results

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    They are like Harkonen they are squeezing good.

3. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Excellent results and outlook, which is no surprise when you consider that their fabs are at full capacity. It's hard not to make record profits when you are selling every chip you make.

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Slight adjustment: selling every chip you make, some of which at an inflated price.

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    It's only us plebians who are paying more; I'm sure they're charging their enterprise and high-end customers normal rates. Retailers are also having a ball, hiking up prices of Intel CPUs - like with GPUs during the good old mining days. It's only regular consumers who are losing out - everybody else is happy :)

6. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    I think it is more like a "market" thing, you know, if the demand is higher and the supply is lower the price will go up

7. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    Intel's quarterlies kept me happy for 30 years. now, not so much. i see the gilding of the lily and i hear the whistling past the graveyard.
    still not selling, but i've bought a lot more AMD.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Some? All.
    Reason why they are selling their own chips at those crazy prices is simple. They have same sell price to production cost ratio for all production capacity they offer to others.

tunejunky likes this.
  9. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    Good results for Intel. I suspected something in this line, given the fact that they can’t keep up with supply and they sell their products at record high prices. It’s impossible not to mak good profits though

10. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Except their desktop CPU prices are roughly the same as they've been for a decade.

Or If you would like, we can always return to how much computers cost when I was growing up. I bet you'd really love that. Back then, a base model IBM Personal Computer 5150 cost $1500 which adjusted for inflation is around $4300. But if you wanted one decked out like we all do, that cost about $3000, or in today's dollars close to $10k.

Some of you guys are starting to sound like your parents.... "I remember when you could buy a candy bar for a nickle!"

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Economics is lost on you.

tunejunky likes this.