Nvidia Geforce 416.34 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by khanmein, Oct 12, 2018.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Does anyone else get these weird errors in Event Viewer under the system section? win10 1809. I didn't do any slimming so that's out of the question at least.

2. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
  3. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    For me it's not even 399.24 but 397.x(not sure which one exactly) that runs CryEngine best. Didn't notice issues with other engines.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  4. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    it seems nvidia adaptive half refresh rate is broken

5. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Running fine here , 416.34 so far so good

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm not sure if this a bug with this driver or just a peculiar quirk with my system but every time I boot into Windows G-SYNC is set from Fullscreen only to Fullscreen + Windowed. I change it to Fullscreen and click on Apply then it works as intended until I turn off my PC.

Previously, I had always left G-SYNC on Fullscreen + Windowed so this issue may have existed for some time. However, it is only recently that I decided to just set G-SYNC to Fullscreen only in order to fix weird performance issues with Unity engine games (which typically use borderless window mode and, in my experience, don't tend to play nice with G-SYNC, causing framerates to drop to 24-30 fps with extremely low CPU and GPU usage).

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  7. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Likely not driver, but Windows being Windows. Similar issue with old X-Fi drivers for cards like the Auzentech HTHD where windows 'forgets' sounds settings after a reboot. Bloody annoying. The solution is to force a shutdown, as this updates the hibernate file where the current state of the operating system is stored, which is what's loaded after a shutdown or reboot. And, because Windows is procreating Windows, you may have to do this a few times before it sticks. But thereafter, it's sorted. I have to do this every time I upgrade the OS and re-install sound drivers.

Note this won't work if you've disabled Fast Startup. What I usually do is configure, close all programs, open a console and run: shutdown /s /t 0.

8. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I have this same issue, it's mostly due to shadows or light changes, it seems to happen to me mostly right around dusk, but it flickers and it's annoying.

9. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I only rarely use ddu but I do use it if I have an issue that to me what it's for rather than every time. Remember I said me :) .

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    QuakeChampions can crash to desktop by both R416_27-xx, 416.34 and 416.30quadro.

416.16 is from a different sub r146_10-4 and it played fine. 411.xx was also CTD'ing, only older e.g. 399.24 were ok.

I posted my game settings before, nothing changed still playing on the same settings. Now I lowered effects details to high and shadows to high for extra fps boost in heavy close combat. That Temple - water level can be very gpu intense, @ 1620p I saw 70fps drops. Usually I'm at 100-120fps (ingame cap)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah looks more of a 980ti compatibility issue. Friend with 1070gtx doesn't have issues either.

Now I'm at 416.16 again, otherwise my no1 and newer would be 399.24.

AsiJu and Dynarush_333 like this.
  12. Finally yesterday I've do a clean install of Windows 10 RS5 and installed this driver version. Tried with Shadow of The Tomb Raider and everything runs smoothly without issues.
    The only thing is that it appears the Windows Game Bar at the launch of the game o_O

HARDRESET likes this.
  13. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Turn it off or disable it .

Deleted member 255716 likes this.
  14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Anyone noticed flickering in Far Cry 5 with these drivers? I haven't played the game for months and last time I did it was running flawlessly. Tonight I played some co-op with my nephew and noticed intermittent flickering. It is hard to explain it but sometimes it looked like screen tearing and other times it looked like the graphics outlines were jumping quickly left and right. I checked the G-SYNC settings and it is enabled for Fullscreen only plus V-Sync is enabled in the NVIDIA global profile with in-game V-Sync disabled.

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @Darren Hodgson The flickering issue is stated on the main changelog & the next driver will be fixed which @ManuelG himself mentioned earlier.

Regarding the G-Sync, I think there's something fishy & NVIDIA really messed up. (I don't own a G-Sync panel) so I can't say anything. By the way, I didn't hear any single issue yet from my friend's brother which using Predator XB271HU.

2400207-Shadow flicker in Far Cry 5 after the driver update

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Darren Hodgson likes this.

16. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    For me thankfully this driver fixed a rare Gsync issue where you would see green/red/blue lines across the whole screen for a fraction of a second.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    uh... everybody.

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    For my 980 Ti, finally updated from 399.24 to 416.34. Only benched three games before and after the update. Dirt Rally, Witcher 3, and Prey. No perf change.

Robbo9999 likes this.
  19. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    So no gimped? Good feedback.

20. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I had Meltdown/Spectre mitigations disabled though with the InSpectre tool, and I forgot to turn them back on, so I don't know if there is a perf difference when they're active. Someone around here mentioned that 4xx drivers are being "gimped" by Spectre mitigations.