Forza Horizon 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2018.

1. haanuman

haanuman Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX
    Nice! I am super excited about this because Crew 2 just turned down my expectations really badly.

2. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I found the overboard presentation in Forza Horizon 3 off-putting. I only tried the demo, but that made it clear it's also just not my style of racing game.

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I'm definitely not buying another UWP game.

Bought Forza Motorsport 7 and have no sound ingame. Nothing seems to work. Even disabled all audio devices EXCEPT the one I need and still no sound.

4. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Can't play driving games that don't have VR support anymore, just can't do it, so this is a miss for me.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  7. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    I'm having the same problem with this demo! Runs great other than that. Prerendered videos have sound, while everything in game doesn't.

8. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    27.83 GB mate

yup i've an issue with sounds. idk !!

-Tj- likes this.
  9. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Demo sucks, no sound during gameplay and constantly crashes if graphics settings changes above default settings. Only thing working good is benchmark mode. Using Nvidia's latest drivers also.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Gotta love this 400 Mbps fibre connection... 5 mins and the game has already loaded 11 GB of its 28 GB install on my PC! Makes the Microsoft Store look a lot less crap as my previous experience with games bought on the Store is having to wait anything from half a day to a full day for a download... if I'm lucky as they would invariably error out and, on clicking Retry, start from the beginning again!!! How a company like Microsoft can code such an abysmal digital platform is beyond me; it's almost like they ported the Xbox One version over without any optimisation for PC (I say that because I've not had any problems downloading content on either my old Xbox One or the Xbox One X; although it did tend to hog my old 10 Mbps internet connection at times).

*EDIT*
    16.5 GB downloaded... almost done. Really looking forward to trying this demo as the UK setting and proven Forza Horizon gameplay really appeal to me as a more casual racing fan.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Smooth as silk. Perfect port.

Susahamat likes this.
  12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's exactly what I thought while playing the game too. Runs absolutely fantastic without a single hitch or stutter at around 90 fps on 2560x1440, maxed out settings (including 8xMSAA, FXAA, dynamic settings off and all sliders maxed to High/Ultra/Extreme as applicable). Playground Games have really learnt from the mess that was Forza Horizon 3 at launch. Visually the game is lovely if a little fake looking/cartoony in places (the bright vibrant colours and mediocre character models for example). Even maxed out there is some noticeable draw in, especially on shadows and grass, but after a couple of minutes I completely forgot about it and just enjoyed the game.

It's pretty much Forza Horizon 3.5 in terms of gameplay with the same Xtreme Sport-style presentation and voice-overs, a very familiar arcade-handling model (where each car still feels different) and a superb sense of speed. The demo is really generous and comes will a decent amount of content (just keep skipping past the Buy option that pops up from time to time). The music (the demo includes a selection of radio stations, my favourite being Pulse) is excellent, if a little quiet, and sound effects are great. Voice-overs are fine but predictably patronising, praising every thing you do, whether you did it well or not! Noticed the lip-syncing was pretty poor though in the cutscenes.

Gripes are few. The intro showcases the season changing aspect of the game transitioning impressively between autumn, winter, spring and summer and would have been seamless if it wasn't for the fact that these run at 30 fps so it is rather jarring IMO. Not sure if these transitions feature in the game outside of this intro sequence though so it may be a none issue in the game itself once you get past that. The framerate was rock solid in the hour I played the game for and said demo was installed to a 7,200rpm SATA3 hard drive as well and not an SSD. Even the loading times are brief.

Absolutely excellent showcase for the game IMO and well worth checking out if you're a fan of the serious or curious about how it plays. I was almost tempted to buy the Ultimate Edition right now but common sense prevailed and I decided I will wait until nearer the release date which is the end of this month. Don't see the point in pre-ordering this game straight away anyway as Microsoft charge immediately rather than when the game is released. I will check out the game on my Xbox One X tomorrow but I suspect that it doesn't look anywhere near as good as the PC version maxed out.

Susahamat likes this.
  13. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    it seems updating sound driver it fixed for me. i had outdate realtek when upgraded to latest version the sound issue is removed. try unplug sound cable 3.5mm or try reboot your pc

btw i'm very happy with performance running smooth af in my system (980ti,i7 6700k,Ultrawide(2560x1080)) with Ultra/Extreme Preset but i've disabled night shadows because kills the performance when night. in video settings a lot missing features here like multhreaded optimization, Maximum Pre-rendered options , hopefully dev added in one day launch.

yup its kind annoyed for me . because that's pre rendered cutscenes rather than real time cutscenes

fragba1t likes this.
  14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Absolutely great game ! Runs smooth as butter , tons of fun. Cannot wait for the release date since i kind of got tired of FH3 already. Looking forward to playing and racing with some of you guys. It seems Turn10 and Microsoft Studios learned their lesson from the past Forza launches , this is the smoothest one.

15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I tried the demo on the XBX at 4k 30fps, simply astonishing, blown away completely, and the implementation of hdr is the best i have seen in any game, the game devs and the MS engineers deserve a pat on the back, just phenomenal visuals and performance.

chispy likes this.

16. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    Has anybody else seen a small stutter each time a notification appears on screen (example, drift score multiplier). I'm seeing this issue in Fh4 and I had the same issue with Forza Horizon 3. Framerate is holding a steady 90 - 120fps.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not on my side. No stutter anywhere on my experience.

fluidz likes this.
  18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I benchmarked the game running at 4K with every slider maxed out to Extreme or Ultra where applicable, running the internal benchmark , all the bells and whistles turned on :). Running on my Ryzen 2700x at 4.3Ghz and 16GB dram at DDR4-3600 / Nvidia GTX 1080Ti at 2126/1500Mhz. It runs very fluid at 66fps average with one or two quick dips only to 57fps ( unnoticeable ) , max 80 fps. The game it's very multithreaded optimized and uses all my 16 threads equally around ~25% cpu usage , GPU pegged at 99~100 usage and video ram usage is 6173Mb ( Awaiting new optimized nvidia driver for this game it will get better )
    , System memory ram it uses around 8GB , HDD usage on my Adata 8200 512GB Nvme it's all over the place during the benchmark run , i saw very heavy usage of the Nvme. Game seems very well made and optimized for today's hardware. 4K 60fps achievable most likely on Nvidia Titans / 1080Ti /1080 /1070Ti or AMD Vega 64 / Vega 56.

Here are the results for comparison purposes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    MerolaC likes this.
  19. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Good lord, the Optimization is supreme!
    [​IMG]
    1080p

chispy likes this.
  20. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    music seems to have static to it. audio drivers are up to date.