GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Availability Delayed by a week

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    On the NVIDIA forums, a moderator is reporting that the general availability GeForce RTX 2080 Ti is delayed with one week. This means that if want to purchase the card it will not be available at it...

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Availability Delayed by a week

2. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    "This means that if want to purchase the card it will not be available"
    That's not exactly what it says....

3. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Thank you Captain obvious.....GeForce RTX 2080 Ti general availability has shifted to September 27th, a one week delay. That's what it exactly says...…..sheesh:rolleyes:

cryohellinc likes this.
  4. kcajjones

kcajjones Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 470 1.28GB
    I honestly hope this isn't because of stock issues due to the number of pre orders.
    I resent everyone who's made preorders for such an expensive item when the quality and performance are uncertain at best!
    The more people make these daft decisions, the more money Nvidia make and worse the market gets for everyone!

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Why don't you worry about your own finances and stop worrying about other people's.

kthxbye

yasamoka likes this.
  6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    He has a clear point.

kthxbye

Neo Cyrus, Silva and Loobyluggs like this.
  7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Yeah - I'm calling BS on this story too.

nVidia went too far with this pricing.

Not saying it is because of comparative products, but when you can buy all 3 games consoles (and one of them plays UHD bluerays) for the price of ONE gfx card...your brain just kinda says 'meh' and you merrily amble along.

And, omfg, stop wearing leather jackets. You are not fooling anyone with your age. What's next; turning up on stage with a 'ghetto blaster' and beat boxing? (I may have done this joke before...)

Apple have got issues in this area, but I will rant like Bill Hicks on that one, so I'll stop.

BS, I'm calling it. There is NFW a multi-billion $ company messed up their logistical supply chain.

8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    WTF does the way he dress and present himself have to do with ANYTHING? You're going WAY too far. Lay off the personal attacks. This has nothing to do with the product.

Agent-A01 and BangTail like this.
  9. kcajjones

kcajjones Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 470 1.28GB
    When many people throw more money at something than it's previously (and arguably still) worth, then you inflate the price. That's bad for everyone but share holders.

Apple's recent activity is evidence of this. The iPhone x is £1000 new, which was an all time high, and loads of apple fan boys ran out and wasted all that money! They shipped less iPhone x than 9 and made a still made record profits. Now the iPhone xs is going to be starting at £1200!

It's just bad for consumers. I want the best gpu and phone and car etc... But if the general populous start accepting that these prices are acceptable (and don't stop to think about profit margins and corporate greed for even a second) then we ALL get shafted!

cryohellinc likes this.
  10. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    Yet, the fanboi's will shell out the denero for a card under NDA faster than a dress droppin on prom night....

Silva and cryohellinc like this.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    1: It's a joke.
    2: It's a joke that points out the way he perceives us, the consumer (incorrectly) and so highlights the dichotomy between his perception of the market and my perception of nVidia incorrectly perceiving the marketplace and the consumers within it. It's not a personal attack. It's something new and exciting called 'wit'.
    3: It's a joke that shows what lengths someone will go to be liked, by ridiculing themselves.
    4: It's a joke that never ends, as he has worn the same style of leather jacket for as long as I can remember him pretending to release a product onto the world like it can cure world hunger. It's a graphics card - not a rain-making device for arid and hostile environments where food doesn't grow.
    5: It's a joke that (and I know I've mentioned this before, years ago) for some reason most of the tech industry guys (and gals!) seem oblivious to. Bill gates wore a leather jacket when the Original XBox was unveiled. I remember him putting on the leather jacket and saying 'Well, we got the jackets and the tech, we just need developers' whilst putting on a leather jacket.
    6: It's a joke that is kinda a meme. Get rich, put on some pounds, go to silicon valley, launch a new product, don't forget to buy a leather jacket.
    7: It's a joke that echos the late, great Henry Winkler and his character 'The Fonz', as everybody knew he wasn't cool, except The Fonz, that was the joke! That is what was funny! That he didn't know that everyone thought he was lame, and that he believed he actually was 'cool'. He wasn't! He was a punchline! Yet, here we are with these tech guys (and gals!) wearing leather jackets because they actually think they are being cool and 'down with the kidz'. They are not! They are in some alternate reality that places them so far outside the twilight zone that not even Bella Swan would dare tread!
    8: It's a joke. If they were standing in front of me, I would say the same thing I would to a geography teacher who came to school driving a red sports car and wearing a leather jacket. "Grow up...you creepy weirdo. Just grow the **** up and do your job".
    9: It's a joke.

Killian38 and Fox2232 like this.
  12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Jeeze, you are a nutjob for reading that far into it.

I don't care for leather apparel but it does not bother me that people wear what they like.
    So what if he likes leather jackets, in what way does that affect anyone?

Are you going to tell people "grow up you weirdo, just grow the **** up" every time you run across someone wearing leather or anything you don't like?

Frankly, people will wear whatever they want to; that's called a right.
    Nobody could give a damn what your opinion is regarding what you think is in style.

Do you think it's cool to jump on the train of making fun of what you believe to be out of style?

Yeah, talk about ironic. I'm sure there are plenty of people who think it's hysterical on how you dress or what car you drive.

That's called bigotry.
    Your post is by far the dumbest thing I've read today.

yasamoka likes this.
  13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Bigotry refers to opinions, not wearing leather jackets in an attempt to sell graphic cards.

And, it's a joke.

PS: Everyone knows I don't drive, and the dresses I wear are quite fetching, actually.

14. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Except he doesn't. People are free to use their money any legal way they see fit, to resent them for it shows his own problems, not the person spending their money the way they want to.

yasamoka and BangTail like this.
  15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    And it applies to your opinion on whether or not you think leather jackets are in style.

16. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Don't care about how they spend their money, I care about how it affects me.

Their unthoughtful decisions to buy something they practically have 0 clues about, send false ideas both to the market and the manufacturer/designer thinking that product is fantastic and its launch was a pure success. While its the contrary.
    The result of this will be alienation of the majority of your client base, at least when we are talking about consumer grade GPU's. As it's the majority that brings the lions share of profit to them, not the less than 1% that buys the top end stuff.

Majority will pick a more attractive/competitive product, which in our case will most likely be AMD (or hell, even Intel down the road). Some will just stay on Pascal, or move to a competitor. Price to Performance always matters. With Turing, it's clearly not the case.

Those buyers are harming themselves in the long run, that's about it.

Besides Nvidia starts to remind me of Apple lately, they are striving to create this "isolated" Nvidia only corner with Nvidia only types of Technologies and Software. Don't like that, won't support that.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Silva likes this.
  17. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Thanks. Couldn't have said it any better. That makes two of us then. WTF was that even ...

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Do you know what's really funny thing here. @Loobyluggs made one easy to overlook/forget/ignore sentence.
    Huang is not even reading it, and with that ego of his would not cry over it. But you guys, you had to push it. And Loobyluggs made marvelous post.

I bet neither of you could stay at topic as he did without mindless babbling. But yeah! He dared to insult your God of GPUs. Get over it, it is just graphics card and little man.

CrazyBaldhead and Loobyluggs like this.
  19. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I think we care far more about calling out **** from judgmental ******** in general rather than defending someone who is most likely not reading his silly post so that they would know that they were ********, and they would be reminded that this sort of attacking other people is completely unacceptable no matter the person. If you have no interest in pointing that out in people, then stay shut, no need to comment about whether other people do it or not. Get that?

You see, we're not Nvidia fanboys although you're insinuating that we are (funny because I had been on AMD for 5 years consecutively). I honestly don't have any brand favoritism and don't masturbate to photos of Ryzen while owning a 240Hz monitor despite having clear evidence that that CPU line is ill-equipped for much higher refresh rates on many games (sheesh, can't you just admit that was the most foolish decision you could have ever taken?) On the other hand, you've been over 2-3 topics literally spewing unsubstantiated garbage and demonstrating you knew absolutely nothing about machine learning and neural networks and I've been correcting you left and right whenever you were spreading misinformation and outright delusion. Whenever I would ask where you got your information from, you would ignore and never answer.

I, in your stead, would honestly take one's own advice and stay mum. Stay out of this until it blows over, for your own sake, as whatever I had of hope that you were more knowledgeable than others on this forum, it has all been blown away after this recent announcement by Nvidia. You are effectively acting far worse than people who have absolutely no idea and are making emotional arguments, since you go one step further into spreading literally wrong information about Nvidia's implementations and attempting, rather feebly, to substitute that for your own faulty sense of intuition that has gotten you out of hot waters in the past but now can do you no favor given we have little information to go by.

Ever since you rode that train you haven't hopped off. It's about time.

Agent-A01 and Loobyluggs like this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    ...by that time, if someone awaiting to play with Shadow of Tomb Raider with it, could have already COMPLETED the game.
    Note: { Developers at Eidos Montreal is planning a post-launch update to the game on PC to add support for Nvidia's ray tracing technology }

...so NO need to WAIT :D

[​IMG]