Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    So I started playing this game and the game crushed my system on Ultra settings ,especially at night in towns .Where a poor old GTX 1080Ti was hitting 15-20 FPS.

So like any nut I made a user.cfg. So basically turned down shadows increased better than ultra settings for vegetation and objects to suit my eye and higher FPS at night time in those freaking towns.
    Turned out alright,The quality is still there with some higher FPS for smooth game play. Of course some people will not like this but I am just sharing what I got.
    Also I think I like the fog turned on also a little better so some screens for comparison will have fog on.

Edit:Added Video comparison Ratty at night with user.cfg vs ultra

Just mouse over for comparison.
    Mouse off Screen =user.cfg setting
    Mouse on Screen =ultra setting

Night Time Town
    http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/119636

Woods Morning
    http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/119637

VolumetricFog On Woods
    http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/119638

VolumetricFog On Morning Field
    http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/119639

Small Valley
    http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/119672

Ratty Rain Night Time
    http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/119673

Field
    http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/119674

Code:
    con_restricted=0                         (Unlock Restrict mode for commands)
    r_DisplayInfo=0                          (Set To 0 Hide Info Displayed On Screen:EG Save Icon)
    r_VSync=0                                (Vsync Off 0,Vsync On 1)
    r_TexMinAnisotropy = 16                  (Mimimum Amount Of Anisotropic Filtering Set 1-16)
    r_TexMaxAnisotropy = 16                  (Maximum Amount Of Anisotropic Filtering Set 1-16)
    bind 9 t_scale 1/10                      (Normal Time)
    bind 0 t_scale 0.2/10                    (Slow Time Down 0.01-0.99,Speed Time up 1.01-100)
    bind l g_showhud 0                       (Hide Hud)
    bind k g_showhud 1                       (Show Hud)
    r_fullscreen=1                           (Fullscreen)
    sys_spec_ObjectDetail=7                  (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    sys_spec_Shading=1                       (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    sys_spec_VolumetricEffects=7             (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    sys_spec_Shadows=1                       (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    sys_spec_Texture=7                       (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    sys_spec_Physics=7                       (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    sys_spec_PostProcessing=7                (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    sys_spec_Particles=7                     (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    sys_spec_Sound=7                         (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    sys_spec_Water=7                         (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    sys_spec_GameEffects=7                   (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    sys_spec_light=7                         (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    sys_spec_TextureResolution=7             (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    sys_spec_Vegetation=7                    (Low 1/Med 2/High 3/Very High 4/Ultra7)
    wh_pl_showfirecursor=1                   (Bow Aiming Reticle 0 On,1 Off)
    e_VolumetricFog=0                        (Turn Fog on 1,Turn Fog off 0)
    e_ViewDistRatio=200                      (Visual Range Of Objects, Low 50/Med 75/High 100/Very High 110/Ultra 125)
    e_ViewDistRatioVegetation=200            (Visual Range Of Some Trees and Bushes, Low 50/Med 50/High 55/Very High 60/Ultra 24Ultra = 65)
    e_LodFaceAreaTargetSize=0.0008           (Level Of Detail Objects, Buildings, Vegetation , Low 0.003/Med 0.002/High 0.002/Very High 0.002/Ultra 0.002 smaller=better)
    e_UberlodDistanceRatio=4.0               (Level Of Detail Some Trees and Bushes, Low 1.5/Med 1.6/High 1.8/Very High 2.2/Ultra 2.5)
    e_MergedMeshesViewDistRatio=125          (Visual Range Of Grass, Low 50/Med 60/High 70/Very High 70/Ultra 80)
    e_vegetationUseTerrainColorDistance=150  (Range Color Of Grass,Matches Color of Terrain, Low 50/Med 60/High 70/Very High 70/Ultra 80)
    e_ShadowsMaxTexRes=2048                  (Shadow Resolution , Low 512/Med 1024/High 1024/Very High 1024/Ultra 1024)
    ;e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDistZ=300   (Enter Command in game press ~,Better Graound Textures in Distance, Low 60/Med 70/High 80/Very High 100/Ultra 100)
    e_ShadowsPoolSize=8192                   (Mostly Effects Rendering Shadows ,Low 4096/Med 4096/High 4096/Very High 4096/Ultra 4096)
    r_ShadowCastingLightsMaxCount=14         (Dynamic Shadows Cast By Lights, Low 10/Med 12/High 16/Very High 20/Ultra 24)
    e_ShadowsCastViewDistRatiolights=0.3     (Distance Dynamic Shadows Cast, Low 0/Med 0.1/High 0.2/Very High 0.5/Ultra 0.6 )
    e_ViewDistMin=16                         (Distance Nothing Will Disappear,Low 1/Med 2/High 5/Very High 10/Ultra 10)
    e_MergedMeshesInstanceDist=2.0           (Distance Of Grass Animation ,Low 2/Med 4/High 8/Very High 12/Ultra 16)
    ;e_MergedMeshesLodRatio=3.0               (Distance Level Of Detail Merged Meshes,Low 1/Med 4/High 5/Very High 6/Ultra 8)

-If you do not have user.cfg open Kingdom Come Deliverance folder .Open the system.cfg file with notepad and replace all the text with the above text.Hit save and rename the files user.cfg in the Kingdom Come Deliverance folder.
    For best results you need to play in devmode and load user.cfg when game starts.
    On shortcut to game ,right click on properties ,add this to target line [b]-devmode +exec user.cfg[b]
    Result target line show look like this-[b]Kingdom Come - Deliverance\Bin\Win64\KingdomCome.exe" -devmode +exec user.cfg[/b]
    Most commands will work in the game if you type them in.Press ~ and enter command manually,Note some commands need to load from a restart of game.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Duke Nil and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. I cannot believe I did not read this thread first - this game literally pissed me off so much that I sold both my 1080s ... least to say got $ to choose an upgrade now but damn I thought "omgosh my rig... could it be?? it's becoming... outdated already noo..." :rolleyes: well I'm going to steal your config man' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Just bought this game. I've been keeping my eye on it for years. Read the reviews, etc. I have no issue paying full price for games and devs like this. My GTX 970 is going to choke though...

4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Oh It pissed me off also,now I just started playing so of course I did not test everything with that config,but for me it is better than what I started with.Game runs like a dirty pig on ultra settings.

I just looked on the web and put together a simple config with straight forward settings,but I may make a detailed one for some shadows and objects in the distance.Hope it helps some.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

5. Definitely - I'm currently back in school finishing my degree / and working in IT to pay off the tuition - so the family has me do all their computer needs - well my Mom was over having me work on her content creation rig (she does work with Adobe suite, Maya & 3ds Max) lol I had Kingdom Come rolling at the time while I had her machine on the table... she was playing it fighting the bum at the beginning and got to the part where the guy goes "you're the son of a whore! " or something like that ...then she really wanted to win lol but the area was so stuttery - n she's all "Hey you have to upgrade your cards so this will play better and I can beat this lowlife up blablabla" I'm like ... uhhh mahh I'm pretty sure it's just un-optimized garbage... but yeah was time to sell anyways... the crap I argue about with my mother makes me laugh though...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2018
    Barry J likes this.
  6. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    At 1080p on my GTX 970, I just capped it at 30 fps. I set everything to Very High except I put Shadows to Medium (because I don't mind hard shadows) and I put the LOD Distance slider closer to the High preset. I even enabled Volumetric Fog in the user.cfg. The LOD Distance slider seems to really impact performance a lot... but I can't really tell a visual difference between the Very High and High preset...

I'm using the adaptive half refresh rate option in the nVidia control panel to cap it at 30 fps. The in-game settings for that doesn't seem to do anything.

Why are indoor scenes so brutal? I go from 50 to 70 fps outside, then a dark building with a few lights halves my frame rate... hence the 30 fps cap.

Now I just need to find hundreds of hours to dedicate to the game.

7. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well bad performance is through out the game and I would say JonasBeckman,TheJanitor some people who posted in this thread could answer this way more detail than 95% of the people on guru3d. Me I do not know jack shhhiit.I buy GPU's I expect I can run a game with them,I get burned all the time .J/K turning down settings always works fine.

I did a google search and this guy hit some interesting points.Plus Cryengine has not had the best track record.

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I loaded an outdoor night scene in a wash camp with everything maxed except AA (was 1 notch from max) and got 23fps at 1080p lol.

9. You know - you just touched on a really good point; for all of the "acclaim" people have given some Cry-Engine based games over the years/ they've been unfriendly as hell towards the hardware they were released to support. I was thinking today (not just today) but reflecting today how "man CryEngine really is not a great engine, nothing ever runs GREAT on it" just look at the track record of the studio in the last decade behind it. Financial ruin.

What does that tell you? Many things yes, but for one thing - they had trouble finding backers & buyers to license it out to I'd say. Just my thoughts. The market went with other options for mainstream. Part of it was because of publishing money behind UE/Frostbite/IDTech granted but CryEngine is no stranger - the first iteration was released over a decade ago and has had performance issues with respective marketplace platforms since.

10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I was KCD forums posted a video and dude comes on and says ,your computer is ******.Your GTX 1080TI something is the matter my gtx 1080 gets 100FPS everywhere.Man I hate those dummies.My feelings are not hurt when I say I only get 20 FPS on a GTX 1080Ti/SLi it is not my fault it's someone else frack up and they ripped me off.I am mad.

Anyway on ultra I see 15-20FPS all the time on a single GTX 1080Ti and it is not acceptable.

Cryengine is great for visuals but it really does suck for cpu optimization/utilization .Then again they can come up with a game like Crysis 3 which actually works alright.Hell i have videos from 2007 Crysis hardware from 2007 and now with 10 times more powerful gear still runs the same as in 2007.

The money part yes they went bankrupt but Star Citizen made/making money and is a huge ripoff. Its a branch of the engine but it runs worst than the cryengine. Crytek is suing for that cash now. Do not mind me I am really drunk and I hope some of this makes sense when i read it tomorrow.

11. Naw it's alright - I get you - and it makes sense what you said. I should also clarify things more when I say "great" to describe an engine. I believe it is a good engine. I didn't call it great because I feel great includes optimization of cross-platform software & the hardware at time of release & in the future revisions etc. One can argue well $$$ etc.. *shrugs*

Monolith made a good engine as contracted by Microsoft then purchased the rights for it after MS dropped their use-case. Today you know great success cases like the Shadow of War & predecessor Shadow of Mordor. I think it's how money is spent as well... Ryse for instance may have been a "fun" game for some but it wasn't a smart use of money for Crytek revenue wise.

I think Crytek had chances to invest in the causation of performance-based concerns in their history as a whole & failed the mark. Since they were brought up - Crysis 2 & 3 - required a good amount of patch-work and complaining from the community before they ran smoothly. Tessellation-related bugs - Crysis 3 having this weird opening issue where you'd pass the ship and walk into a room and see a hanging object and lose an entire 60 fps or so (when you got the bow) wtf...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2018
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    eh kcd runs fine here and has since it came out, grated i am only a 1080p noob.

but np with my 960 gtx and the game. Probably have shadows on medium like i do on most games since it barely effects the IQ but gains a decent amount of frames.

and fun fact the star citizen devs lent the KCD devs some of their crytek talent to help them with the optimization.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Night time indoor areas will run notably better by setting Lighting to High or Medium without too much sacrifice to IQ.

I have Shadows at High, Lighting at Med. and Shaders at High. Rest at Very High except Textures at Ultra (+HD Textures).

Getting pretty much a solid 60 fps at 1080p, night and day, indoors and outdoors.

I noticed dropping draw distances can also help reduce stutter when moving but ofc creates pop-in.

So whamming everything to Ultra will cripple even top end systems but dropping a few settings back makes a lot of difference.

Also SLI works with Ryse's bits as reported by @Dragam1337

14. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    @K.S
    Yeah i remember the bow part now,yep WTH moment

@AsiJu
    Yes I seen the post on the SLI bits,I am fine with the game.On this page a made a user.cfg .So basically turned down shadows increased better than ultra settings for vegetation and objects.

@cerebus23
    yeah I do not like you 1080 noobs J/K,of course you can turn down settings for a game to run fine,but Star Citizen I have no clue why you keep propping up that mess,even on low it runs terrible.

15. haha... clearly... :p :D

Thnx + @Dragam1337 too

Dragam1337 likes this.

16. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I just finished the part where there's this big fight, and I had to chase Ulrich.

WTF happened after that, it all went downhill. The quests were utterly boring, go here, go there, go here, go there, speak with this, speak with that... sweet baby Jesus. The worst part is they were miles apart each time, that was just plain boring!

I even raged 'Alt tabbed, Ctrl+Alt+Del and killed process' - YEAH!

17. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    I don't know why, but my initial loading times seem to take longer than they should with an SSD... when first starting the game before the menu appears. After that, it's fine.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Duke Nil likes this.
  19. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
  20. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Well, it's not exactly "for cheap". It's still €40/$48. Just 20% off.

(Spoiled PC gamer here, where anything that's not at least 50% off does not satisfy my PCMR sensibilities... :p)

cerebus23 likes this.