Nvidia Control App in windows store

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by endbase, Oct 8, 2018.

1. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I get supported driver is not installed LOL

Susahamat and endbase like this.
  3. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Same here but I'm on windows 1809 it has been reported at the first link I gave so I keep it installed for now and see if a solution will come up

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  4. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Windows store.... UWP....
    Pass.

@as per the screenshots posted in the Microsoft Store, NVIDIA Control Panel doesn’t appear to be a native UWP app. The company has used Microsoft’s Desktop Bridge solution to bring their Win32 app to Microsoft Store.@

@Such a better, more streamlined approach to PC software@
    LOL.

cryohellinc and endbase like this.

5. Djavulen

Djavulen Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    I really don't see the point of the Control panel being in the store, it gets installed with a driver anyway. Maybe it has something to do with, what's it called.. Windows 10 in S mode or something, where you can only install software from the store. Although i guess that don't apply to drivers?

6. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    This could be a great solution to please the users who keep complaining about the old looking panel.
    They could give the UWP panel a modernized interface while keeping the classic panel included in the standard installation.
    Personally I prefer the classic panel, it's super functional and all the sections are accessible within 2-3 clicks and disappears completely from ram once you are done with it.

I have used the "stylish" panel offered by AMD in the past and it's super clunky with sections hiding other sections and slow animations, I hope Nvidia keeps the good old panel alive.

CaptaPraelium likes this.
  7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Probably done for WIn10 S users.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Win10 S isn't really a thing now, its just a mode that can be enabled on the OS.

9. Vindor

Vindor New Member

GPU:
    GTX 980
    On a german Blog about Windows 10 (https://www.deskmodder.de/blog/category/windows-10) somebody posted that GF Experience downloaded a driver in the C:\ProgramData folder that wont install, and uploaded the driver ("416.16-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql-g.exe"):

https://www.deskmodder.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=334&t=21100

I downloaded it, and indeed, on my PC it also wont to install, i tried the Installation over "setup.exe". But using the inf installation method (the correct inf is: „Display.Driver/nv_dispi.inf“) i was able to install the driver, and the NV Control App is working now.

endbase likes this.
  10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    endbase and kosta20071 like this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    such drivers are for Windows 10 in S mode and specific oem collabs.

12. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
  13. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    i wanted to give dch drivers a try but i cannot dowload the nvidia control app [​IMG]

14. dexterav

dexterav Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    still dont understand, why download DCH driver and after this download CPL from store :rolleyes:
    use normal drivers and no need crap from store and no trouble with store
    at the end its same
    or i missing something?

mbk1969 likes this.
  15. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    Courtesy of MoKiChU over at Nvidia's forum, do the following to install the latest Nvidia Control Panel for DCH drivers:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    All I had to do was install the DCH package, and when I rebooted, the OS grabbed the CPL by itself from Store.

17. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    the thing is it can't grab it from the store, the nvidia control panel is on my store app librabry but as you can see, it can be downloaded or redownloaded or whatever, i tried even using new store account and even going to the extreme and trying nordvpn because maybe is a country restriction , but no, so i think it's probably because i'm using windows 10 education

thanks I'm going to try
    PD: it worked thanks

true but sometimes people is very bored and just want to complicate their lives in their free times

And now that my curiosity is over, i can say, yes, dch drivers are just the same as the normal drives, just in case someone want's to know

The games i tested where monster hunter world, resident evil 2 and metro exodus, all the same performance in every scenario in both cards.

But i felt more smoothness in resident evil 2 and metro exodus in dx12 mode, but probably a placebo effect.

18. dexterav

dexterav Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    you think NV make two differnts driver? :)
    it very easy even for normal users deleting some part of driver
    and exactly this is DCH driver, some part missing and be offered separately
    maybe be better offering driver without telemetry like without CPL :D

19. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    As i clearly stated, i wanted to test not because i thought nvidia makes two different drivers, was because i had free time to do that, that's all, and by doing that, if someone out there is still asking if there is a real difference between drivers (because there is always one on the pinned drivers comments), i can answer with my own experience and confidence, that no there is absolute 0 difference.