AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.9.3 Driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 27, 2018.

1. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    im about to upload another test with another game gimme a few min, sorry if this is considered spam.

2. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    alright heres test number two with a different game, which again i wouldnt know if its the game that has the problem or its something else:

i got another question to ask, i noticed that everytime i restart my pc wattman settings goes to default and i have my own profile /set to manual configuration to keep the power consuption a little lower (lowered the volts just a tad) than default cause i dont see why this card should drain that much wattage anyways, idk if msi afterburner could be conflicting? i use afterburner for game monitoring and fan curve , nothing else.
    https://imgur.com/a/aRwTNA6
    https://imgur.com/a/RhtXiMS
    https://imgur.com/a/qYyifgT

if theres anything i can share let me know.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Maybe a clean driver installation would so something? using DDU "Display Driver Uninstaller", Uninstall driver > restart into safe mode > run DDU > restart > install fresh driver > restart...

I don't know anything about msi afterburner as I have never used it, I do use wattman and it doesn't reset settings for me, have you tried uninstalling msi afterburner to see if wattman settings reset?

I don't think it's spam, it's just looking for help in a relevant thread.

squallypoh likes this.
  4. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    Alright I found a way to make it not reset anymore gonna have to test it again by turning off the pc and giving it a minute or two to see if that also affects , but I've managed to keep wattman settings as I personalized them, now about the game did you got to see the shader changes ? Also the distance with the shadows could it be the card or just the game engine that is buggy ? Thanks so much for your patience btw.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Yes I saw the stairs lod change and the far passageway lod change... I'm not sure how that could be hardware error.

squallypoh likes this.
  6. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    Okay I rather make sure about it that is not my gpu and it's just the dumb game , I once again appreciate your help very much.

KissSh0t likes this.
  7. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    hello, i came with another test yet again and im wondering really if its the games or the card now... mostly because when i played this game before i didnt had those shadows issues that you are gonna see on the video, not to mention theres some kind of screen tearing which im not sure if you are gonna be able to notice them due the 30fps caps i had for the recording, i used to have a gtx 750 ti which was just fine for this game, now that im revisiting it well just see for yourself.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    AMD GPU's have had issues with Last Remnant (Early UE3 in general?) shadow flickering for years. :)

squallypoh likes this.
  9. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    I was not aware of this and trust me I did looked around before posting here, I come from Nvidia side this is my second Radeon in my life.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's definitely standard LOD change in game.

You know what? Run OCCT for minute, then run GPUPI or other fixed math which confirms that result is correct or not. That will tell you if GPU throws bad results or memory stores data incorrectly.

squallypoh likes this.

11. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    idk if i did it right but here it goes:
    https://imgur.com/a/JAEVFoS gpupi
    https://imgur.com/a/qq8pc1P occt

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Result is good. But I meant to have OCCT running in background while GPU calculates PI.
    (1 minute for heat up, and then keep OCCT running while doing GPUPI for extra stress.)

13. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    the one minute thing on occt? im sorry ive never used these programs before.

14. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
  15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    squallypoh likes this.

16. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    Thank you dear Fox, you have no idea how this help me and puts me at ease, i dont wanna have to deal with RMA and specially doing it overseas... i took a high risk buying this card from another country lol but i couldnt pass the offer.

17. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    Any news about next big update driver, crimson, adrenaline........ what's next?????

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    There are no official teasers yet, so no. I expect AMD to show teasers in November.

I can say that AMD owns rights to IP for quite a few dynamically performance vs. IQ balancing technologies which were not implemented.
    (I Hope they will put at least dynamic internal rendering resolution into place, and maybe dynamic buffer resolution.)

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Why do they keep changing the nomenclature?

20. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    i recently took another occt test and look how this changed from what i took a few days ago, also you can see i changed the settings alittle, is this right?

https://imgur.com/a/8ZmREMd