Battlefield V - The Official Single Player Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Ok, didn't know you had more insight than a retired lieutenant colonel. What is your background?

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    So, how many times you were in shooting encounter and prevented your fellow soldiers from eliminating enemy?

That enemy in trailer would likely be someone who would kill someone in company moments/hours/days later. If that someone who pulled his gun down was his superior officer, then it is someone to be removed. Because role of superior officer is to ensure his squad/company/... fights as efficiently as possible. You may have hesitating soldier, but officers... if they are not able to fulfill their role, they put in danger all men serving under them.

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Kinda made my point for me.

This is a video game. This is not real life.

Yet, with all of the work that goes into realistic this and realistic that, and actually basing it on an actual war that actually took place...why go so far to make it unrealistic?

At least with BF3 we had a fictitious enemy sprouting comic-book villain dialogue in a fictitious location.

Meh, I suppose this game is meant for people who actually think the USA deciphered the enigma machine, as the film 'U571' would have us believe...

BangTail and Fox2232 like this.
  4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I wouldn't know, I haven't been to war. I don't think applying rationale to an irrational situation works here.
    The data speaks for itself. You're free to not believe in it of course. You're free to defend your claim with data as well.