Benchmark analysis: Battlefield V Open Beta: PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 6, 2018.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    What a terrible game. The performance is pretty decent around 120-160fps Ultra 1440p using the BF1 SLI profile and usage is around 70-95%.

However, the game is just boring, the maps are way too big even for 64 players, the graphics look like quite a step down from previous BF games. Its littered with post process effects that add nothing but smears and blurs to textures and the overall image. Spotting people is basically a task within it self. I am VERY disappointed with the game graphically, performance can only get better though so that is a plus.

I like the time to kill, which has been dramatically decreased which is by far the best thing they have done with this game. I can not tell u how many times I played BF before and emptying an entire clip into a guy with every bullet getting a hit marker for him to shrug it off and run away was beyond infuriating. This game has solved that issue 100%, now people drop within 5-6 bullets and like 1-2 to the head.

But I just feel like this is going to be a very short lived BF game. People are already sick of the WW1/2 setting again and all they want is modern combat again.... guess you can't please everyone.

Rx4speed and -Tj- like this.
  2. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well this performance doesn't look too bad in this review: 118fps for 1070ti with DX11 at 1080p all maxed out. 1070ti scores the same (2% more) than my overclocked GTX 1070 in Timespy Graphics Score, so I should be ok with my GTX 1070 for close to 144fps because I don't even run BF1 maxed out (AA off, Lighting Quality High), so if I run the same slightly reduced settings in BF V I reckon I'll see close to 144fps, although I'll be increasing the viewable angle to 90 degrees Horizontal which will reduce fps a bit. I reckon I'll get a good experience in this game with GTX 1070, not far off BF1 in framerate, might have to reduce one more setting to get the same framerate I'm seeing in BF1 though - good result! Thanks for the review Hilbert, looking forward to a review post launch, with RTX etc.

EDIT: or I could just download the open beta & test it myself....downloading now!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  3. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    It's beta though..

4. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    Running @ 7720x1440 100hz eyefinity with 3 R9-390's. 50% res. Getting 60-70 FPS in game. On 17.12.2 drivers as well. Pretty happy with how its playing currently.

5. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    Trolling much? :D

6. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    That's pretty impressive performance. What settings did you use.

7. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    I still get the feeling Dice use a DX12 wrapper for their DX11 render path and just add some eye candy on top of that. If in 2018 your "DX12" game still performs worse then 11 it's likely that it is not a native DX12 title to begin with.

8. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    Currently running on high settings, have blur and other stuff turned off.

OnnA and Maddness like this.
  9. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    i do not understand a thing on the article but the pictures with the sliders are really cool !

10. Alienwarez567

Alienwarez567 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    The game seems poorly optimized compared to last years battlefront 2 that ran like a champ on my PC and looked as good as this does.

11. Alienwarez567

Alienwarez567 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    I love that you cant spot people anymore it makes the game so much better in my opinion. I for one love to get back to WW 2 setting in BF

12. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    It's very good optimized for an beta. Scales good on hardware. You just need faster hardware, if fps is low ;)

3440x1440 ultrasettings

1080ti 85-90fps
    2x 1080ti sli 135-140 fps

Using 85-90% on 12 threads using sli. Tested 7900x and 7980xe.
    4 core IS dead finally :D

2700x is an very good alternative in BF V so far.

13. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    I'm a huge BF fan and have played since 1942. I don't even want to play the BETA anymore. I played about an hour or so and the game feels pointless and dead. Something feels really crappy about this BF game. Hype is not present in any measure within me. May actually not buy this one for once.

14. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I just downloaded the Beta & tested it briefly regarding graphics. With my 6700K (4.6Ghz) + GTX 1070 (2050Mhz), I can get consistently over 100fps at 1080p - this is with everything maxed out except Lighting Quality High, Post Processing Quality High, TAA Low. I can't get it to be consistent at 144fps, but it's fluctuating from 100-130fps for the most part. This is with the GPU at 100% load, so I'm GPU limited at this point - the CPU is being used about 70%, so 4C/8T Intel CPUs should have no problem with this title if they're overclocked and from Skylake onwards. I'm gonna try what settings I need to run to get 144 fps consistently & then I'll edit this post.

Gameplay & Graphics Impressions: MEH, prefer BF1 at this point, but I only really play TDM and they don't offer that in the beta. Graphics, they gotta give us option to remove AA, I hate the enforced TAA, looks like crap & AA not really necessary in fast paced game in my opinion.

EDIT: did some further testing reducing graphics settings to try and get 144 fps consistently. Disabling HBAO helped a lot, but looked like ass without it. Lowering Lighting Quality & Post Processing Quality lower than High didn't seem to help much while looking worse. I think I'd have to reduce "Word Game Detail" type settings to get 144 fps consistently, and I just can't be bothered doing that when you can't disable TAA - this game looks like complete ass with blurry TAA, just looks like you're rendering everything at a lower than native resolution, absolute ass when you expect so much more from PC gaming, this is not PC gaming!! Hopefully will run better when/if they provide the option to remove all AA. I mean it's not running bad, it's smooth, and 100-135fps, viewing angle increased to 90 degrees, at 1080p at max settings apart from Lighting Quality High, Post Processing Quality High, TAA low - just looks like ass with blurry TAA being forced on us. Not playing this anymore until they provide an option to remove AA.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  15. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Nvidia's driver seems to have fixed the issues they had with the alpha.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I didn't benchmark much, and kept the suggested settings for the first games (it says "max fidelity" and reads like all's maxed although greyed out), and my performance under DX11 is comparable to DX11 BF1, and ofc better than DX12 (by ~10% what I see compared to Hilbert's benchmarks).
    Still not the least of a reason to use DX12, especially if you don't use DXR with the game once it's released.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  17. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I played just less than an hour, and it feels pretty undynamic, anaemic & boring. I do actually like BF1, but this BF V game doesn't feel like it has any atmosphere or soul, as well as feeling undynamic & slow. That's the best way I can describe it, plus the forced TAA which I've been banging on about until people puke!

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    Well i wont be buying this game.
    its way to politically correct and just contaminated the history with lies and overly represented happening..

19. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    b-b-but what if my daughter asks me "why can’t I make a character that looks like me?"

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    They had a choice to make on this:

1. Annoy fans of Battlefield.
    2. Annoy fans of FPS games.
    3. Annoy everyone and slowly destroy the share price of EA.
    They went for option 3.

[​IMG]

-Tj- and fantaskarsef like this.