GeForce 411.63 WHQL drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by norton, Sep 19, 2018.

1. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Yeah, I've tried with DX 12 for all the games under ORIGIN. No need to test & AMD GPU also the same thing. By looking at the players faces & overall gameplay didn't change much at all so I guess is still the same. FYI, the RoTR still playable for DX 12. Regarding the cut-scenes or replay, the settings I've highlighted is the only solution to avoid getting 30 FPS.

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I'll test this out in bit. On 1803 and this driver SWFB II was silky smooth at 4K all settings maxed and keep a min of 60 FPS. I've just got 1809 dialed in, and had to fix the friggen microcode bug from intel to get my 4.5 clocks back. Makes a substantial difference going from a single core boost 4.0 to 6 cores at 4.5.

3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Are you using DX 12 or DX 11?

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I was using DX12. Personally, I've not had many problems with games stuttering. Even FO3, which is notorious, only gives me a jitter every couple of minutes.

Edit, played SWBF II for about 45 minutes, Endor mission. DX12 4K with every setting at ultra including AA, 4K UI, view angle 60, no scaling options. Using perfoverlay.drawfps 1 on the console, dead solid green ~75-80 FPS even during pretty heavy fight scenes, screen tearing was the only real issue. Enabled vsync played for another 20 minutes or so and it was pretty darn smooth...almost soap opera like. I had to check the motion blur in game and the 'clear view' settings on the Sammy. One glitch I did notice is using the console, that it flashes like crazy. It did not do that on RS4.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    did you report this?

most video players have gsync set to Disallow in the driver profiles.

6. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Good enough, but I don't play SWBF 2 or owned it so no comment. :oops:

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Wasnt this thread pinned? And why issnt it anymore? hmm

8. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
  9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    This makes no sense to remove the ONE current sticky for the Current driver in favor of bury it another thread and a link to Guru3D servers and when whatever admit happens to update it....based on someone else posting it first. I don't mind they host them, but I do mind they change the links (editing user posts in the process without permission) to their packaged download with the extra garbage attached I have to delete.

tiliarou likes this.
  10. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    No problem here. Suspect your configuration.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I noticed a nice improvement with this driver - the G-SYNC indicator is now much smaller and located more to the top-right corner of the screen when using OpenGL games (I noticed it when loading up No Man's Sky this morning). It certainly looks much better than previously where the OpenGL/Vulkan indicator was blockier, larger and located more toward the middle of the top of the screen.

Why are the G-SYNC indicators for DirectX and OpenGL/Vulkan games different though? The DirectX one remains unchanged and a tad on the large size plus it is located on the left of the screen about 30% of the way down from the top.

Wouldn't it make more sense to keep it in the same location and exactly the same size as the OpenGL/Vulkan indicator?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  12. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    man, I just looked through these comments and...you're not too bright are you?
    Margin of error means if you ran the benchmark 100 times, you would see a small deviation in the results. Which is margin of error. There is no loss in performance. You could run the benchmarks yourself and see better results on 1 run and worse on another but by what, 1 or 2 fps? You clearly don't understand...well, anything.

Why the hell would you want to use Limited Colour range? Full is far superior in everything. Limited is bad and only for monitors that don't support full colour range. Full gives you blacker blacks and is the setting you want. I think you're a little confused about how this works. It certainly does not, absolutely not, affect colour saturation in the slightest.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  13. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Maybe they're using limited because it's what they need. I haven't used monitors for a couple of years now. I used a 32" Sony TV, and now use a 43" 4K Sony TV as a monitor, limited is the option that's required with TV's. I use YCbCr422 output colour format, at 10 bpc colour depth, and limited dynamic range, with the TV colour space set to BT.2020

Not having the issue though with nVidia messing around with it, once I set it, the settings remain persistent.

Babel-17, Stormyandcold and AsiJu like this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Anyone using a display with limited range only will obviously want to run limited range.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  15. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    you need a refresher in statistics; ME has to do with the confidence you have in results. variances is only part of it along with samples size, change in testing conditions ect . .ect.

to say there is a margin of error in ONE sample is ridiculous.

and stop being rude.

16. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Was getting hard crashes in Watch Dogs 2 specifically.I usually import a copy of profiles folder into AB folder with 2126mhz core.Using a fresh graph I've discovered the max @ 1.093v for my card is now 2113mhz.Re-adjusted profile and now the crashes are gone.Firestrike and Witcher 3 were fine but I gather they were not stressing long enough for instability to show.

17. Babel-17

Babel-17 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Huh, same here. I went from a 32" Sony Bravia XBR6 to a 43" Sony Bravia XBR-43X800D.

Thanks for the color space tip. And it looks like nVidia drivers are now doing better with YCbCr422. Either that, or the firmware update Sony pushed out a day or two ago improved things. My desktop is no longer "dingy" when using it. And yeah, afaik it's been confirmed that these Sony HDTVs use limited dynamic output range.

Edit: Lol, I checked and the desktop dinginess remains when HDR is enabled. Oh well, actual HDR content looks good (as it should, it's encoded for it), I can live with switching it on and off as needed.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I want to say these drivers fixed the issue of prague in Deus EX MD getting jittery for no reason, then again I have no really did much running around in prague yet since I just restart the game again, shall see

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Just played updated Quake champions version and now it crashes 5-10min into the game, not sure what's going on.

Now my gpu is 1000% stable (and also played ok before ~ r397)
    On second thought I'm now at RS5, maybe it's something with that?

EDIT: will try 411.70 now

20. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I went from the 32" W800C to the 43" X800D. I can post all my TV settings for you if you want later, have it set up pretty nice for PC usage. And yeah changing colour space to BT.2020 makes a big difference. It's not over saturating, it just opens up a lot more colours visibly and makes everything look better and more lively.

As for HDR, I was using it with Netflix and with the games that supported it, but haven't been using it for the last few months. Our TV aren't really true HDR, I think you only notice the real benefit of HDR with TV's that have 1000 nits (maximum brightness) and above. Our TV is around 400 nits maximum brightness.