Forza Horizon 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2018.

1. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Updated my sound drivers and it works now, thanks!

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This game is so well optimized this time! Very happy with the results.
    Looks, sounds and runs great.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    One aspect of this demo/game that I am really disappointed with is the replays which remain exactly the same as they did in Forza Horizon 3. While there are plenty of different camera angles, including all the in-game views, none of the non-gameplay ones are particularly interesting to watch. There's nothing to match, say, the amazing TV-style replays of Gran Turismo Sport on the PS4.

True, this is certainly not a game breaker but I like to watch racing game replays from time to time but I cannot see myself doing in this game as they are just so bland and unexciting. In game that looks as good as this one does that is a real shame IMO.

4. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Meanwhile I started downloading yesterday late at night and it was stuck at 90-100Mb/s from a 250Mb/s connection. :( I paused it and will resume it this evening.

Has anyone tried to stream the game using Steam Link? I found a guide on how to add Windows 10 apps to Steam which hopefully works.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018

5. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    yup disappointed too , i hope for new camera angles replay but still same as before

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I have a 500Mbps line but MS Store didn't want to download faster than around 200Mbps anyway. Not the first time that happens but since this installation is "small" compared to other games it didn't matter too much, anyway I played something else in the mean time.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I see download speeds of up to 52.x MB/sec on the Microsoft Store, which is the max. speed of my fibre connection which in speed tests can reach 424 Mbps. For me, the Microsoft Store has become much less annoying now stuff downloads quicker. If it downloads quicker then there is less chance for the download to break, stall or restart. Hope I haven't jinxed it all by posting that! :D

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I wonder why the game has no trackside camera angles for the replay? Maybe it's an engine limitation or maybe it would reveal flaws in how the engine handles things. This game is after designed for a massively underpowered console (the original Xbox One) so the developers are likely using all kinds of tricks to get the game looking good *and* running at a consistent framerate.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I guess I just had bad luck with the speed of that download. Steam, Origin and Uplay all max out my connection at roughly 60MB/s :

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    The best replays in motor racing games has to be dirt rally , codemasters really know how let you in the action of world rally and get you immersed with the replay angles

Susahamat likes this.

11. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I was getting ready to slam this demo by saying that the graphics improvements were nonexistent compared to FH3, then I checked my settings and realized that I hadn't saved the maxed out settings that I selected and the game was running at a lower quality. :D

After putting everything to max quality and saving it, I can honestly say that it's a significant improvement over FH3, in terms of lighting, material quality and geometry complexity.

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I had a blast playing this Demo last night , it is an improvement over FH3 wish i have played since the release. I'm so close to get my Star in the rankings and hopefully i will have it before this FH4 release , i'm at 947 or something around that number , not much more to go :) , then i can safely say i'm done with the game FH3.

Susahamat likes this.
  13. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    So every time you start the game, you have to play that intro and start from the beginning? :( Don't know if it is an issue with this game or if it is with UWP games in general but Freeysnc doesn't work well. It makes the game judder a lot which in turn makes input control awful probably because the refresh rate is all over the place instead of sticking to the FPS. With it disabled, it plays fine. No screen tearing so not a problem.

14. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Decided to see if I could choke out my 1070 and sure enough I can and still get the 60FPS I want. I have a crappy monitor (holy moly screen tear Batman) GTX1070 R5 1600X 16GB 3200 100% utilization still 60 FPS

https://imgur.com/a/MLeXfD2
    [​IMG]

chispy likes this.
  15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nice numbers and looking really good :)

16. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    I can play in windowed mode without CDT's. However, there's NO saves. Have to restart demo every time.[​IMG]

17. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Yeah restating the hand holding portion is annoying

18. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    yup playground games should be take a note from camera replay angles on DIRT series

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Had no idea the demo was out, downloading now.

20. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK