Nvidia Geforce 416.16 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Oct 4, 2018.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    What game are you referring to? These are my Metro 2033 results.

2. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    My apologies, I kept changing my comment (making it more relevant) and forgot to mention DiRT Rally.

3. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    While I'm all for a good conspiracy (Nv gimping stuff), this driver, like 411.70, after updating to 1809, is slower in Firestrike vs 1804....but gameplay for me in Watch Dogs 2 with usual settings, is really smooth....in other words, the benchmark score is not indicative of gaming performance.

With Game Mode on or off...but with GM + Vsync Off is really smooth..Going to try with Vsync off and GM off as well, see how that combo performs.

So far no issues and oc is stable.

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    67.76fps in Dirt Rally benchmark. 1080p, 4xMSAA, max settings. I have no idea why but I can't access tinypic.com to post screenshots. Google Chrome has been updating like crazy in the last couple weeks, and I don't really trust it anymore.

RzrTrek likes this.

5. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
  6. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    You get that FPS on a 1066?
    I just tried standing in front of Keira's house looking into the forest, clear weather 9AM. All settings on ultra, 2xaa HW and I get ~40-45FPS (settings HW to 8xAA only costs like 2 frames in this scenario). Dropping Foliage Distance to High yields another 10-15FPS boost.
    I mean, I do run it on an FX-6300 CPU but is Witcher 3 really THAT much CPU intensive to have a difference of ~50FPS?
    And just running around I get pretty much the same FPS as I did on the older drivers and pre-October Windows update, so no magical FPS gains/losses worth mentioning, at least in Witcher 3.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  7. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    The gimping of previous generation nVidia gfx cards has been debunked by several top Youtube Tech sites and still people feel the need to spew this BS.

Show proof of said gimping or GTFO of here with false accusations.

cricket bones likes this.
  8. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Anyone else getting tons of crashing with shadow of the tomb raider using dx12?

CyberSparky likes this.
  9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well, so far I'm getting the exact same framerates on these as i was getting on 399.xx and 411.xx so no gimping detected, unfortunately for all the clickbaiters.

RzrTrek likes this.
  10. DxVinxGado

DxVinxGado Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090 Ti
    Yes, I turned off HDR in display settings and in-game and it ran fine.
    Couple of issues with this driver when combined with HDR@4K it seems. Hopefully a minor issue that will be fixed soon.

11. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Guys, do the move to 1809. Evidently, this update was the smoothest of all. Don't forget to keep your important files on a separate disk. Also, if you do like I do, it's gonna be the smoothest sail ever in case you want an ISO in USB and a clean installation. In the USB create a folder with all the latest drivers and do the installation disconnected from the Internet. Then do all the other adjustments and then reconnect.

By the way guys, Realtek created full functioning UAD drivers along with the UI. The whole package is a fraction in MBs in comparison to old HDA drivers. Wouldn't be great if Nvidia could create something like this. I understand Nvidia drivers ain't Realtek, but wishful thinking. 80MB drivers package with the entire UI.

In 1809 finally they added the option to disable preloading of edge components. Through GPEDIT. Look it up.

Edge is the most efficient browser, period. With the best Hardware Acceleration as well. Since I use only 2 extensions ( ublock and mouse gestures ), I find my self using Edge at least 80% of the time.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Well I would roughly estimate that's average especially in open world areas. Going into a crowded city it'll hang around 50-60fps give or take.

13. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    FireStrike graphics scores from my mobile gtx 1060 in my msi ge72vr 7rf
    rs4 and driver 411.70 - 13 466 :)
    rs5 and driver 416.16 - 13 330 :(
    Strange because CPU performance went up by around 2% in all benchmark including FireStrike physics so it is good and I was hoping that graphics score will go up by few points but this driver is not performing as good as previous. But maybe this is some Windows issue, maybe releted to 10MHz Windows timer?

overal gaming is very smooth across all games

14. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Also ran Firestrike and Timespy on defaults just for a test, latest drivers and October Update:
    FS: 1st run 12400, 2nd run 12800
    TS: 1st run 4000, 2nd run 4100
    More or less expected results I guess.

15. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Those options have been there for years
    Why sad face? That's well within margin of error. Nothing strange about those results.[/QUOTE]

16. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    In 2 Windows cumulative updates and 2 Nvidia drivers updates, I'm pretty confident things will be much smoother overall. It's all new, mate. Also the GPU score is exactly the same. 136 points below means totally nothing.

17. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    Yes, I installed this driver yesterday afternoon and I was unable to launch SOTTR in 4k DX12 HDR mGPU without crashing.

If I disabled HDR it might launch, it might crash, always with device removed error HDR or not. If it didn't crash immediately it would lock up and crash in the benchmark or menu. I didn't try disabling SLi though, to see if it was HDR or SLi causing it to crash. I just know I made it further into the game with HDR disabled lol.

After that I just went back to 411.70 and HDR 4k DX12 mGPU is almost perfect with the exception of light source flickering here an there. Played it for 4+ hours after that without issue.

18. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Game Mode off + Vsync off is really smooth, but Inspector 60fps cap + Adaptive Vsync is equally smooth with a lot less heat. :p Watch dogs 2 4k Dsr.

19. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    That's a bummer for me though. I'm already not using hdr because I got one of the earlier 4k tvs without proper hdr. It's been crashing occasionally even on previous drivers. Searched around on steam forums and seems to be an issue affecting 2080ti users. Dx11 runs without issues though.

20. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Had a few 'K Mode Exception' Blue screens with these.
    All good with previous drivers.