Apple's new iPhone could have have big screen and big price

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by airbud7, Sep 12, 2018.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    It is an Apple event day. That’s when the company lets the world know what new products and updates to current products are on the way.

Apple is expected to blast further past the $1,000 price barrier when it launches new iPhones on Wednesday, according to Reuters.

The new top model is expected to have a 6.5-inch screen with an edge-to-edge display and be called the iPhone X Plus or Max.

It would have an OLED display with richer colors, and Wall Street is targeting a price of $1,049 or $1,099 versus the current $999 base price for the iPhone X.

Apple's market capitalization has passed $1 trillion and the company needs to sustain revenue growth.

One way to do that is sell more phones at higher prices.

A second phone with a 5.8-inch OLED display, likely called the iPhone Xs, would be similar to the iPhone X but with an improved processor.

Analysts say the real focus may be on a model with 6.1-inch display, potentially called the iPhone 9. The big display is expected to use lower-cost LCD technology but look more like last year's iPhone X.

In addition to new models, Apple is also expected to unveil new wireless Airpods earbuds, an Apple Watch with a bigger display and maybe a wireless charging mat.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Apple needs to be innovative in fields other than just making their phones bigger. If they don't make the jump into new fields (like the Apple iCar :D) they're too dependant on their current community to flash out more and more money for "yet another iPhone". But hey, the fanboys keep Apple alive, they have to be thankful for such a dedicated herd uhm fanbase.

airbud7 and warlord like this.
  3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It all depends how much premium is someone willing to pay for iOS vs Android. Hardware wise, Android phones have far surpassed iOS ones for ages. Apple is just an e-peen brand name for years. Nothing special, nothing innovative, nothing extraordinary, only an apple.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    IMHO, their innovativeness has greatly suffered with the death of Jobs. But it's no surprise, if Jobs wouldn't have been there, Apple wouldn't even exist anymore.

5. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    How many times can lemmings just off a cliff?

They will have another opportunity it seems.

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    $1099 for the 64GB Xs Max FOH. Sticking with my 8 for another year or two.

The Xr was interesting but too stipped down for $749 starting price. I'm surprised they are keeping the 8 around I would figure keep the 7 around instead to push sales of the over priced mid-range phone. Instead I see the 8 about to get a bump in sales sue to the new lower price for what really is a good phone.

8. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Apple are charging UK customers more than Americans customers for the same iphones. For instance the iphone XR is $749 for the 64GB variant. The price is £749 on the UK apple store. $749 is NOT equal to £749. $749 is £573.81. Of course you'd have to add on the 20% tax for UK products which still only brings the price up to approximately £690. Why the frak are these assholes adding on an extra £60 for UK customers?

lucidus likes this.
  9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Because you'll buy it anyway. In a sense, it's your own fault. Stop buying it, then they'll sell it at the normal price.

(What I'm trying to say here is that pricing depends on what people are willing to pay, not on what it's actually worth.)

Clawedge and airbud7 like this.
  10. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I haven't bought an iphone since the iphone6S. Regardless, the pricing looks like a 100% genuine frakup because they haven't taken into account the currency exchange values.

11. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Are people still buying this? Sheesh.

Well, you know what they say about a fool and his money....

12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Bam!.....no truer words have been spoken!

13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    6.5 inch screen lol

14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    a trillion-dollar company = a damn phone?

I'm definitely getting old....saying hello just cost a lot more ....

15. *sigggggghhhhhhhhhh....* they just need a facebook like event(s) to affect their stock - was crazy when that happened I'd wake up to find them dropping in market value (FB) 50 Bill in a day... oh Apple... I wish it upon you too...

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow the iphone xr is for approx $845 on their site in my region and it's the cheaper one? I prefer ios over android but not at that price lol. Anyway, it's okay :p I intend to hold on to my 8 for 3-5 years as it is.

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    For the longest time they've been associated with small sub-5" screens. Guess they are trying to make up for that.

18. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    If you count the notch. It's probably less screen surface area than Samdung's offerings.

It's probably going to start at $1.4K in Canada, no thanks, shove it up wherever your species traditionally crams things Apple.

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I need a button on the front. FaceID is just...something something something dark side.

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The worst part of the whole thing, is I had a chance to use the iPhone X for a little bit as a demo. I hated the notch and I hate it enough to not get an X, Xr, XS, whatever X you want to call it and actual performance, usage, and the whole gesture navigation is awesome. But that damn notch, and that price too is just horrible. It's a very solid platform, but I just can't justify paying a minimum $1k for a premium device, and paying $750 for a device with lower 1080p display.

StewieTech likes this.