[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS5 - BUILD 17763.107 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Apparently it hit Release Preview channel the same time it went live for non insiders

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Wait a minute...the old folders are missing under Downloads It's completely blank. No Compressed, Programs, Video...

So yeah apparently Windows 10 update deleted all those folder/files. They do still reside in my File History back up on another drive. Anyone else see this? I wondered what that was when IDM was asking to create NEW folders to download in folders that should have already existed.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  3. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    The Download folder is in my account that i created awhile back, so it was never on C:\ root. The Strorage Sense has been off since the previous versions of Windows. I'm going to try the same installation on my laptop to see if it does the same thing. The computer at school was working fine with the 17763.1 update and nothing was missing in the Downloads folder.

4. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    first problem the new file explorer New Tab not working at all and not showing in the explorer

Dj_ALeX likes this.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well, so far 1809 seems like a solid release. It fixed the audio crackling issues I had on 1803 on my X-Fi and managed to not break something else in the process which is basically all one can expect from MS at this point.

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    What do you think this is, iOS?

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Everything worked fine here until I looked deeper, other than a bunch of event viewer warnings of “Profile notification of event Unload for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details. ”

Seems everyone gets these.
    My notification action center is not working right, I will see a 1 in the right corner(action center) but when I click on it the panel is empty.
    Not really big issue if that’s it.
    I did run “sfc /scannow” but said all is good, so ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    which did say corruption so ran this now DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and it said it fixed it. But the issue still there, I might just disable all notifications but I do use it for USB sticks.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    so is this still getting those eventlog conflicts every few sec? something about profile permissions and dcom conflicts.

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    not sure on every few seconds, but yes those are the ones still.

-Tj- likes this.
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ah ok thanks,

I didn't monitor much but it happened by logon few seconds apart, I think it stopped later or it repeats every few min?

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yeh, I had like 20 yesterday, but today, I have reboot like 5 times or more so event is a mess with warnings.
    It looks like a lot cause you get unload and then loaded warnings around same timestamp.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  12. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I'm loving how all windows go dark when you select Dark App Mode...sweet!!

Passus likes this.
  13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Uh oh, I predict these two will be going at it.....again!

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    One thing about Windows 10 1809 that I definitely like and approve of, is Game Mode. It seems Microsoft has continued to improve Game mode, because I just tested it in Batman Arkham Knight (a game that is mediocre when it comes to CPU optimization), and I definitely saw an improvement in smoothness and jitter with Game Mode turned on. In previous Windows 10 builds, I would make a point of turning Game Mode off, but now with 1809, I can say that I recommend leaving it on.

AsiJu likes this.
  15. shakyor

shakyor Active Member

GPU:
    380x
    Notifications do not work for me

16. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Does anyone know if this forces you to use meltdown and spectre cpu microcode/updates?

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    windows defender says -27116 threats found......

18. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    I just checked that and it isn't the case. You can disable or enable them any time! :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  19. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Anyone having notification Action center problems can check out this thread.
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/118989-action-center-stopped-working-after-1809-a.html
    What worked for me is go into settings >System and Privacy and disable everything with notifications and background app options.
    Reboot and then toggle all those back on and reboot. That got action center toast pop up messages back for me.

There is also a post about event viewer warnings there
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/118976-new-1809-update-now-shows-event-viewer.html

But I would be careful with any reg edit's to fix it.

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    If people were wondering what WDDM 2.5 was bringing to the table, the Wikipedia page for WDDM has been updated to include WDDM 2.5. Here are some of the features: