Microsoft can recover lost files Windows 10 October 2018 Update - But You Need To Call Them

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 9, 2018.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Get Pro and defer feature updates by 365 Days, problem solved.

By the time you're forced to update all bugs are fixed.

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm sorry you don't understand the definition of trolling.

Is it a microsoft problem that this specific issue happened? Sure, as much as it's any software companies problems that this kind of thing always happens.

But it's a people problem when they specifically and only ever blame microsoft for having problematic patches and OS's, since every company out there has problems like this.

I never stated it was an individuals problem that they lost their files, if that's what you read out of what i posted, from what i replied to, you're inserting your own agenda into my post, there's nothing i can do for that.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    why exactly does one have to call them to get files back? obviously the files are still on the drive if the can be recovered, what rather tie up there support lines for this when a programs could be released to do it?

MS EULU says if there OS deletes our files it not there fault but end users? are fracking me? OS did it but it the end users fault? I cant not see how such thing would hold up in court if brought there.

The updates are mostly forced and mandatory and people that are home are really dont have much choose in the updates, so the update is forced by MS and there update delete personal information that was suppposed to be save if it was "upgrade" that keeps files and it deletes said files I fail to see how that users fault or how any court would see that as user fault

Sort of personal keeping the system off the internet which no person will probably do. and apparntly MS has been re enabling WU on systems where people actual disable the services and forcing said updates.

I'm sorry but if some has know how to do this and disable the serives for updates to avoid said issue, and MS is renabling said services and then forcing updates and delete personal files, it MS fault not the end users

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    An email I just got....

[​IMG]

KissSh0t likes this.

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Are they for real?

-Tj- likes this.
  6. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  7. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Everything from M$ is Beta. We are their guinea pigs!!

8. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
  9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Care to elaborate? Are you saying Windows created new user folders that then appeared to be empty while the old ones were still around? How was Onedrive the problem? Was it the cause? Was it the lack of Onedrive?

10. Yeah it's funny you should bring this up - the MSP I work at had two affected machines at our site. I was browsing this thread then went into work and was like "Wait one minute what the fu.... I know this!"

11. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
  12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  13. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    No need for opening a new thread for an already known problem.
    Yesterday at work I discovered that the downloads folder was empty, There were tons of Excel files, and lots and lots f documents bank statements, the works.
    Just before somebody started to scream in agony I checked the backup I've made two days before, everything was there.
    Copy/Paste and have a good weekend everybody.
    Now, happened after the restart as the upgrade rolled in.
    As much as everyone will evangelize Windows 10 for me it is a bitter experience. Heck, even my rolling distro is more stable the this beta OS

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Nah, only a handful do that now, most have seen the light

lucidus likes this.
  15. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    yep...now examining the latter...sorry dude....:confused:

16. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I understand, but getting a copy of a free OS when it is freely given out in that time frame is legitimately free as an upgrade from a previous version.

I like to pay for my operating systems so as I get full customer support with any issues at all. Just call.MS and they take care of if all. Learned my lesson years ago after finding out OEM does not get full on support. Unless issues like this come.about from MS themselves.