Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I did that. I also watched youtube video's on it. No DICE! I'm not going to jump thru a bunch of hoops to play this game. I don't have much interest anyhow.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I can relate, that's why I quit on BF1 even before the first expansion was released, when BF updates broke SLI support...

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Yea i think that was my issue as well, lately i played without MSI AB and it ran great.

There was a little bottleneck going on but i fixed it by setting resolution scale to 130% and haven't seen my FPS dip below 80fps.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I had performance problems with Alpha2. Alpha1 was fine. And open Beta ran like Alpha1 performance wise.I played the Beta for 15 hours. Randomly there was also a 1 sec freeze (gpu, 1 fps but the ram didnt run full) not reproducable for me.

I also mentioned the thing with RTSS/AB giving me like 20fps less in BF1 (and other games). I changed something lately but dont know what exactly anymore. Did some tests with AB and w/o, logged and for me it seems fixed now....it was weird enough to begin with so im glad thats sorted out (for now). Still, i have disabled AB from autostart and not using it anymore.

I also like the fact that Medic can give one ammo magazine now. Now im not spamming Q anymore but spamming MB3 (Gadget 3), but feels weird when you stop running , your actions, etc .when you press that button (or spam it). Tip; you can auto heal holding the same button you throw medic pouches and dont need to press/hold 5 on Keyboard. Which should aso be a key you can assign, cos there issnt one yet and you really need to get used to press/hold 5 in danger situations. Autohotkey should work to, but why just not let us assign the key.

Spawns are shitty as always and need also a lot of improvement. TTK is fine for me, even the low ammo count (tho two extra mags instead of one would be also fine, cos they already limited the usage of supply crates with a cool down for yourself). Noticed almost no one is playing medic. There were a lot of matches where i was the only medic on my team and i couldnt believe it.

Then you have the usual suspects playing Support and not throwing ammo pouches, tho there is no cool down and its unlimited.

White font on bright screen - bad idea. I have my problems, too. Icons above your teammates needs also better clarification what kit or the new roles, hes playing.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Damn, I should have tried without MSI AB. The Beta is over now right?

6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It is over now, yeah :)

Netherwind likes this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    For now i've canceled my pre order. will surely grab the game in the weeks after release as i loved alphas and betas. Just prioritizing GPU renewal for now

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  9. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Is there going to be proper Crossfire support in this game? Battlefield 1 never did support Crossfire. Since Battlefield 5 does not run very well on only a single GPU I am only buying this game if it has Crossfire support.

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I wouldn't count on it if i was you, now that the game is nvidia sponsored.

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Hmmz... this game is more montage friendly than BF1 I think:

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What you mean to say is you found a new AEK.

Solfaur and fantaskarsef like this.
  13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    :D

KissSh0t likes this.
  14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah... more arcade style games. Again you dropped a great vid of your gaming / skill, but honestly, it makes me cringe to read your first sentence and already know it's basically about an OP weapon :D

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    100 FoV

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    That's what she said last night :p

Corrupt^ and Solfaur like this.
  17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    You tried playing bfv last night with a fov of 70? :D Or did you try BF1?

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Are you guys gonna get origin access premier to play bf5 11 days early ? I reckon i will get it for 1 month just for that, and then cancel it and just get normal version of bf5 - from what i can read your progress gets carried through from one version to the other.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I remember using the free month of the Origin Access (or whatever it was called) to play BF1 early. With BF5 however, I will most likely only get it next year, or when there's a discount and probably only for the single player.

I'm not a fan of the premier thing, but the whole "game as a service" is a big scam imo. Paying full price for an unfinished game with the promise there will be more coming sometime down the road, yet if the game flops (and the probability is high with BF5), what's to say EA won't simply abandon it just like they did with SWBF2? So with that in mind, I think getting one month premier might actually be the wiser way to play and try this particular game.