The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    According to Veganism, it actually is. It's a responsibility being shirked by tech hungry impatient people, who are damaging the industry, so IN A WAY, by supporting Nvidia you are actually damaging progress, and the industry as a whole.

I am not going to go in depth as it's a TOTAL waste of time, it's like reasoning with someone who wants to eat meat so badly they will actually convince THEMSELVES they are not REALLY contributing to all the negative effects that doing so causes :p Or another good one.... them giving up meat won;t REALLY make any difference in the scheme of how many others do :D

This is just an example BTW :D Probably go over a few heads.

2. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    He's trying to spread the word, go watch Vegan Gains, he has a lot of haters too due to his delivery, but the message is undeniable. People who get caught up in the delivery I find a bit simple personally.

Here, it's going to fall on deaf ears though, that's for sure.

To make things clear, I am NOT vegan, but I do ACCEPT I am a **** for eating meat.

I expect a few uneducated responses to this ;o;

This is an analogy.... In a likely unsuccessful attempt to help people here understand why they really shouldn't support Nvidia, even if they feel DESPERATE to play with this new tech.

I wish I had a more readily relatable one

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  3. Remekra

Remekra Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6900XT
    All this thread needed was Veganism, now it gets interesting, will continue to lurk to see how situation develops.

EDIT

Also needing to explain couple of times that something is an analogy, probably makes it a bad analogy.

4. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060

Don't get caught up, it's a pure analogy and totally relevant, and I don;t see your logic there... people are quick to judge and VERY defensive... hence my trying to make it very clear where I went with this and why

5. Remekra

Remekra Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6900XT
    Do you cri everitim you eat a burger with meat? Or maybe cut yourself because you are such an asshole? Also do people that will buy 2080/2080Ti need to do the same?
    Everyone should not support nvidia or meat companies because they are evil? Says who? Maybe someone should decide for everyone how to spend their money and decide if you are an asshole when you eat meat or buy 2080/2080Ti (everytime I make that comparison a chuckle a little, thanks for that). Did you smell that? I know that smell, smells like Marx just farted.

6. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    I don't give that much of a ****

It's just discussion and I am being devil's advocate helping translate a little, I do believe we should not support Nvidia but back to my fist point... I don;t give THAT much of a ****

Relax.

Oh actually correction I will reword this, I do believe it is a MISTAKE to support Nvidia right now :D

This is a bit of enjoyable discussion regarding the 'controversial pricing' of the new 20 series cards, (that 99% of the tech industry is talking about, as in.. it's THE biggest talking point regarding the new 20 series GPU's from Nvidia) and the damage buying them could actually do to the industry and future pricing, etc.... ETC

let's not get too worked up about an analogy I made.

7. Remekra

Remekra Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6900XT
    I'm relaxed as I can be. I believe that they do not need an advocate. It's rather simple, someone wants to buy those cards, they have money so they can. That does not make those people bad nvidia supporters, scum of the earth. Most of the people won't buy them and we will see if it will pay off for nvidia. Free market will do it's thing, maybe AMD can come up with something and that will also help.
    The same with meat, you can be asshole for milion other reasons, I do not know you, but eating meat does not make you one. Also funny how most of the people that I have run into, that do not eat meat were assholes.

EDIT

What damage can it cause? If they will see that those prices are ok and they will keep rising them then it will come to a point where that bubble will burst. Either AMD will come up with a GPU that cost less and performs the same or better or people will just say enough and they will need to drive prices down.

8. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Right here we would need a definition of an asshole. And this is not the place to continue this, and by reading that last post I can see I wouldn't want to anyway.

Don't put ridiculous words in my mouth

Peace.

9. Remekra

Remekra Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6900XT
    It's you who wanted to play devil's advocate, and that is exactly the impression their posts leave.

10. Dala1

Dala1 Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    This thread is hilarious. As a Vegan I am now conflicted when it comes to whether I should upgrade my 1080TI -> 2080TI....

But seriously, just a few more days now guys before we get the numbers :)

Slinkyminx likes this.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yes, so @Hilbert Hagedoorn could you, by mistake of course, slip a little number out on the forum? Nothing major, just a little Firestrike score or something ;) Then blame the cat for walking on the keyboard, which is a totally valid excuse since our furry little friends do like doing that :>

fantaskarsef and Dragam1337 like this.
  12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    ... or he doesn't, and doesn't violate the NDA and is not barred from doing anything for us readers in the future :D

But really, I would not have seen any leaks here, this aren't the droids Nvidia would be looking for... ;)

Netherwind likes this.
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    *Frowns like grumpy cat, puts my hands firmly in my pockets, kicks the dust with one of my feet*
    Allright then, FINE! I'll be a good boy and wait.

:D

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm all with you, don't worry, but honestly the longer it takes the more I'm able to control my urge to upgrade, I have to admit... not nearly as hyped as a month ago tbh, they just took too long and made it too much of a mystery :D

Netherwind likes this.
  15. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 3DMark Graphics Performance Benchmarks Leaked – Faster Than Titan XP, Running on Latest 411.51 Drivers

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've recently started to calculate more and more how to financially go through with this upgrade :) I could potentially get ~600€ for my old card but I would need another 700-800€ to cover the cost of a 2080Ti.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    And I fear these cards wont hold their value.
    The market paying near $1000 is very limited, the loss will be much greater.

18. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Sorry I've been kind of too busy to keep up with things recently. If some one can be kind enough to fill me in. They are switching to two fans now for the stock models right? Will there still be other variations from msi, gigabyte, asus....etc? Wondering if I should jump the gun on the 20th (or whenever here) or wait.

Edit: nevermind just found the msi trio for preorder on a site here. Super expensive for that compared to the original. How much better would that be?

19. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
  20. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.