AMD Announcing New Athlon Consumer and Ryzen PRO Processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    tunejunky likes this.
  2. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I loved my Athlon 64 AMD is really pushing the CPU market awesome

typhon6657 likes this.
  3. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    A7 = Athlon 7
    n = nForce 2
    8X = 8X AGP controller
    I want to build a retro gaming PC based off that board and a Radeon 9700 Pro.

typhon6657 likes this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    There's still an Athlon standing in sight of where I sit right now... I wonder if it still works.

5. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Actually I had that same setup but with a 9600.
    I remember the nVidia nForce 2 audio control panel was sick for its time:
    https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/mainboard/429-nvidia-nforce2/?page=4

typhon6657 likes this.
  6. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    hello HTPC.
    low power streaming with actual functionality. so much better than the tv apps which (depending on versions and tvs) are slower than hell and cannot multi-task.
    and you can buy a freesync monitor (or Samsung tv).
    AMD has strengthened their grip on the entry level to the modest (in pocketbook) enthusiast.

7. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    'Vat isss goingg on, here....? The Name-Change shuffle?...;)

8. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Me too but could never get it oc`d.

Barry J likes this.
  9. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Guest

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    Had a opteron x64 overclocked and lapped with geforce 7600 n 9600gso could hardly play FEAR lol good times. Least ut2003 and diablo2 worked. Overall, this cpu line i dont like should of been made to plug on am3 and fm2. Or sold to oem for embedded consumer products.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Requires different IMC. Fragments product line support. At time you no longer build old chipset, people will not be happy about their dead MB when they bought new good CPU 6 months prior failure. With such ancient chipsets, it is better to sunset them.
    There are B450 and A420 chipsets. They do much better job as they have DDR4 and M.2 slot. And price tag is darn small on some of them too.

pimpineasy likes this.

11. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Guest

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    Im pc enthusiasts not amd cock fluffer. Athlon should be sunseted if it trash line up. It make more sense as a budget friendly ipc upgrade path for last generation socket then trash useless cpu on current socket. My fm2 has more features then most the am4 buget boards and i paid like $60 for it years ago.
    https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A88M-G3.1/
    Fragmenting your line up with trash products isnt good for your company's image. Nor is it good for consumer because we are likely to get bloated bugg drivers & never get updates. Maybe you be long on their board too single digit per share real quick they literally repeating the same process of failure even intel cant hit tripple digit shares. Funny how some china trash arm mediatek with trash gpu n power management can be worth more then these innovative corporation with decades of r&d.
    There is not much difference from ddr3 to 4 besides clock speed. So if your not jumping to like premium priced ddr4 3400 kit you wont notice much. Yeah fm2 and am3 should of got some ipc gains because they been selling false advertised trash for a decade. The box says quad core you load windows says it dual core with fake news hyperthreading or it says apu 2.6ghz and it running at 1.4ghz with gpu in use or downclocks at 100% load. Intel dont even list turbo boost crap anymore.
    If i wasnt into online pc gaming Id likey go buy the new budget smart phone, last yrs model, or new consoles on sale, then build a pc right now because im getting way more value.

Phone 2018 $100 8 core 2ghz cpu, 1080 ips, 4gb ram, 16/32gb storage w/ cheap expandable sd, gpu, wireless, size & heat, battery life better then laptop, f2p pubg getting better fps then rx570, moble apps vs pc suite way more competitively priced, ect

Pc 2018 $400 2006 cpu hardware released 2018, cheap mobo crap features & no radios, 4gb ram even tho win 10 needs min 12gb. Missing build components and software licences.

Xbox ps4 ect $300

2018 pc should look more like 8 core 4ghz, mobo with radios, 32gb ddr4 quad channel support, 512gb nvme, vega 56 or 1070ti. Likey see this 2030 after they rebadge it 3 times an waste developers times designing a gimp product then adding product ids n crap to drivers n make files instead of working on performance updates.

2018 Buget build $1500
    6core 4ghz, 16gb ram, 256gb ssd, vega 56
    They over fragmented to spoof thier mid range into the high price bracket but customers are tired of 10% for $1500 and you buy anything less it will perform worst then your legacy hardware that you spent like $500 on.

I could get 2 consoles, a new phone, a legacy intel desktop, catch a sexual harassment charge from slapping lisa sue's booty meat and still spend less then a mid range 2018 pc build.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  12. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    It is crazy seeing how motherboards changed visually..this was a top-tier gamer motherboard in 2002:

https://images.anandtech.com/reviews/motherboards/roundups/2002/Q4/nForce2/asus/board.jpg

How am I supposed to play UT2003 without LEDs, black paint and military print?