Shadow of the Tomb raider

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Apparently the flicker goes completely away in dx12 with sli, if you use TAA - it is very heavy on the performance though, using roughly 20% more gpu power than smaa.

Smaa with dx12 + sli

[​IMG]

Taa with dx12 + sli

[​IMG]

It should be noted that i have 16x 3.0 pcie lanes for each gpu + HB sli bridge - it may run noticably worse for people that only has 8 pcie lanes for each gpu, as taa significantly increases the traffic between the gpus.

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
  3. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    To the ones who got the 'early access' - did you buy the game from steam, or a 3rd party place selling for cheaper?

4. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    cd keys for £42 :)

5. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan

gtx 1080ti,sli

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Steam :)

7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    this game got some serious tessellation on rocks the fps drops by at least 8fps when i'm climbing

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Issue is probably the level of tesselation, rather than the amount... if they stuck to using x16 tesselation, rather than x64, it wouldn't be nearly as demanding :)

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Sli scaling is nothing less than superb... 37 fps in the benchmark with single gpu, 70 fps with sli - means sli scaling of a very respectable 89 % !

Single gpu

[​IMG]

Sli

[​IMG]

BangTail likes this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    If anyone else gets the flickering bug, i found out that it's caused by hbao. You can get rid of it by setting it to btao before entering the game, and then change it back to hbao once you are inside the game. Then the flickering should be gone.

BangTail likes this.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, I was just using it as an example that Denuvo doesn't make games take longer to start up.
    As DOOM takes forever... but Wolf 2, Mad Max... MGSV... those all startup really, really fast.

12. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    My brother bought me the Croft Edition as a late bday present on Steam.

Ive only ran the benchmark so far, but on a 1080ti and a 8700k @ 4.7 and ultrawide 3440x1440 I average about 65 fps with everything on ultra and SMAA2Tx. I was honestly expecting a bit higher frame rate with my level of rig but perhaps there will be some patches. There goes my dream of running this at 4k 60 fps on my theater system :(

Edit: And now I am highly annoyed. I can't enable vsync when I put the game on my third monitor (HDR TV). It CTD every time I try to change any options that relate to fullscreen, exclusive fullscreen and sometimes resolution. No matter what, vsync will not enable. I will check the Steam forums.

Edit 2: Got it to work by disabling both my monitors after making my tv the primary display. Holy crap, the HDR in this game is unlike anything I have ever seen. Its mind blowing. Unfortunately, custom resolutions do not work for some reason, so I have to play with 43 fps avg at 4k. Guess I can wait for another patch...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  13. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Wow, just got an amazing glitch

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    MaCk0y and lucidus like this.
  14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've seen that bug pop up in so many games... it's lost it's impact on me.

Game is set to have a character in a certain area already, but also have a scripted moment with that same character in that moment. And so, it spawns both entities instead of replacing the default one with the scripted event.

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    How can you use different games to benchmark something? That makes zero sense :-/

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    You aren't going to get 4k 60 fps with a single 1080 ti, no patch is going to make that kind of difference. The performance of this game is in line with that of rise of the tomb raider, so expect it to stay like that.

But would would improve your performance quite a bit by just using taa instead of the one you're using now.

17. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Game will arrive tomorrow for the PS4 Pro! :)

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Imagine how many people would have SLI (and fast processors) if every game had such good scaling as this one :p

Looks like 2080Ti is required for playing this game at 4K/60fps. Quite sad :( But on the other hand...running the past game in 4K/60fps wasn't possible either with an OCd 1080Ti, I had to tweak a small number of settings to make it work and it still looked awesome (even Geothermal valley ran at 60fps). So maybe it's possible here too? Kick down Shadows and stuff like that a notch and see what you can achieve :)

19. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-test-gpu-cpu
    Results looks much better compared to previous benchmark from that German site. I wonder if 1080ti can run console settings (medium settings according to digital foundry) at 60fps. Someone can test it?

I also wonder how shadow of the tomb raider will look and run on RTX cards. If DLSS will look similar to real 4K native and give 70% performance boost, that game should run like 70fps-90fps in 4K.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    What?
    Not really sure if you're seriously or being sarcastic.