[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS5 - BUILD 17763.107 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 20, 2018.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Seriously ... what a useless patch Tuesday this turned out to be. What about task manager and file associations?! I guess they'll drop a bigger patch sometime this month when they feel like it. I hope to read that the windows team got "patched" soon enough. I'm sick of these donkeys making a mess of things. Why don't they all go to Facebook or whatever and ruin a company idgaf about lol.

Extraordinary likes this.
  2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Easy... Task Manager reporting CPU usage is higher than actual. At idle it was reporting 10-14% usage, where another application Process lasso reported 5%. With a load TM's reports get even more erratic. It's a known issue already reported and fixed in a Fast Ring build. Just awaiting to be applied to RS5.

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    RS5 Groundhog Day Edition.

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Why? It will be updated to .55 now for all of us anyway.

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Because if you use the original ISO, you can still lose your data if you upgrade install... .17 will have the fix in place. Duh.

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Riiiight. It's not like you can just move the data somewhere during the upgrade since you know about the issue. That's clearly not suitable for the average minds. Guess you'll have to wait further then!

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I've had onedrive causing a taskbar flicker if you opened properties of any file/folder or opened the file picker (ctrl o) since March. It seems to be finally fixed in the latest version of OD. It affected both LTSB 2016 and 2019 and it's fixed in both. Took 7 months but at last they fixed something :p

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So we have had our first cumulative update for Windows 10 v1809 from build 17763.1 to 17763.55 but yet Microsoft have *still* not fixed the task manager issues (the > icons that randomly appear and disappear on the left hand side of the Processes tab and the incorrectly reported CPU usage). Sure, neither of the two issues hinder the use of Windows in any way apart from being annoying and misinformative respectively but, surely, this is an issue that can be easily fixed since it did NOT exist in v1803 and earlier!!!

Sometimes I despair of Microsoft and their inability to fix obvious bugs for what seems like months (things that were previously working fine). I cannot say I am surprised though; they seem to focus on fixing obscure bugs that only affect a few people rather than ones that affect everyone like this task manager one.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Is it me or is Windows RG becoming more reality each day?

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah why not? I bet cortana can order food and crash on demand too lol.

AsiJu likes this.
  13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's just my combo of wallpapers or in version 17763 the automatic color selection of title bar based on the wallpaper has become to much dark on the "light" theme making some text hard to read? (eg: the title of the window is black instead of white when some dark colors are automatically chosen)

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I know about the task manager bug as it is hard to miss but what is the file associations bug you mention? Is it to do with Windows posting notifications about having to reset a particular association because I've certainly seen that a few times in this build and the previous one?

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    But you shouldn't have to. Which is the point. If you don't realize this, then you are indeed sad from a technical perspective.

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You shouldn't have to what? In any case you have to do something, and moving the data is likely an easier thing to do - can be done right now too.
    Try harder.

17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    So instead of waiting for an ISO with bugfix, you suggest to use the original ISO and do a full export of your profile, including Onedrive storage to work around a possible bug that may wipe your profile when you do an upgrade install. (Assuming you knew to do this, as many general users wouldn't think of it)

Apparently Microsoft does not approve of your assessment, and neither do I, and all the other people who reported the issue. Stop being a douche and accept the fact that you are blatantly wrong. And impatient.

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Your loss.

Go look into a mirror and repeat this.

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    ...looks at mirror and says "dr_rusless, stop being a douche." over and over

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, I can see that nothing will help you with this. Sorry.