Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.5.1 release (overclocking DRAM on AM4)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by 1usmus, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Also my rams are single Rank, just a total of 8 rams ab350 motherboard rams set on A1 B2 and thanks to this calculator i managed to get 3200mhz without any errors on Aida Extreme 64 stability test after 45 minut, before i couldnt able to pass the test after 7 minuts. so thanks to @1usmus for this Dram calculator

2. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Good to hear, but I hope you mean A2 B2 and not A1 B2 ?

3. Yeah I made a mistakes A2 B2 like always, the rams are well seated.

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Here from Usmus1 Gaming bench at 4min :cool:
    For my system when i get 3600 CL14 32GB [4x8] it will give me ~10-18FPS on average in any game.

Deleted member 213629 and chispy like this.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I couldn't get it to post with fast settings, same MHz.
    Are there any of the settings that are known to cause issues?

6. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    If the tool tells you to set tRFC (or some other value in this corner) to some value with a dot (example: 345.7) but you are unable to set a dotted value in BIOS, what should I choose? 345 or 346 (example)? Round like "standard math"? .1 to .5 = lower value, .6 to .9 = higher value?

EDIT: @1usmus : Can you answer this? I fiddled around with them and when on high clocks (running 3200MHz RAM at 3500+) it seems I cannot get ANYTHING to post, regardless of what I choose (more voltage, lower timings), so probably this has got an impact on it. (Otherwise I simply cannot go beyond 3466MHz on this setup)

Would be nice to hear something from you. ;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  7. Öhr

Öhr Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700XT @ H₂O
    Just tested 1.4.0 and my Hynix Chips "H5AN8G8NCFR-TFC" are not avaiable, only MFR, MFR and CJR. What to do?

8. Mr_M_Cox

Mr_M_Cox Guest

GPU:
    RX580
    Hi,

Firstly thanks for the tool, its great.

On problem, it doesn't list my RAM type in the tool - I, unfortunately, have Hynix M-Die. Which type would be best for me to go for?

Thanks

9. dado82rm

dado82rm Guest

GPU:
    Asus Turbo 1070
    Hi 1Usmus i appreciate your post to help people so here i am
    i have this system:
    Msi x470 Gaming Pro https://www.msi.com/pdf/presale_v2/X470-GAMING-PRO
    Amd ryzen 5 2600X
    Corsair CX550 PSU

I am trying to get it work at least at stock 3200Mhz but if i use the xmp profile i have some issues
    at the moment i managed to use this settings but when i use the TM5 to check stability i amgetting errors
    i am struggling to understand the step by step diagram that you gently added on your tool.
    can you help me on how to troubleshoot what to do first and then what next etc etc
    [​IMG]

Sorry forgot to add link of images I am not at home now will update tomorow

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  12. 1usmus

1usmus AMD Memory Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    sometimes this number needs to be rounded up I recommend trying both variants

CFR = CJR
    show screenshot , please

1) you have disabled RTT park, this is very bad
    2) did you use preset v2 for samsung memory?

ahaha , nice :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    OnnA likes this.
  13. eraser3000

eraser3000 Guest

GPU:
    1060/6 GS
    I've found my part number to be "H5AN8G8N?FR-UHC", it seems i have a special ram with die-identity crisis:D

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Here my new RAM Tweak (VLLT w/GD)
    So far is Stable, now it's my Default.

It is really UFO Fast :D

Car/HyperCar/Jet/SpaceCraft/UFO

[​IMG]

15. DTF

DTF Guest

GPU:
    AMD RYZEN 5
    I hope that someone can help me to find out data of my system. For AMD RYZEN 5 2400G should I choose Ryzen 1 gen or Ryzen + gen?

Memory module is G skill Aegis F4-2400C15S-8GIS. From taipoon burner I can read that Hynix is manufacturer and that it is 8 Gb A-die (21 nm)/1 die. But I do not not which option should I choose in calculator. Under Hynix there is a three options: MFR, AFR or CJR. So which one should i choose for my module.

16. Myzrael

Myzrael Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti Phoenix GS
    Thank you 1usmus for this awesome tool :) i wanted to know what is the highest safe 24/7 voltage for a b-die kit like mine (g.skill flare x 3200 cl14). currently i'm at 3333 with fast preset at 1.36v, i think i can reach 3400 or even 3466, is 1.4v safe for daily use? thank you

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  18. Dragonstongue

Dragonstongue Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3 OC
    Ryzen 2200/2400 (Raven Ridge) as well as generation 2 Pinnacle Ridge (such as Ryzen 2700x and all other 2xxx are Ryzen + generation
    (AMD did not make Ryzen APU before these otherwise they would have used the 1xxx numbering denoting generation 1 Ryzen)

Ryzen generation one was Summit Ridge (such as 1800x)

it is a "bit easier" to know because all Ryzen + are 12nm based (2xxx) where all Ryzen gen 1 are 14nm (1xxx) (not that most would ask such or really need to know this)

Not that you asked but EPYC are completely their own unique numbering (31xx to 34xx and 73xx to 76xx currently are all gen 1)

---------------------
    ---------

I wish AMD would have called them differently. If they call generation 3, Ryzen 2 3200g (as an example) it will just get confusing for nothing, hopefully they keep it "simple" and not use anything but the model number (which they should have done from the start) + or 14nm or 12nm etc means not much of anything, we buy the model number, the less they "confuse" model numbers/information the better (make me wonder where their marketers went to school).

This goes double for graphics cards, enough of (example) RX560 (which was 16CU 1024 shader) then they did the 14CU (cut down slower 896 shader for same price if not more the hell is that)
    now they have done the RX 580 2048 shader (basically mixing and matching an RX 570 with RX 580).

Keep it simple AMD stop pulling an "Nvidia" way of doing things, make a "new" number if it is less than the more potent one, or a larger number if more potent than the weaker one.

RX 580 2048 "could have" called RX 571 as an example (just a spit ball faster than RX 570 at best)
    RX 560 14CU "could have" called RX 553 (as an example) so one sees "at a glance" it is "weaker" or "more powerful" so AIB or sellers don't "forget" to list the specs and upset a customer for nothing.

19. diegoweb

diegoweb New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP EXTREM
    Hey guys!

I have 4 DRAM modules. When I first bought them Taiphoon used to say all of them were Samsung Modules, two of them being rank #2 and the other two rank #1 (Samsung B-Die).
    Now I'm using the latest Taiphoon and it's showing Micron and Hynix. Since they are "completly" different, how could I use this tool to achieve a good dram overclock?

Just a background: I'm using Ryzen 1700 + Taichi X370. In the first BIOS version I used to be able to overclock using "XMP Profile" of 3066 MHz.
    Now I've flashed the latest 5.10 BIOS (AGESA 1.0.0.6) and I'm unable to overclocking these sticks.
    I'm considering doing it manually using this calculator, is it possible?

Thanks!

2 are Micron (module #1 and module #2)
    [​IMG]
    2 are Micron (module #3 and module #4)
    [​IMG]

PS: I bought them in Amazon. Both kits were at the same link, but since they were sold as different kits, each kit is different from the other =/. I will never again do this mistake, next time I will buy as many sticks as I need but as 1 kit only, to make sure all of them will be the same.

20. Maynardcrow

Maynardcrow Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    I have a question. I have trident z 3600 18-22-22-42 ryzen version ram with a ryzen 1600 on a x370f strix board. Its has hynix CJR single rank. It wont run at 3600 but i can get it to run at 3400 16-18-18-18-36. I want to tighten up timing but the dram calculator seems off. Safe timing it want me to put in 14-15-16-17-28 at 1.35. Before i try it does this even seem possible with hynix cjr. these seem like b-die type timings

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019