SteelSeries Rival 650 Wireless and Rival 710 Gaming Mice

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. spalek83

spalek83 Guest

GPU:
    270x 2 gb
    Rival 700 is the best mouse I ever used. Never going back to Logitech again after purchasing it.

OLED screen is functionally useless though. Never even bothered with the tactile alerts so can't give an opinion on that.

3. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I don't understand why Steelseries made that cut to separate the buttons from the rest of the mouse top. It looks worse and will collect dust and particles from the hand. That's the reason why I don't replace my ailing Rival 300 with a newer model.

4. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    WHen i have not try the rival, im in pain when i dont find the same mechanic switch that i have on the G902/903...

5. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I bought the Rival 110 and it's the worse piece of poop I ever had on my desk.
    It's awfully hard to aim at anything and it loses tracking very often for no apparent reason.

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Silva,

This is a more similar shape an much better sensor:
    http://www.nixeus.com/product/revel-gaming-mouse/

Similar mouse:
    https://dreammachines.eu/en/dm1pros

They both use the 3360 sensor which is far superior from the Rival 110. I've used the Nixeus for about 2 years, just switched to a G Pro Wireless now.

Trying to compete with Logitech button wise. The awesomeness on the new Logitech mice their buttons doesn't come from being overtly sensitive, it's from springing back to their original tension/spot really quickly allowing you to burst/spam with a lot more control:

7. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    I have the Rival 600, the one with the wire. And a M750 Apex keyboard.

I don't have complaints about the mouse, it's extremely precise. However I find it a bit cheap that they just added wireless and charging what, +40 USD for it? And the mouse got weightier now. In my opinion they should have added a few more features to it before coming up with a "best gaming mouse" tag. i mean, the Rival 600 is great, but common, it's a mouse, there are other great mice too.

As for the Apex M750, it's amazing at games, and somewhat horrible at typing. Made maybe 10 mistakes typing this that I usually wouldn't make. It get annoying with time, although I got used to it. Problem is extreme sensitivity of the keys.

8. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    RIVAL 700 is the worst mouse EVER, got it for the OLED but no game supports it and there is no way to customize me it, the only thing they allow you to do is apply a "sticker", like your name or gif that will be doing its thing [rotating in the background for show], you cant customize it to do things for games or do smart stuff like show GPU temps.
    After 2 months i decided that using that mouse is literal self-rape, my palm and arm was hurting and i was suffering, i went back to Logitech G602.
    All my life i used different Logitech mice and im used to palm hold them, Rival 700 is long and you need to claw hold it, uncomfortable.

9. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I used cheap laser mice from A4tech. I still have a working XL750BK and it's the best mouse I've used, ever.
    Problem is, can't find these new anymore and their new lineup (bloody) is majorly optical and brakeup after a couple months.
    I miss having great cheap mice for less than 20€, this optical crap costed me around 35€.
    The ones you suggested are not sold in Portugal.

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I still have my Rival 300 going strong.