Battlefield V - The Official Single Player Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Electronic Arts has released the official single-player trailer for Battlefield 5. In Nordlys, players will resist German occupation in Norway, sabotage behind enemy lines as an unlikely English soldi...

Battlefield V - The Official Single Player Trailer

2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Loving the Youtube comments lol

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    So SP will be very similar to CoD 2. Unfortunately not dark enough, but much more black. Much less WWII. Too many lens flares... I think I am going to skip.

Mysteryboi likes this.
  4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    SP mode on a Battlefield game should go back to it's roots. An offline mode that was similar to playing it online, not some scripted campaign. No one cares about yet another forgettable, linear SP campaign. People still play the original games to this day. In 8-10 years, no one will be playing BF5, or BF4, or BF3, but there will likely be some BF1942 and BF2 based games still active.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    American Civil War.
    No, super fast action BS. No huge shiny explosions everywhere. No tons of grenades. No Behemoths.
    Just skill. Aim and shoot. Huge Smoke cloud. Missed? (You'll know in few seconds as cloud moves with the wind elsewhere.) Your Bad, now hide & reload or run. Or charge with bayonet if you think it is good idea.
    Cannons, Yes, those big things which take time to load and have heavy, but relatively slow moving balls.
    Revolvers.
    They can keep those J.J. and M.B. effects for kids. I want experience, not superficial stuff.

KissSh0t likes this.
  6. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    as long as I can fight russians I'm happy

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Considering the time period wouldn't it be Soviets?

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Cuckfield V.

Place your bets:

1) The SP campaign will feature a female soldier making out with an African soldier.
    2) The SP campaign will feature a female soldier making out with another female soldier.
    3) The SP campaign will feature a female soldier saving (or being saved by) another female soldier from rape/sexual misconduct, who then make out later on in the mission.
    4) The SP campaign will feature unrequited love from a male soldier on a female soldier, who then has a tank/plane/nuclear bomb dropped on them.
    5) The SP campaign has a tone of very general sexual tension between genders, but doesn't have any 'scenes', because...subtext wins over intent.
    6) The SP campaign will have, at the end of every mission 'unnecessarily long loading screens' monochromatic photos/mock-ups of females characters, complete with 'inspirational' quotes.

Now, I know I'm joking...but in this day and age of craziness, and total lack of historical accuracy, anything is possible from a games studio, for fear of getting 'labeled', and thus: losing share price.

It's all about the money...

Fox2232 and Mysteryboi like this.
  9. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    The IEWS strike again making it more and more obvious

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I bet on 1), 3), 6)
    And brace yourself for cringy text, speech every time you die.

Even trailer did show big historical inaccuracy. I loved Band of Brothers for being accurate. But this BF trailer where Black soldier has clear shot and hesitates, then another stops him from shooting...
    They were either not trained or it is big no-no as it is historically inaccurate. One thing US learned and changed since WW1 is training where soldiers shoot at human shaped targets.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    fantaskarsef likes this.

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yeah because the previous BF games have been nothing but historically accurate. In fact, I remember reading books about soldiers riding into battle on horses with flamethrowers on their back eliminating anything that got in their way. Or maybe jumping out of a plane and hijacking another mid air.

Enough with this historically accurate nonsense. If games were made to be historically accurate they would be so boring that nobody would play them.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Loved Band of Brothers too, have a like there.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Looks boring. No Soviets?

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Probably like with BF1: future (this time free) DLC releases?

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The Reds will be the stars of Battlefield : Ultimate Team mode :D

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    From the description it doesn't seem to touch any areas occupied by the Sovjets no. Perhaps the Tiger 1 unit fights against them.

lucidus likes this.
  17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    0:27 - 0:39 plays out like a rise of the tomb raider definitive edition trailer ... complete with a new face :D

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    It's not a huge leap. Drafted soldiers are different animals than career soldiers. I could see why someone wouldn't shoot a wounded soldier. He is armed however so it seems a little far-fetched I guess.

Have a read, it's really interesting:
    http://www.milsf.com/psychology-of-killing/

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I know quite a thing about it. Someone touching my rifle while I am aiming at armed enemy soldier get Buttstroked. Then I take aim and shoot. He tries something else, he is hostile combatant => dead.

You can try to touch police officer gun while he is performing his duty...

And they are misinforming... During American Civil War it was not 15~25% who shoot to kill, it was much worse. And during WWII US had proper training and most of their troop actually shot to kill. Units which did not shoot to kill quickly lost its combat strength. And only killers were left (or cowards hiding).

20. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Yawn...wait for deep discount about $5-10 bucks for base and free DLC, Same to BF1 give DLC free recently.