Forza Horizon 4 Official PC System Requirements Revealed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Kinda stupid to say i7 3820 when its just a i7 2600 anyways.
    Far more people have a 2600 cpu then the 3820.

Either way, I am excited about this one.

3. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Wow just 1 comment, that's crazy. I guess majority of PC gamers are completely unaware of this incredible open world driving franchise.

HonoredShadow likes this.
  4. Inquisitor

Inquisitor Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC Hybr
    I find these games so buggy on PC. Don't get me wrong I love them and I have played and owned Apex, FH3 and FM7 and played them for hundreds of hours but at launch FM7 suffered all the same issues FH3 did, they didn't learn anything, same audio issues, mad stuttering, constant crashing to desktop. It took them nearly a year to fix the horrendous stuttering that FH3 suffered from and just as long to fix some G Sync issues. FM7 had the same issues but it only took them a few months to fix. Still even today though, a year on, there are still complaints of FM7 crashing to desktop and still mad stutter on menus and car loading screens. I occasionally still get CTD if I spend too long in the menus.

It's totally awful experience and something you would not expect from a AAA 1st party game from Turn 10/Microsoft when creating a game for their own platform!

I bought FH3 and FM7 day 1 but I will hold off before buying FH4 and will be checking on the comments on the Forza Forums first before I ever think about buying another Forza game again.

HonoredShadow likes this.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I bought FH3 and although it's a great game, I don't like the monopoly that M$ has on it's games since the game was extremely expensive to buy. Luckily we'll have this Xbox pass soon which will make the game cheaper.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^2 months game pass is 2 quid right now on xbox, that will take you into November and give you FH4 to enjoy for a few weeks, nice for just 2 quid. :)

Personally even though i get a free pc copies with the xbox version, the pc versions for me are just too buggy and performance lacking, plus no hdr on the pc versions, so i don't bother touching them, maybe someday when hdr is a pc standard will i give them a try.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  7. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    Can't be bothered to finish the 3rd one let alone buy a 4th version. Fun game, but "unlocking" the championship races is pointless as hell. Once I've done the race in exhibition a couple times, that's it. I've experienced that track. They try to add hours to the game by making you do the same damn race over and over again. Give me a break.

airbud7 and -Tj- like this.
  8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I played it for about two hours. There was nothing in it I found fun. It's all bling and "wow, yeah dude", and almost no racing. It seems to do exactly all the things I don't like in racing games.

Back to Grid Autosport and Dirt Rally for me.

9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'm well aware of the arcadyness, hence why I don't play it...

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I love FH3 but I'm not going to bother with 4 because it's too soon for me. It's just a new map? It doesn't help that I would have to use the store again *ugh*.

11. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    It is game requirments for a racing game ? What do you expect people to say? They come in, they see the specs and then they head to comment on something else!

12. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    It's nothing like what you described. You couldn't be more wrong. There are like 5 cut scenes in the entire game and they are at most 1 or 2 minutes long. Talk about hyperbole. No racing? What is this nonsense... ? I played for about 300 hours and like 80% was racing, the other 20% adoring cars and exploring the map and doing challenges.

It's also funny you instantly dismissed the game because of a few irrelevant cutscenes which doesn't effect the actual gameplay in any way when most PC gamers are super nostalgic about old NFS games which were packed with cutscenes and "dudebros" turning cars.

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I'm not referring to any cutscenes. I'm referring to the premise that didn't resonate at all with me. I didn't like it. The whole concept was completely uninteresting to me. And I disliked the overall tone of it. Whenever somebody talks in this game, I just roll my eyes. People don't talk like that.

There was a lot of driving. A lot. To me this seemed like a driving game rather than a racing game.

I don't know if it's a bad game or not. What I know is that I hated it.

14. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    They say minimum 2GB video memory, but I call BS. With FH3, everything at the lowest possible settings at 1280x720 a 2GB card will just flash the low video memory warning on screen and crash after 30-60 minutes.

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Maybe 640x480 works :D

16. David Lake

David Lake Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan V watercooled
    Hey I still have a 3820!

17. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Than**

18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I have a than for you. Looking at your post, your nothing but a shrill anal retentive grammar *****. Piss off.