Microsoft resolves issue with Windows 10 disappearing files

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    With the current windows team.... would not surprise me at all

2. Stairmand

Stairmand Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 Aorus Maste
    Had 1 customer that has lost files, used Kroll recovery and all sorted. It's a pretty insane bug, Microsoft should have problems like this covered.

3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Seems like it to me that the number that MS gave is worthless. And MS advises us to use our PC as little as possible. HOW ABOUT NO!!!. How about you fix your god damn software you incompetent jackasses. Or stick with 1803 until 1809 is functioning properly.
    Let's say something did happen and you lost your files? How would you feel? You would felt the same as those you lost their files I am sure of it. No it's not overblown some of those people might have been part of businesses and Businesses are a huge part of MS.

4. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Ventus 3X
    Well sometime you just have to upgrade to Windows 10 if you upgrade to the newer processors. I have been using Windows 10 for two years now and never have any issue with all of my machines but this is rather dumb on Microsoft side to allow such a bug to show up on the final build.

I have just purchased a i7 8700k and a Z370 board and was going to upgrade my current i7 6700k but now I'm going to wait a bit and make sure the fix is applied to the 1809 installer before I reinstall Windows.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That's nice, how is that related to this Windows 10 thread about missing files?

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Gotcha, thought it was just a "look at me" post bragging about how great Win 7 is

austin865a likes this.
  7. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    +1 I'll give you an example, my mother not that young would not even understand the concept of multiple drives, it's already a panic attack when antivirus updates pop-up "omg what is this what should I do ?"

(win7 user here but "IF" I upgrade to one of the new i9 I'l be forced to go win10 as there is no hardware support for win7, not like I haven't tried I swapped OS a good 20x I just never last more than 1 week with 10 lol)

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ah so I was right.. spidey senses were tingling

Back on topic ;)

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah Windows 7 is great but it is getting long in the tooth.

10. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Actually you don't have to use Win10 for newer cpu's, there is a workaround out there and works fine I'm using. If your talking about security updates to newer cpu's. If they made 10 like 7 where you can control and set it up like you want, no forced updates ect, ect. I would be using 10 right now but it's been nothing but pain in my azz on my tv stream machine. I'm not using just because it's Win10.

11. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Windows 10 in my view, appears to be a creation of amateurs and poorly trained (inexperienced) engineers. I imagine the developers being very self congratulatory - "high fiving" each other every time a new "roll out" occurs. My ONLY personal draw to the OS, was the DirectX 12 API, and I have suffered a lot just to enjoy that!

carnivore, KissSh0t and austin865a like this.
  12. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    Anyone else getting a lot of WINDOWS 7 updates the last few weeks? How do I know if it's one of those SPECTRE patches I don't want my Phenom X965BE 4.3GHZ to slow down which I heard matters on weaker CPU's. I mean these patches are huge I held off on one it was like 238MB Security patch and other ones like FRAME WORK etc but those are only 63.8MB and the other 7.9MB.

13. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    My update went super smoothly and I had all these new superb features in no time. I'm very pleased.

14. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Ventus 3X
    I did read something about a way to trick Windows 7 to perform update for the newer processors setup but I have gotten used to Windows 10 so I don't really plan to go back to 7.... thanks for the info.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    No need to imagine, just visit their twitter pages.

16. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    So my dad lost everything and we called the number in the link Hilbert provided but it was a phone loop. What do we do?

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Try this program

https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva/download

18. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    DO NOT DO ANYTHING.

The moment you try to mess with files and try to recover by yourself, M$ might not be responsible for recovering your files anymore!! You only might mess things up if you dont know what you doing.
    Keep finding numbers to reach M$, create support ticket on web, make M$ to fix this issue which they responsible for.

19. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    If anyone knows a specific line please let me know. The line that's provided here seems like a generic line where they are not aware of anything.

20. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Did you try https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/