The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hi there Amaze , i was away for the whole weekend and just came back now sorry for the delay answering to you. I will post some useful info later today.

kind regards: Chispy

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Amaze likes this.
  3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    1st step, move tRFC to 260ns (390clk at 3000MHz). Check formula as you are going to be updating it a lot in tests as you bump memory clock by 33/66MHz.
    tRC is bit on high side, so can likely go down a lot.
    tRDRDSCL/tWRWRSCL to 4, maybe even 3, but leave 3 for later.

jimpsar, Amaze and chispy like this.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I used to have Hynix ram to test but i do not have any at hand anymore :/ so my help will be limited, only Samsung B die and Micron memory on my Ryzen set ups , but i will do my best to help you out. We are really going to need the help of other Gurus like @Fox2232 who have the knowledge and the way around Hynix chips.

Guys out there with Ryzen set ups running Hynix Ram please help out this Guru brother @Amaze , thank you in advanced.

Amaze , have you tried overclocking the Ram to 3200Mhz ?

Amaze likes this.
  6. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Isn't it better to tighten timings than increase frequency?
    I haven't tried either no. I tried the calculator app once but it was a complete failure.

chispy likes this.
  7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    From my testing 3000MHz CL14 performed around same as 3200MHz CL16. Mathematically there should be around 7% advantage from primary timings on 3000MHz + CL14. But secondary, tertiary timings are same and carry proportional advantage to higher clocks.

With calculator... try newest one, a lot of things were updated. Find exactly your chips. Do not blindly copy values for timings, that's not where value of calculator comes from. It hints about resistances and voltages at certain clocks. And it is damn accurate in that perspective.

Amaze likes this.
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I did use the newest one. I imported xmp from Typhoon and set it to fast and copied every setting I could find in the bios. Wouldn't even post.
    Can give it another go.

Another thing was, clicking R-XMP in the calculator gives different values than the image from Typhoon.

10. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    What helped me with my ram was looking over the ram settings all the individuals over at overclock.net were using. The tertiary timings the calculator suggests still will not work for this rig. The one item the calculator did get right for me were the resistances except for ProcODT. My rig likes either 48 or 53.3. 60 works fine for looser timings. Also Rttnom only worked at either disabled or 7 (disabled was for looser timings). Rttwr always disabled/off. Rttpark always had the best results with 5. Not sure what your bios gives access to. Prime95 v 2810 for small fft in place to get cpu stable is what did the trick for me. Running the cpu at the speed I wanted and only the ram speed (timings were extremely loose for this). Ram test was a god send for checking out the timings. The calculator is a good reference tool for places to start tweaking.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD’s Next-Gen, 7nm Based EPYC Rome 64 Core CPU Allegedly Pictured and Benchmark – 2019’s Fastest Multi-Core Processor For Servers In The Making

The leak shows an AMD engineering sample which is about the same size and dimensions as the current EPYC ‘Naples’ series of processors.
    The codename and ID have been blocked out which is why we cannot tell whether this is real or not but the benchmark that is shown for this chip is also very interesting.

The chip was tested in Cinebench R15 multi-thread benchmark and the chip scores an astonishing 12,587 points which are beyond anything current-generation processors can achieve.
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX scores around 5500 points in the same benchmark with 32 cores and 64 threads. The score we are looking at in the leaks shows more than twice the performance of the flagship Threadripper SKU.
    There’s also the EPYC 7601 SKU which scores around 6000 points that is due to the octa-channel memory support compared to the quad channel on the Threadripper CPUs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jagman, Webhiker and chispy like this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Interesting to watch....
    Yes im using P.lasso for my Gaming & work.

Jagman and chispy like this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Just lol :oops:
    -> China, those hungry Bilions :D (For Great & Affordable* AMD/ATI)

Demand for AMD Chipset Motherboards in China Causes Supply Shortage

According to a report from EXPreview, the sudden demand for lower end AMD motherboards in China is causing a supply shortage.
    The A320 chipset is nearly completely out of stock due to special bundling deals with the A8-9600 APU.
    The B450 models are in short supply also as motherboard manufacturers Asus and Gigabyte struggle to meet demand. MSI B450 boards have risen in price recently due to the shortage of the other models. The high end X470 chipset hasn't been affected by shortages.

AMD motherboard shipments are tight over in China, leading to mass shortages as major suppliers' factories can't keep up.
    But, unlike Intel's 14nm shortage, which has been impacting most of Intel's supply chain, this looks to be a symptom of a sudden explosion in demand for AMD motherboards across the country.

Note
    * Affordable is not 'cheap' ;)
    Look at Build Quality

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Jagman, chispy and Fox2232 like this.
  15. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Attempting to oc my 2700x but not having a fun time of it. I turned off PBO and core boost and set the multi to 40 but the computer wouldn't post, now I'm at 3.7Ghz so...yeah. In the BIOS I have two options, fid and did (oh no you didn't) so just set fid to 40 but the computer didn't like that at all. Help. Oh, I should mention that I can't find any option relating to XFR2 and that the reason for all this is because I really don't like how the 2700x behaves when left to default. The core speed and voltage spikes (and resulting up and down of the cpu fan noise) is doing my head in. Just want a stable 4Ghz.

16. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Motherboard is x470 prime pro. I'm hesitant to oc now because if what happened and a lot of answers online just say leave it to xfr2. :/

ram is g.skill flare-x 3200cl14 it's b-die and everything *shrug*

chispy likes this.
  17. devastator

devastator Master Guru

GPU:
    rx7900xt sapphire
    has anyone hit 4.5ghz on ryzen 2700x i can only get 4.3ghz with 1.43v even taken it to 1.5v cant get any more and i turn of 2cores to see if i can take the mhz highter but no luck

chispy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.