GeForce 411.63 WHQL drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by norton, Sep 19, 2018.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    New PhysX version if anyone didn't notice. 9.18.0907

akbaar likes this.
  2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    The profile was fixed one or two drivers ago, i dont know why you are mentioning this since its a whole different story, see ManuelG's answer. MHW has a Benchmark? I dunno anymore, im pretty much done with this game anway. And when i just know my prev. fps at certain points and see them so much improved, then yeah..

1st page maybe? 5th post?

3. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Watchu playin now? Same boat as you!

4. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    So far so good, no probs whatsoever. I just played a bit of SOTTR and i feel them even smoother and more stable than 399.24. I'm going to test more games now to have an overall feeling about the driver and report back. :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018

5. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Installed and seem to be good drivers. Keepers for now!

6. Dyseman

Dyseman Member

GPU:
    RX-6800XT 16GB
    Half a Gig file! They need to split off the RTX and GTX drivers. That Should slim down both sides. I don't need any GTX in my RTX tomorrow :) And I'm sure the ancient GTX stuff doesn't need the AI and RT stuff either

7. quantum hacker

quantum hacker Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275 - 896 MB
    They are close to the same size as previous versions. What they need to cut out is the useless geforce experience software. I'd keep the previous version with my 1080 but that power monitoring bug bugs me. Not that I've noticed it yet, but it's a loose end

8. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    That and drivers and benchmarks results are hardware dependent. What runs awesome for one setup blue screens for another. Tend to agree no difference at all.

Regards

9. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    And save a whopping 50 or so MB, causing massive inconvenience to everyone who's not a nerd like us and doesn't install it.
    Not worth.

10. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Branch r411_58-3 for those interested

11. disq

disq Member Guru

GPU:
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the Game Ready driver for MHW introduced a game profile which included several optimisation/compatibility defaults,

2 of these resulted in a CPU utiilsation spike and lower framerates on various intel and amd cpu's, but in some cases (such as with ryzen 1600's and higher) the fps increased.

No, this was actually community identified.

one user on steam (that posted to the geforce forums) identified the two fields that were causing the issue and then nvidia's test lab guys had to play through the game all the way to the most affected points to identify what the problem was :D

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The profile wasn't changed at all, it was still the same between the mhw game ready driver and the 399.24 driver, 411.63 is the first with the bits corrected (or removed, i haven't checked the profile dump)

14. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Interesting. The PPC folder would appear to refer to USB-C support for the VR link, going by the file names, and NGXCore includes the DLSS support going by the release notes (and who knows what else), so may be worth keeping that in for future proofing. NvAbHub, no idea by looking at that file list :) What's in the .nvi file? Downloading set now, I too like clean driver installs and usually delete all the crap.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Well in the regarding thread theres is mentioned that it was changed.

16. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    Any information changelog for new Phsyx version ?

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it was wrong information at the time.

18. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I installed them but when I opened Gears 4 the game was froze a few seconds/minutes, and when I say froze is that I had to restart the PC.
    This happened 4 times consecutively, and that had never happened to me with other drivers.

I didn't feel like trying other games so I went back to 399.32 (which I had installed this morning) and everything went back to normal.

By the way, I join those who wished that Nvidia had renewed the drivers interface.
    Unfortunately that was not the case.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018

19. hey there,

what you write is very interesting. i'm so far using the old 398.36 driver from june. i'm on a gtx 980ti and the performance in monster hunter world is sadly pretty bad.

though i bought a new ryzen 2600X with samsung b-dies 3200mhz cl14 trident z ram (running with the xmp profile perfectly fine right now. thinking about ocing it to 3466mhz and cl14, which is supposed to be easy and possible on my rig. also got the asus rog strix x470-f gaming motherboard for the system which seems to be pretty fantastic so far)

whats the difference between the newest 411 driver and those last 2 you mention considering monster hiunter world ? will the newest driver run worse in MHW than lets say the 399.24 or will it run better because some "bits" (sorry, not hardcore experienced here so i don'T know whats meant by that considering the driver and engine of the game) were "repaired" ? would you maybe translate that to a more normal user explanation. would really love to know what driver i should use now with my new system and my old gtx 980ti, especially because i haven't played through MHW so far, just started playing till i got to the second map).

with my cpu, what driver should give me the best performance in this game and also other modern games ?

20. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    i've got an improvement in forza horizon 4 demo, it feels more smoother