419.62 Vulkan Dev Win 10 x64 SLIM + 1.1.101.0 RT Installer: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Exostenza, Dec 10, 2017.

1. newbiefx

newbiefx Guest

GPU:
    What, you have modifications in INFs? Which one? Or are you talking about setup.cfg?

2. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I modded the setup.cfg so that the geforce experience is no longer required to be in the package in order to install so the file is much smaller. It is all explained in the OP.

3. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    I think you mean deprecated

4. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    No problem!

mapnam charun likes this.

5. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I guess I will provide the Vulkan drivers with no bloat now as that isn't happening from anyone else and I always have the desire to contribute.

Let me know if you all like this and I will continue to do so.

mapnam charun and Blackfyre like this.
  6. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Yes, please continue doing what you do, we really appreciate it. Thank you. <3

7. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Will do! :)

mapnam charun likes this.
  8. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    "No bloat." Utter snake oil nonsense.

Unless you live in a shack next to the unibomber and share most of his sensibilities, downloading a 400 mb driver is fine and whatever telemetry there is harmless, you boobs.

Are you hand cranking your internet like a T-model Ford?

9. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Calm down, take your pills and use double the amount, because its clearly not having the desired effect.

It's not a "nonsense", if you aren't ignorant towards the performance of your system and how clean it is - cleaning your driver is an easy and relevant thing to do. Besides nobody stops you from using the standard one, so move alone buddy.

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm sorry but there is no difference in performance between this "clean" version and the one you may download from nvidia.com.

11. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    You made an assumption that most users want the bloat-free version of the drivers solely because of telemetry, when for most of us, it has little to do with that really.

I don't use the nVidia Experience application anymore; I don't use its overlays in games, nor do I want it to optimise my games. I don't need the 3D Drivers or Shadowplay folders, etc.

So I don't know what you have against people cleaning their drivers from all the extra files, folders, and programs that they find completely unnecessary. No telemetry is just an added bonus really that I also appreciate.

cookieboyeli and jdc2389 like this.
  12. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Depends on how you measure it, in my case, I can achieve +/- 0.5%-1.5% improvement across various benchmarks. + it makes me sleep better.

But if you use nvidias services, then by all means.

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, I have a feeling that this one is more about OCD than performance or anything.

14. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    It's just that, a feeling.

15. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Someone is bound to be having a bad day and post on that day. I think it prudent to just ignore such posts as discussing them usually only ends up in pointless conversation and thread clutter. Maybe this person will see the error of their ways and maybe they won't. Unless they have a legitimate question about what these drivers do over the original ones what is the point of even engaging?

We all know the benefit from the drivers that cryohellinc and I make and why so many people download and appreciate them; nothing needs defending here.

16. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
  17. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Nice try Nvidia! ;)

18. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Updated OP with latest RT installer:

Newest Vulkan RT Installer: 04-Oct-2018 1.1.85.0

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

Another update for the VLK drivers, now up to Vulkan 1.1.88.0 in terms of SDK support.

These do not support Turing yet, you need a 400 series driver for this.

Decided to check after I noticed DXVK was updated and mentioned a newer driver and yep one was indeed released earlier today. ( https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/695 )

EDIT: Which I don't think there was any generic VLK driver threads and it's mostly been separate topics for each driver so this probably works well as a more recent thread. :)

That and the 411 and 416 drivers are probably better overall even if the Vulkan extensions are a bit less up to date (Should still sit at 1.1.84.0 compatibility though and maybe 1.1.85.0 as the latest release version for all I know with the newest driver release.) so this is probably more for anyone using Vulkan for development and using the new extensions brought in with 1.1.88.0 here. :)

And well DXVK is mostly for Linux and WINE although it does work on Windows but it's faster (Performance wise.) to just go with D3D11 though the performance gap has shrunk a fair bit now.

EDIT: Though eventually there should be a 400 series driver for Vulkan too and bringing in Turing GPU support and the other differences from the newer branch of drivers.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    -Tj- likes this.
  20. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Thanks, will update OP.