Star Citizen Alpha 3.3 is now available

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Cloud Imperium has released the highly 3.3 alpha version of Star Citizen to its Evocati Test Flight members. Back in August, Cloud Imperium claimed that it targets an October 10th release for Star Cit...

Star Citizen Alpha 3.3 is now available

2. entr0cks

entr0cks Member Guru

GPU:
    GV-N660OC-2GD
    Instead of local illumination of asteroids, more realistic would've left them like they are - almost invisible, probably still eclipsing light sources behind it - and just made a vehicle light (making it into a dam beacon for others...) or even better in the hud/screen/vehicle window placed a topological grid on top of the object to make it visible - picked up by vehicle scanners.

// Don't own the game, seems interesting, but not out and probably expensive.

3. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Please for the love of god, no posts about this being a scam or some nonsense like that. If you think it's a scam, go file a report with the authorities with the evidence you don't have

AlmondMan and screwtech02 like this.
  4. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Please for the love of god don’t defend this “perma-Alpha”
    Note;Yes I own it but I’m not wasting any drive space on it...

Alessio1989 and scatman839 like this.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I look forward to the final review of the final game.

6. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Very forward looking man

carnivore and Loobyluggs like this.
  7. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Ah...anticipating is always the best part...

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Hey, glad to see some Star Citizen news here, i'm part of the Evocati testers playing with 3.3 right now. everyone should be able to access it on test server by the 10 October (CitizenCon), testing for themself.

9. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    I have spent around $350 on this game so far. It still sucks. I am afraid that by the time it comes out, I will not even be gaming anymore! Ill probably have a family and kids to raise so wont even get to enjoy this game. Hope it takes less than a week to learn to fly after this update.

Noisiv likes this.
  10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Steel Thunder on C64 had specific controls for each "tank". (wonderful game)
    I wonder if Star C. has different controls for each spacecraft too.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Me too. I don´t know if this game is going to be good or if it´s my type of game but i´m very curious about it.

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Started with 15-20 people in 2014 using money to pay for external studio/third party to create content and gameplay to 400+ employee in 2018 and fully in-house developpement.

JoeBlobers likes this.
  13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    There are games far less ambitious than this which have been in development for longer. Though it's a little unsettling that this is still in alpha, they've accomplished a lot in 4 years for an independent team of a game this scale.
    That being said, I'm not sure they'll succeed in releasing this, but I don't think a lot of people know how much time and effort it takes to make such a game.

14. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Still in Alpha. OmegaLUL

Beta in 2027
    Oh it's a lot longer than 4 yrs my man. Try 7
    Nope, development started 2011, first alpha was in 2013

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I was at one point interested in this but now.... to much time gone by and each time I see news it about they want more money,

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I this game in the Genius Book by now?

For being in Alpha for the longest time.

17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    So in beta by 2050?

18. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I think that some people see that as the main problem. The devs said it would X period of time and cost X to release X product onto the market.

So...you are saying the devs were wrong? That the devs didn't know how much time and effort it would take? Or are you saying they did know?

If they knew - then they should have released the original design.
    If they didn't - then they should have asked for more time and more money to release X.

In either case, it is irrelevant as they have simply added and added and added with every year to X, leading to the situation where I am just waiting and waiting and waiting for the final game to be finally reviewed by Hilbert.

19. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Those are estimates at best and I have yet to see a single crowd funded game actually release within those estimated time frames people seem to forget your funding development of the game and there's no guarantee you'll receive a game at the end of it all its a gamble you take if you can't handle it don't invest in it, a really good example of that is Distance I backed it in 2012 the estimated date of delivery was May 2013 flash forward to 19 September 2018 it just hit 1.0 6.5 years later finally out of beta it happens and the game is all the better for it. Since I've never done a crowd funding campaign I'm guessing they have to put down a estimated release date even though most of them are incredibly short or naive if you will one has to think they are closing their eyes and throwing a dart at a calendar lol

HandR likes this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Something something Chris Roberts, Something something it's a Scam, Something something I'm Derek Smart.