The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Sure, I'll keep you updated. It's looking good so far. I've been able to get through sections of games that would instantly crash and I seem to be able to oc my memory now. You can always try switching the cables in the meantime. I'll let you know if I get any crashes.

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Is there any chart available with the various max power target from partner's board ?

3. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    After adjusting my pci connectors, I'm running stable (so far) at 2050mhz but it sometimes fluctuates to 2025 and 2040. Got a good +500mhz on the memory as well but I could have swore I saw an artifact or two on tomb raider so I might dial the memory back. Will test further later.

This is all with the power target set to 110% and leaving the voltage untouched.

4. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Temps stay in the 60s and maybe gets as high as 70-71 but the clock goes all a over the place. It will constantly switch back and forth between 2050 and 2040-2025. I have a pretty aggressive custom fan profile. Just like pascal, overclocking the core is a pain. I'd prioritize memory overclocks.

Geryboy likes this.
  5. daninthemix

daninthemix Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Some ppl on the NV forums are saying their BSODs go away if they revert to driver 411.70. Can anyone confirm? Again, I'm trying to avoid needlessly buying a new PSU.

EDIT: and interestingly 416 is where they added the RTX support.

6. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I'd strongly recommend using the 416.30 quadro drivers if you're on the 2080ti. Most stable I've used and best performing.

7. daninthemix

daninthemix Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Screw it, I've ordered a 1000w Titanium.

8. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    How so? I've yet to see a game that it doesn't.

9. daninthemix

daninthemix Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Here's the thing: if you wait for a card that can do 4k60 locked in everything, you'll be waiting for ever. Because whenever new cards come out (might be one year, might be two) there will be new, more demanding games and once again you probably won't see locked 4k60 on all those new games all the time. And even if you do, the following month a new game will come that pushes things a bit further and boom, you no longer get 4k60.

If you haven't already, just get G-sync and then locked 60 no longer matters.

Witcher29 and Geryboy like this.
  10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, it definitely dips below 60 FPS in some games @ 4K but it is never noticeable to the point of being unacceptable.

I've been playing ACO for days now and in places like Athens (when there are a lot of NPCs etc) it does go below 60 FPS but that is a specific situation and as I said, it isn't so far below that I start crying in my drink.

I think a lot of people are trying to justify the fact that they aren't buying them based on whatever potential 'negatives' they can come up with.

They are great cards, the only real downside is the price but you pay to play, am I right :p

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Maddness and tensai28 like this.
  11. daninthemix

daninthemix Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This is exactly right - they post long justifications as to why the cards aren't worth buying, but really they're only trying to convince themselves, not us.

12. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    To be fair quantum break is a mess on pc and so is every assassins creed title that has ever came out for as long as I can remember. I don't think anything would run those games at 4k maxed for a very long time. I do however own shadow of the tomb raider and by simply turning contact shadows off (makes hardly any difference to me) using smaa, level of detail on high (mainly because of my 6600k -once again; not much difference unless you spend the whole game looking into the distance like you're trying to take an eye exam), I keep 60fps 100% of the time. Doing this is hardly noticable and looks almost identical to max settings. I can say for sure it looks amazing and it's performing much better than my 1080ti did.

I've been maxing everything else out perfectly as well. Mirrors edge catalyst, one of more visually demanding titles, is playing maxed on hyper settings with memory restriction disabled. It's visually stunning in 4k and not ever droping below 60fps. Never thought I would be able to see that on a single card. Shadow of the tomb raider is just a really demanding game but with a 2% reduction in visual quality settings, you can keep a solid 60fps on a reasonably clocked 2080ti (in my case with the msi trio, out of the box clocks). I don't have any reason to complain about that and would take that over my 1080ti any day.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    This. GSync monitor was the best purchase I've made in a long time. People complain about the price of those too but if you're considering a card in this range I wouldn't think it would be a huge issue.

pharma and Geryboy like this.
  14. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Just beat my highest score on superposition 4k.
    [​IMG]
    94fps avg and a max temp of 61c as you can see on there.

BangTail and pharma like this.
  15. RainyMirror

RainyMirror Guest

GPU:
    PNY 2080Ti XLR8
    Amazon just confirmed shipping for next week! Finally!!

16. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I dunno if this has be covered, but do the RTX 2080 Ti Boost Clock go higher than 1650MHz? I tried a few games and the max GPU core clock reading from GPU-Z had me kinda confused. for example, the two below:
    Gears of War Ultimate PC, after playing the game for 15 mins or so
    [​IMG]

This is with Just Cause 2 benchmark...maxed out with GPU Water simulation
    [​IMG]

The GPU Core Clock reading is the one that confuses me, is GPU-Z reading it wrong, or do the RTX boost core clock higher than stated (1650MHz)?

17. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Ah, gotcha! Thanks for clarifying this, when I had the 2x GTX Titan 6GB, I didn't bother with monitoring the cards with GPU-Z, hence my noobishness.

18. daninthemix

daninthemix Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    OK, new 1000w Titanium PSU is installed, with 3 fat cables running to the 2080Ti Trio. Now for the testing. So far, 2 hours of Crysis 3 4k max settings and no issues yet.

BangTail likes this.
  19. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    The problem is that when the next-gen games come along the 2080 Ti will regularly go below 60 (4K gamers will then have to tone down setting more, bringing them right back to the situation with the 1080 Ti). Paying $1200 for a card that can just barely keep up with current games is not a good buy - when I shell out that kind of money I want a card that lasts for years.

Solfaur likes this.
  20. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Finally!! Amazon sent me an email with a shipping estimate of next Tuesday!! I should have my MSI 2080 Ti in hand by Wednesday next week.

Geryboy, fantaskarsef and BangTail like this.
  21. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Nice, seems like they are slowly trickling in now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.