The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Nvidia's scientists want to educate us with the ruler's measurement system. It's so obvious. They have nothing to say or show us. Crystal ball needed.

2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It depends by game type, publisher/developer and edition. Games were some times before up to 90 eur. Now they are capped at 120 or even more for their best editions. We are talking about a pure 33.3% increase for no reason already at least. Sad times we live in.

But people buying titans and slis or having copies both in PC and consoles do not seem to care. Long live capitalism and elitism.

3. Jericho2013

Jericho2013 Guest

GPU:
    2 x 2080 Ti in SLI
    Well I don't live in a snowflake dreamworld. I live in the real world and have worked hard for many years. I am not going to apologize for being willing and able to buy these cards. I wasn't thinking about "humanity" as you say when I pre-ordered them. And I also have an exotic car that I'm not sorry for either so...

I do have kids and spend within my means. Not that it's anyone's business. As I said I will return or sell them if they don't live up to expectations.

No offense to anyone. Just my 2 cents.

Maddness likes this.
  4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    You don't have to explain yourself. I pre-ordered one too. If I can afford it and choose to buy it that's my business. If you're mad that it's too expensive then buy a lower model. Just because the card exists doesn't mean you have to own it.
    I mean I want a Ferrari but I can't afford one. I don't go post on car forums how pissed off I am about the price of them.

Maddness and LuckyNumber8 like this.

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    The arrogance levels out in this thread are over 9000.

6. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    [​IMG]
    Based on newest NVIDIA Graph (didn't make it)

LuckyNumber8 likes this.
  7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yes, how dare you buy something other people can't afford, the nerve :rolleyes:

tensai28, Dragam1337 and LuckyNumber8 like this.
  8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    E-peen level over 9000.

Go enjoy your lives making products more expensive for others. Sometimes I dare cops stop helping rich idiots, they have money to lose either way, robbed or not.

By showing Nvidia paying 1200 for a cut off enthusiast chip is possible, you surely make them believe, money does exist. You cannot understand the damage you do, 2080ti is not the titan, I cannot wait those who are gonna buy Titan RTX. Hahahaha. E-peen reach to the sky.

9. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    you suggest rich people are stupid :)? Rich people earn much more money than average people, and because they can easily afford the best possible gaming GPU it makes them stupid LOL? And what about you, you obviously cant afford RTX, and you want to say it's because you are smart? Rather than being jelous just work on your dreams and maybe someday you will be rich for yourself, then you will buy whetever you want.

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Woah... keep it cool guys, it's only 7 more days... don't go at each other's throat, once the benchmarks are out (19th afaik for 2080 now, 20th for 2080TI), we all will know what it can do and what it can 't...

Yes that slide (and because it's based on it, that extrapolation) certainly shows wishful thinking, even though I'd love to spend my earned cash on a kickass new card. But don't take it all for true, it's marketing talk and marketing slides and marketing pictures... none of that will fit reality.

Please guys, wait for the benchmarks before debating who's smart to not buy one or filthy rich to get two during preorders... that won't get us further and mods don't like it, and it makes waiting for real information a real PITA if you guys trigger my notifications all the time :D

cryohellinc likes this.

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Some of us are here to discuss and enjoy tech, no one is stupid for buying these cards and equally, no one is stupid for waiting (or not buying them at all).

Stupidity doesn't really come into it.

What is very stupid is attacking other users based on what they choose to do with their money, which apart from anything else, is nobody's procreating business but their own

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Well i decided to cancel my preorder for the 2x 2080 ti's. My old 1080's can still do 4k 60 fps in bf5 and shadow of the tomb raider, and i am almost willing to bet that they will do that in cyberpunk 2077 aswell, which are the games i'm going to play in the near future. So not really worth it for me forking out that much money for the 2080 ti's.

BangTail likes this.
  13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I am trying to understand the necessity for posting stuff like this in the form that you do, I can't. Can we please keep these threads clean and tidy?

14. euskai

euskai Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti STRIX
    Probably a good choice, the 2080 ti will be waiting after the reviews, it's not like they are going to run out of stock forever and there is way too little information about real performance.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I wish rich people stopped buying things so I could buy the basic things needed for life like the fastest videocard in the world. Someone is going to be pennyless for the rest of his life, just saying... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I love the internet

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    LuckyNumber8 and BangTail like this.
  15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I hear ya bud, more money to buy other stuff :)

Dragam1337 likes this.

16. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I still haven't cancelled my 2080 preorder and I doubt that I will. I am currently rocking a 970 and it is starting to feel ancient. So long as the 2080 beats the 1080 Ti in normal usage, then I will be happy with the card. If it does not, then I may cancel and just buy a 1080 Ti for almost $200 less.

pharma likes this.
  17. euskai

euskai Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti STRIX
    That´s the question, is the 2080 going to beat the 1080ti, not counting raytracing?

That´s why I haven´t pulled the trigger at an Aorus 1080ti for 500€ on ebay yet.

18. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Not that my feelings mean anything, but I bet it will beat the 1080 Ti, if only by a little, at least.

19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I'm guessing the 2080 is going to be between 5-10% faster than the Ti.

Maddness, Dragam1337 and cryohellinc like this.
  20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah, I was more referring to the guys above my post, who obviously were throwing names at each other for no reason.

edit: or below, name calling again... you see I was not referring to discussions but people take it way more serious than necessary if somebody is of a different opinion.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.