Intel Core 9x00 Processor Prices Listed at Singapore Distributor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 12, 2018.

1. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I think that games need to be programmed to be like what they want.
    I bet there are part of a frame that can be created ahead, even with different output if you decide to use more cores.
    So more core count is what games in 2018 and 2019 are not looking for, but the future can be written

2. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    More absurd than this 9700K costs USD 380 is people (fanboys) say that "will be game king"???
    I think these people does not know read charts... in 1440p and 4k THERE IS NO FPS DIFERENCE compared to RYZEN+... even ryzen...
    And than these people will pay USD 100 plus (a 2700x was sold by USD 289,00 at ebay last week) to gain no more than 3% FPS in a few games?!?!
    Think about and starts to use their brains and invest it on a better VGA, better latency Memory and how to do some good overclock and you will really "gain" true FPS on your games
    COME ON.......

3. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Buy what you want, and be happy. :)
    Have fun with Ryzen or whatever suites you're needs.

If you aren't gpu bottlenecked in 1440p, then there is difference like 1080p. In average and min fps.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    He talked about delusions. And you told that one should live delusion to fullest for sake of happiness?

5. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Completely agree.
    Yet we see 27" monitors cost £2200 and mainstream GPU £900-£1200, and still people buy them instead of boycott them.
    And anyone who complains against it, is a hater and competitor fanboy. Yet not even 1/5th of them actually buy the product.

Pure religious fanatics.

That 2700X was expensive. in UK is sold (Amazon) for £285 (2700X) and £252 (2700) which includes 20% VAT (sales tax).

And I agree with you about fine tuning. Bought a new Vega 64 Nitro+ in July (2 8-pin), spend 20 minutes tinkering the settings in wattman (downvolting/overclocking), and while is consumes 280W, it beats by country miles the performance of the GTX1080 @ 2190 i had previously. And I am not the only one who used those settings, others achieved the same perf on the Red Devil also.

Also that shows, how half a*sed the reviewers are when comes to Vega GPU reviews.

6. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    let's all be honest here ....deep down in your heart you know you want a new i9-9900k and a 2080ti......:p

Koniakki and carnivore like this.
  7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You do not review and compare GPUs overclocked. That's not fair towards masses. HH for example shows for each card OC potential separately. Apparently, without editing vBIOS and bumping power limits. But showing OC potential is not about showing maximum performance.

airbud7 likes this.
  8. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    Spot On!
    and again, due to marketing being at the helm at Intel, not only is 10nm the most expensive vaporware in history, but they can't even supply 14nm (to the appropriate market saturation of a company as big as Intel) as they have to farm out the chipsets to their biggest competitor in the fab business (TSMC)...who by the way, has stolen the crown of world's largest chip fab.

etailers and retailers have no choice but to stock AMD as they will actually have products in the warehouse ready to sell.

and i began divesting my Intel portfolio as soon as i heard the TSMC news.

if Lisa Su worked for Intel, AMD would be dead already.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Who I do not trust is some random guy who knows AMD's and intel's release dates better than them.
    Do you think someone believes you when you push intel's King this/that? Intel's IPC improvements over years became pretty poor, and fact that they are releasing double amount of cores for desktop than they did before Ryzen tells story of how much they could improve IPC in that time.
    If lucky, intel mitigates impact of Spectre/Meltdown fixes.

On other hand, Zen1 is completely new architecture. Anyone who thinks that there is not enough of low hanging fruits to deliver at least 8% IPC improvement in more than 1,5 years since original release of architecture does not know anything.
    And same goes for 7nm effect on clocks.
    Ryzen 2700X with all cores on 4,25GHz eats 180~200W under full load depending on type of workload. that's 75~95W above rated 105W. Mere power efficiency from 7nm will move such chip from ~1750 to 1950 points in CB-R15 in 105W limited scenario. 5% higher clock which is expected will move max from 4,3 to ~4,5GHz. It is that simple. Those are very low exectations (baseline, if you want).

As far as clock improvements go. From my experience, increasing multiplier did not yield stable OC above 4,35GHz at all. But increasing BCLK allowed me to go to 4,48GHz (w/o Voltage bump). This means cores themselves did not have problem, it was problem with mechanism controlling clock. If AMD fixes that... Looks like damn low hanging fruit to me.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    airbud7 likes this.
  10. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    caught my attention to this.... well i not type that OC things or tweak to maxed out the performance
    so never care much about few-fps different

saw the vids, nothing worth to notice the difference... probably only like 3-5fps difference? but that also depends on the game, BF1 is better with HT on than off

so in-term games perform better with HyperThread OFF, its probably right
    but dont think most people care about those minisucle different

and if there big difference with HT on and off, i believe its the game issue rather than HT causing the issue

11. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    People turn off HT/SMT to get higher clocks no?

I thought the whole reasoning behind turning HT off was to achieve better clock speeds on the actual cores.

I'm not sure about Zen but wondered if you have 1800x 2600x/2700x and turned off SMT can you get higher clocks on those actual 6/8c procs?

I know you might be able to save energy that way but i'm sure hardly anyone would do that unless it's proved to increase clocks hence FPS.

12. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Vega 64 Red Devil and Nitro+ have factory set clock to 1630. However without downvolting this speed is never achieved. The card depending thermal will work at around 1480-1540.
    By spending 3 minutes reducing the GPU P6 & P7 voltage by 170mv (-12%) without touching the clocks, the performance jumps quite a lot alongside the clocks. (no overclocking). If you set P7 from 1630 to 1655, the card jumps speed to 1620s (not even factory clocks) while operating almost similarly to a GTX1080 @ 2164 - 2190 overclock.
    And all these at 270-280W. Nowhere near the 330-370W Guru3d has on their review.....

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I know it since I used to have Fury X. VBIOS: Undervolting and for fringe scenarios bumping all power limits. W/o any OC I had higher performance than many reviewers with OC.
    Most tragic reviewers had actually same or lower performance than they had at stock clock.

But it still does not change fact, that it is AMD's responsibility to set those voltages. And good reviewers will deliver result for power states which you get upon buying that cards.

14. devastator

devastator Master Guru

GPU:
    rx7900xt sapphire
    this seems very interesting if only intel didnt take the foot of the pedal :)

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    So, do you run your CPU with HT OFF?

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Thanks for the laugh guys. Almost made me spill my coffee.

Fox2232 likes this.