Bloodborne (project beast)

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2014.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Too early to tell but I may still prefer DS over BB. Regardless the game is great and I particularly like the transforming weapons and their movesets (used Hunter Axe, Saw Spear and Kirkhammer so far).

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Lols, I thought Dark Souls was a bit confusing but seems I'm getting lost in Yharnam all the time... keep going in circles. Design is cool though as areas interconnect.

I think there's a bossfight waiting at Unseen Village so guess I'll try that next...

Gehrman told me to "ascend the Oedon Chapel" which I assume is the tower like place in Cathedral Ward but once I got to as high as I could go there was a locked door.

Though the door leading to Chapel was locked initially too and not a clue when it got opened and why. Maybe some Hunter's badge I got?

Confusing... and I've watched numerous let's plays of Bloodborne. Well glad not too much got spoiled, apparently.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Hehe .. yeah. Though Yharnam is a bit more complex than the rest of the game IMO. The door in the ward opens after you defeat the Bloodstarved beast I think. Hunters badges expand the shop items and that door on the top of the tower I think is for the later game. Good hunting!

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2

Btw are the defeat-this-boss-to-open-that-door things in any way lore related or just means to funnel the player in the right direction?

Or in other words prevent accessing later game areas too early? There doesn't seem to be much logic behind them.

Demon's Souls had ofc similar thing but for example after Tower Knight bossfight the fog gate stops you and you're told that you need to defeat an Archdemon to proceed.

EDIT: one more question: I have a few Bath Messenger related items. I thought you could give them to messengers but no such option is available?

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I’d say that this particular boss-door is just strange and out of place. It just opens with no warring or explanation and that’s it. All other have some reasoning behind them, be that “you have to kill me if you want to open the door behind me”, or you need and item from the boss, so you know “the password” … you’ll see ..

There is a second bath in the garden of the dream, where you can use those items.

AsiJu likes this.
  6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I do believe I accidentally entered the Old Hunter's DLC when searching how to progress (Hunter's Nightmare)...

oh dear... however after initial shock and a few deaths was able to send a couple of those hunters back to... well reading the lore exactly the same place.

(Blooddrunk hunters are doomed to remain in the nightmare forever
    *dramatic music*)

Also found the "right" path afterwards, now in Forbidden Woods, I'll tackle the hunters of yore later. Apparently I had learned the password from that epiphany thing...

btw I loled at Talk to skeleton -> "Already dead" :D
    (From being their usual, sneaky brilliant themselves. Everyone will think who the hell asked the password, oh you can talk to the skeleton. Not.)

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    forbidden woods, perfect place to farm :D

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Nice!

I actually did quite a bit of farming already at Unseen Village (won't even try to type the name).
    Those "sack-dudes" drop Bloodstone shards and twin shards nicely, plus a decent amount of blood echoes for the budding hunter :D

Farmed so I could reinforce both Hunter's Axe and Kirkhammer to +6

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    The more I play the more BB has similarities to Demon's Souls I think.
    Reminds DeS more than DS. Which is nice.

10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Well I finally decided to finish this the proper way, with the proper ending and final Boss fight.

Man I love this game! but strangely, I cannot get myself to play any of the Dark Souls series games. I tried….can't do it!

What about the Old Hunters DLC? how is that like ? who played it ?

11. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    I played it when I was near the end of the main story - it was hard as balls. I was doing okay in the main game, and was swiftly murdered over and over again as soon as I got into the DLC. I had to spend a few hours carefully grinding to get strong enough to survive. Overall, it was pretty good though - a little bit short, but still good.

12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Hei thanks, good to know.

What level were you when started to play the DLC? I am 84 atm.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Currently playing Old Hunter's (on and off), at level 90 something I think, on my first playthrough.

It is considerably harder than anything in the base game for sure, but enjoyable anyway! I particularly like battling hunters.

Just past the Ludwig bossfight aka IMMA-FIRIN-MY-LAYZER-AND-BUTTRAPE-YOU-SO-BAD-YOULL-FART-BLOOD-FOR-A-WEEK

So a good bossfight! :D

14. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Old Hunters was HARD! I think they recommend level 90 for it, but 100+ would be my suggestion. Not that the level is everything of course. You can be 150 and still die like a little bitch and meanwhile there is guy on YouTube/Twitch, that goes around naked, at base level and woops ass with bare hands…

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  15. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Hmm ok then, seems like I need to buff up a little, but I am determined to end the DLC as well :D

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Heh, level reminded of blood echoes and blood echoes reminded me of souls in DS.

Recently in DS 3, I farmed 1.4+ million souls so I could heal the dark sigil and reverse hollowing permanently.
    Why? Hollow characters don't cast shadows which always bothered me (had already done the related ending so no harm).

:D

(I know purging stones or that certain ring would have the same effect but purging stones are temporary and I don't want to waste a ring slot for cosmetics)

I could have leveled up probably 6 times with that many souls but my mind was made up.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Hmmm did not remember how many embilical cords I had consumed , apparently just one and not 2 before what I thought was the third one.

Went and finished „you know who“ then game over lol :D

Not going to try again for the final ending.

Now to the DLC :D

18. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but Bloodborne has been released on PSNow UK so for you souls guys this is the closest we will get to Bloodborne on PC. Been having an utter blast on this. All that is left is for them to release Demons Souls.

19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    So i´ve just finished Bloodbourne, after finally defeating the Orphan of Kos, that OP bastard! Curiously this was the first game i´ve bought for the PS4 and one of the main reasons for getting the console in the first place. I was kind of unsure about it but now i can say: what an amazing game! The second best of the souls series only behind the first Dark Souls. The gameply, the artwork, the world and even the creepy and strange story, all spectacular!
    Now i´m going to beat the game again so i can get the bonus ending and to prepare myself to Shekiro´s arrival!

drandiiski likes this.
  20. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    How's the frame rate?