MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Reset your RTSS config to defaults.

2. ultraex2003

ultraex2003 Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd 2x290 Cfx
    nothing change bro !! also i try clean install msi + rtss same problem very strange !!!
    only dx 11 mode is ok

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Try better, sorry.

4. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    I have absolutely no security programs, defender is disabled. I run an extremely minimalistic system with very little installed and many services CAREFULLY disabled. Only 37 idle processes, 750 threads, 1.1GB ram usage. The ONLY user process on startup is MSI AB. No third party services running, no driver software - just NVCP, and I made my best attempt by allowing everything I could in the security tab for that file. I do not understand what could be locking it, I even tried with explorer.exe killed. I'm very picky about processes, nothing is running (that is viewable in the processes tab in task manager) that could cause this.

I won't play dumb though, I can figure out how to trace what is locking it and I'll let you know when I find out. I've had this happen on at least 10 systems so far from 1607 ltsb to 1803. Possibly on 7 and 8.1 but I honestly can't remember. I barely ever see them these days.

5. HULK1988

HULK1988 Guest

GPU:
    Phoenix GS 2080 TI
    Hello Unwinder,

I am new in this Forum but using Afterburner since years. First I want to thank for everything. I am loving this tool.

And now the reason why I registered here.

Is it possible to make the slider bigger for the Memory in the next Version,please? Since many 2080 TI cards can perform over 8000MHz. I installed X1 to get my 8200MHz. But I do not want to use X1.

Thank you and have a nice day.

peppercute and eGGroLLiO like this.
  6. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    I love Afterburner too! Let's all show Unwinder some appreciation!

7. Unwinder

Investigated it deeper, the reason is that NV dropped support for legacy NVENC API (v4 and older) in release 416 drivers. I relied on it to keep backward compatibility with each previously available driver version supporting NVENC. I'll recompile it under newer NVENC API headers to make it work with release 416, but as a side effect NVENC will no longer be supported on pre-release 340 drivers.

Astyanax, knuckles84 and ZAMHome like this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Some claims that OSD is not working on 1809+416.16 but work on 1809+411

I'd not be surprised if this is another driver model update breaking things =_=

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  9. Unwinder

Those "some" people are mistaking. And that's absolutely traditional to see such claims with each and any OS upgrade.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yeah, its working for me no issues.

eGGroLLiO likes this.

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    no issue here with 1809 + 416.16.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    alright OC scanner works nicely with my new 2080ti which runs on GALAX bios that allows 126% power limit (the GPU is Palit gaming pro OC )

one thing to note though , my unit doesn't like memory OC at all

13. Hieu_Arbiter

Hieu_Arbiter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060/6GB
    About Scanline sync, I have 2 monitors, the first one has resolutions 4K@60Hz and the last one has 1080p@120Hz so what are the right values I should use for both monitors?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the I use 2 resolutions 1440p and 2160p on the 4K monitor...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  14. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Use a negative value. Start at -1 and then further decrease the value until the tearline disappears above the top of the screen.

15. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    @Unwinder Hi, I have an issue with the latest MSI Afterburner (4.6.0 Beta 9) and RTSS (7.2.0 beta 5), Vulkan applications show a black screen when the overlay is enabled. The apps are running and you can hear the sound, but the screen is black and the overlay shows on top. If I disable the overlay, but keep app detection level in the default value they work fine. It happens in the Dolphin and RPCS3 emulators using the Vulkan renderer, haven't tested any Vulkan games because I don't own one. I hope you can check this and thanks in advance.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Don't use the overlay with these emulators

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/o...opengl-is-fine-other-vulkan-apps-fine.419101/

"The tools themselves should be able to provide this if they install layers properly and dont try hooking the vulkan1.dll since we dont use it. We use vkstatic instead which is why I'm guessing these apps dont work with rpcs3."

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  17. Hieu_Arbiter

Hieu_Arbiter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060/6GB
    Do I need to reset the game everytime I change the value? Or just Alt+Tab and change it?

18. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    Apparently the issue there was fixed by this PR, where RPCS3 devs implemented dynamic linking of Vulkan libraries: https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/4639
    So I don't think this is the same issue, since Dolphin is also not working. The issue I'm having is that RTSS is hooking into the emulators and it's showing the overlay, but the image behind it is black. I also tested PPSSPP, one of the emulators that worked with RTSS according to that post, and it's presenting the same problem.

19. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    So I'm trying out all of this scanline and syncflush stuff in Diablo 3 and I can't figure it out. I've tried SyncFlush in the [Framerate] section of the game profile with a setting of 0, 1, or 2 but they all either tear a little or a ton. I've also messed with scanline sync -1 through -20 in single steps. What happens is I can get the tearing to go away in town, but once any kind of action starts the tearing comes back. Vsync is off in driver settings and in game, am I missing something? The game is DX11 BTW.

20. Unwinder

It is specific to mobile GPU driver implementation and I cannot help with that, sorry. It is unsupported platform.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/black-screen-with-vulkan.422687/