Raijintek Releases Ophion and Ophion EVO Cases

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Raijintek announced the Ophion and Ophion EVO cases. The Raijintek Ophion and Ophion EVO are two impressive M-ITX cases that are not only affordable at just £119.99/£129.95, but more importantly, of...

Raijintek Releases Ophion and Ophion EVO Cases

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Good design.

3. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Ripped-Off and modified Dan Case design I'm afraid.
    But half the price.

tunejunky likes this.
  4. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G

Not really, i've seen better. That Glass is going to choke completely the videocard airflow, and that's pretty bad.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Top radiator is good. Then cases with glass on side usually have variants with regular/mesh side panel. For that size it has options. And that's what is good.

Secondly, that glass has quite some offset + is not air sealed around.

tunejunky and airbud7 like this.
  6. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Usually, this won't probably, glad to be proven wrong. That glass is going to kill the airflow, a couple of centimeters won't make up for all the air. And the price point is way too high for this.

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    IIRC Jz2C did test of effect on glass front panel and efficiency of front fans depending on its distance (space on sides for air).
    It was not actually bad, 1cm provides enough space for fans to operate properly. But on graphics, central part of fan may be bit less efficient under those conditions.
    - - - -
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn : Would be interesting to make bench with graphics, glass mount and move it by 1mm at time while measuring GPU/VRMs temperature.
    It would apparently be affected a lot by fan design, and therefore some graphics cards would do better than others. But there could be some distance after which gains are minimal.

tunejunky likes this.
  8. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Can you please link the source of that, nothing personal, but i find pretty odd that 1cm of space is enough for a proper intake especially with decent CFM fans.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Sorry, that guy makes videos. That's not google search friendly stuff. Otherwise I would send you link via PM.

10. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Ok then, let's see if i manage to find it.

11. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    i don't think so. the entire right side is meshed and you have top, bottom, and rear airflow. yes, direct airflow is limited, but any experienced builder would put in a bottom and rear fan...especially for 9th gen Intel

12. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    The glass is directly facing the videocard, although it being a bit distanced from the actual frame of the case, it's still going to limit the biggest source of air. I don't follow you on "but any experienced builder would put in a bottom and rear fan...especially for 9th gen Intel". I don't understand how a bottom and a rear fan are going to help the videocard getting more air, and i don't understand what's 9th gen intel processors got to do with this.

13. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Regarding the side panel, you CAN choose between glass and perforated mesh, i was wrong.