Reviews: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (MSI Armor & ASUS Turbo)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 16, 2018.

1. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    At EVGA ,B STOCK $629.00 1080ti now.

chispy likes this.
  2. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Nvidia will not loose if some of you dont buy Rtx 2070-2080.Because you will buy Gtx 1080 or Gtx 1080 TI.
    They push big price for this new gen because they need to lower the stock of Pascal gpus at small price than Rtx,Soon™. :)

Rtx 2070 appears more like a twin brother of Gtx 1080 on some steroids,nothing more.

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah i saw that :) , also a few days ago there was a 1080Ti at ebay that sold for $548US , it people look hard enough and take the propper time to search there are great prices going on right now for the gtx1080 and 1080Ti.

tunejunky and SplashDown like this.
  4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's gonna be as simple as this guys, this isn't up for discussion. Anymore talk of this will result in points.

5. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
  6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Reviews are exactly for that, discussion.

For people to compare multiple products to determine what to buy.

That's like a review website reviewing a mercedes with comparisons to BMW but the reviewer says discussion about the comparable BMW is not allowed.

To recap, RX vega is in this review, so it's entitled to be discussed on because it's being compared to said product.
    All reviewers are comparing vega64 because it's the only product in their lineup that is comparable in price and performance.

So I don't understand this nonsense about comparing to vega64 being 'trolling'.

HARDRESET likes this.
  7. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I don't understand why people can't listen? It's not a suggestion.

When it is said by the same person 3 times in 1 topic, that's when it's becoming trolling.

Again, this topic replying about it is done.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    3 times by the same person?

I read this whole thread, I don't see 3 posts by the same person, let alone 3 posts of the guy you said was trolling.
    Maybe his previous history is 'trolling' but there are no trolls in this thread.

Everything mentioned have been good points.
    Reviewers are all comparing RX2070 vs GTX1080 and Vega64.

Why? Because they are all in the same price point and within the same performance bracket.

Of course people as potential buyers are going to discuss the relevant information about these 3 products that are directly comparable.

No disrespect, but sometimes your moderation doesn't make sense.
    I get when discussions get out of hand(flaming, disrespecting each other, etc), but you can't block all discussion about a whole product when said product is a part of the review.

You might as well omit all 1080 discussion too because the same principle applies or tell Hilbert to not include vega64 in his reviews.

If for some reason you have past 'trolling' history with the 'same person' then I would have went along the lines "Hey, don't turn this into a flaming thread, keep it civil with relevant discussion" to said person.
    Not flat out saying no amd discussion for everybody else.

I'm done with this subject but hopefully you will take this in mind for future reviews.

HARDRESET likes this.
  9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    In my country Vega 64 is 90 eur more expensive than 1080 gtx. Why?

And with 110 eur more you get 1080ti. Why?

Reality is simple as that, no one can destroy logic.

If you do not have the need for freesync monitor, is idiotic fanboyism or fanatiscm to throw money at Amd in their current state. I like them I have a whole AMD system but it is a no. No. Not this time, not this round.

Prices need to be lowered unless they clearly overprice their inferior product for the shake of cheaper monitors.

That is my sincere trolling. Like it or ignore it, you cannot moderate the honest truth. I just comment the obvious.

They are still losing wholly price/performance/power consuming ratio and I do not see an answer, as they are unable to provide a new gpu, price cut is the only way.

If I needed a gpu right now, I would buy an RTX 2070. It beats a whole rival's company roster and it is just an upper mid to lower high end gpu class. Savage beating.

10. devastator

devastator Master Guru

GPU:
    rx7900xt sapphire
    i just preorder a msi armour rtx 2070 not in stock at overclockers u think its worth the upgrade??

11. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You are missing the point entirely. It's not the fact it was mentioned, it was the fact it was mentioned 3 times saying it over and over. I'm not saying you can't have a discussion on the value of it, but if you're going to post it 3 times and no one is going to respond then stop taking up the space. It's doing nothing but raising post counts.

Final warning though, if you want to talk about value of the 2070 vs Vega 64 that's fine, but on this subject when I or any other staff member say to cut the conversation, you cut it.

12. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    You consider 530 euro just for the gpu "tight" budget ?!!! I guess my budget is then super duper double tight since i always aim at the 200-300 category i remember i got my 770 324 euro and i think it was the most expensive card i brought to this day!... and yes the 70 where always on a touch distance ...now they just sprinted out way ahead!

AlmondMan likes this.
  13. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    That's what sold me on the Gigabyte oc 1080ti 11 gigs vram vs 8 and of course the price for both 2080 and 2070.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    tunejunky likes this.
  14. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    XX70 cards used to be priced at $/EUR 350-380. This is a total ripoff. Also, it's a shame that people consider this a normal price point for a upper mid card. Bloody worthless miners!

Fender178 and chispy like this.
  15. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Sorry not going to happen , even if a 2070ti came out ,it would castrate the 2080 .

16. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Heh yea, I was thinking the same. x70 series for a tight budget must mean you're skimping out on everything else and leaving yourself massively CPU bottlenecked... I would even say that the 2-300$ range is high when you're considering a tight budget, going for a '60' Geforce or the equivalent Radeon is what I'd consider putting extra money in to the budget just to reach above the x50 style cards. Those always felt a bit weak to me.

Too bad the Radeon Vega cards are still so expensive. I guess the mining craze is still affecting them or they just never got to be produced in the kind of numbers that would make them reasonable. The Vega 56 seemed like a nice card if it would ever have hit its MSRP... but it's still just sitting at way too high prices. Even here in expensive Denmark Vega 56 is more expensive than a GTX 1080... so those are dead.
    The 2070 LOOKS good, but the price is just a little too high. When you're looking at shelling out that amount of money for a card, then you might as well go for a 1080 Ti instead. Or a 1080 and maybe save some money. The performance will be more or less the same.

No... not really. I mean, you'll be super happy with the performance no doubt. I'd install one right away if I got it for free. But I wouldn't pay for it. GPUs are just way too expensive now a days for the value they provide.

Venix likes this.
  17. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Either that , or he has 1500-2000 budget for the whole thing and considering it "tight" !

18. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Prices for the 2070 in Portugal have finally appeared, around 530€ for the Asus and MSI cards tested by Hilbert. The Vega64 costs around 560€ with a free game and the 1080 starts at around 500€...
    Conclusion: too expensive!

19. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Problem is the cost for the HBM memory that drives Vega prices. Because of that alone, AMD can't really afford to sell them any lower, so $500 maybe the MSRP but AIB partners want to make a profit too. Now I'm sure they get them cheaper than that, but partners and shops can raise prices up.

That being said, the only advantage you have is freesync. So yeah you might not have to pay as much for a gsync monitor, but you have the actual cost of the vega card that can be considered a "freesync tax" if you will.

Fender178 likes this.
  20. PolishRenegade

PolishRenegade Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Pulled the trigger on a 2070.

Total cost; 770$ vs (750$ for 1080, 1000$ for 1080TI, 1150$ for 2080).

And people keep forgetting VRLink in the plus value (if you like VR).

Well worth it.