EK Releasing GeForce RTX 2000 Series Water Blocks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    EK is introducing its new generation of high-performance water blocks for the newly announced NVIDIA GeForce RTX series graphics cards, based on Turing TU104 and Turing TU102 graphics processor. The i...

EK Releasing GeForce RTX 2000 Series Water Blocks

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    heh, coincidentally I was checking their site just yesterday, nothing there by then. I'd probably go with one of their blocks again if I upgrade to Turing.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Functional work of art. While I like AIO solutions over full custom loops, I love how those blocks look.

tunejunky likes this.
  4. gydj

gydj Guest

Come on, the card can do ray tracing, you should at least pair addressable RGB strips with it!:eek:

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    The RGB waterblocks come with an adressable RGB LED. Only 20$ more :D

6. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    so sexy.
    i'll just have to wait. my 1080ti/monitor combo is fine until one of them dies. actually, it's going into it's 3rd build...
    from x99 to x399 to x399 matx...
    i spent all of the rtx 2080ti ducats on a 2950x...i think i'll get a better return and usage lol.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    If I would be getting RTX and waterblock then for sure I wouldn't get EK, have 3 of EK blocks, they perform pretty much good, no issues, just their look or quality etc is not the best if you are comparing to Phanteks or Heatkiller or even Barrow or Bykski which do looks better and perform within 1-2°C as max

Used like Phanteks or Heatkiller blocks and still prefer to use them if I could, used few times Barrow or Bykski and they been faultless and temperatures has been similar like with EK blocks

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

8. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Just remember you get what you pay for with watercooling. Even if you don't get leaks (which most of the big Chinese brands like Barrow and XSPC are pretty good about now), the quality of the metals used can be an issue. If a Barrow block costs 1/2 what a Bitspower or EK one does, they had to get that savings from somewhere, and the quality/purity of the copper and nickels used is likely where. Lower quality metals have more impurities that can leech into your fluids and clog the microchannels in the loop over time.

I am not saying that you SHOULDN'T use Barrow or XSPC stuff, but if you do, be diligent about your loop maintenance.

9. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Looks like these have standard 12v non-addressable RGB, which is strange because the 1080 blocks had addressable ones. I suppose market penetration on addressable stuff isn't quite there yet.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

I use only on my loop Barrow or Bykski fittings and never have any issues, currently my loop is running same fittings around 3 or more years and no issues, they're same as I bought them

Regarding the blocks, have use most of the manufacturers like on my builds or builds for friends and no issues

Quality of metals, have good look on EK nickel plated blocks which are prone to flaking after while, there is big thread over on OCN due this I'm not very keen to use their Nickel plated blocks, have one but I use Mayhems coolants only and no issues, friend used EK coolants and his block started to flake, I suspect he have in loop silver which you shouldn't use with nickel at all

I quite like people who never run or tried Barrow or Bykski on their loop and comment on quality or rather judge them

Bitspower or Barrow is exactly same, difference is in logo and wouldn't be surprised if they're made in same company

Why Barrow or Bykski are cheap, probably labour there is way cheaper, less overhead etc

Barrow is now sold by mojor retailers like Watercool.de or Performance PC's

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

tunejunky likes this.