Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Yeah download speeds on the PS3 were terrible for some reason, game installs took forever as well, at least Sony got that part right this gen.

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Ha, i dug out the PS2 a few days ago and have been playing GT3, GT3 Concept and GT4........now these are how GT games should be, full single player camp game with no BS online nonsense posing as the game, love it.....and the detail actually looks not to bad to be honest, and i am using component cables just to add that bit more sharpenss, good stuff. :)

VR, PSVR, XBX, PS Pro, GTX1080 i7 core gaming PC..........and i am back to playing PS2 and original xbox games. lol

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

See I know the ps3 was limited to wifi "g" which 54mbps but it dont even come close to that on wifi it dont come close to 54mbps on wired connected that give my ps4 50+ mb/s install were terrible too, though I dont think there are "installed" on ps4 when downloading, I think you getting the game ready to play, only thing "installed" is registering the game to the system and account so i can launch. which why most installed even og huge 30 gb+ files are instant for most part

Last time I relly love play GT games was on e ps2 and ps3, I didnt care for them after that, I think as i got older I found out i dont like sim racers at all. I dug out my ps3 to actual try and lay and finish FF XIII cause I gont pick up the sequels to that, I have all the FF games and all the up till FFXV which I will not buy less I can get physcial copy of the whole game and ALL is addons for like 10$ I played the demo was was so disgusted by what I was playing I didnt even finish the demo, look damn pretty though.

I also now remember how loud the optical disc was on ps3 when loading and was tempted to say frack it let me just get digital copies but the download speed are horrendous most digital game I got were like 3gbs on ps3 so it was that "bad" but some game like the uncharted games one of which was like 50gbs or god of war ascension took almost day to download when I replace my 500gb hdd in it for 7200rpm 1 tb, it took me almost week to re download everything, and then again when when I swap the drive again in to ps4 and put the 500gb in it, and I do prefer physical copies over digital simple cause I can say I "own" it and so i can do emulations with them at some point.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    After seeing nvidia idea of gpu prices for this upcoming gen, I am thinking long and hard about if I want to stay a PC gamer, then again all my steam/gog games!, I think If next gen consoles are able to run last gen games on them via disc/digital and continue to do so from then on consoles might be were I go.

Next gen consoles need to fix the horrible under powered cpu issue though. and 1080p 60fps REALLY need to be standard none of dynamic res trickery

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Same here. If the 2000 series' successor continues with these retarded prices, I'm out. I'll buy the PS4 pro's successor. Rather buy a new higher performant console every 3 or so years (assuming full bc) than deal with MS/Nvidia/Intel.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    its bit ridiously, at this point, my gpu will DIE before get new card like my 9800gt died before I got new one,, I remeber pay 139$ for my 9800gtx, which i stil l have receipt for 660gtx cost 230$ when i bought it then the 1060gtx cost 300$ the x800/xx80 series prices have skyrocketed since.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    At least you won’t have to deal with all that on a PS and drivers will be handled by regular firmware updates instead. I uninstalled Nvidia’s driver right now and got a bsod due to their telemetry service.

Got Spider-Man preordered already :p

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

before I installed nvidia drivers I remove alot un need "extras" telemtry stuff dont even get install this way among alot other stuff

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah I think I will use those clean versions next time.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    lucidus likes this.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    After all these years of having the ps4, I just realized image flickering from clear to blurry ONLY happens on XMB menu where the background is present, so long as Sharpness is anything but 0, actually going to menus like notifications and settings or system settings there is no flicker from clear to blurry, nor does this happen in games or any where else, what is weird about this is it only happens IF gamemode is on with the tcl s517 (2018) if I turn gamemode off it dont happen no mater the sharpness setting, ( again XMB menu with the back ground this happens) turning off gamemode on this tv is bad idea though which my old LN32A550 did too but gamemode has never been used on that tv yet it still happen, but I turnedsharpness to 0 on that to fix that flicker,

And now after all this time I realised it only happens on XMB menus with the background it dont happen in any other menus or in games, so all this time I been play game with 0 sharpness and have blurry image when I didnt need too suddenly certian games on ps4 that are 720p or bellow 1080p in general are much clearer even horizon zero dawn looks clearer, hell FFXIII on my ps3 is no longer blurry now that I put sharpness back on to 10, btw this game still looks amazing even if i not found battle system,

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    XP-200 likes this.
  12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^I just dug out the xbox 360 and have grabbed almost all of the Tiger Woods PGA tour games for a song after spending the last two week enjoying the GT franchise on the PS2 and the TW 2003 to 2005 gold franchise on the original xbox.......i even managed to grab the collectors and historic editions of 13 and 14 cheap as well......so my golf binge is set to continue for some time.

Now the horrible part of the game, your in-game face via the xbox 360 eye vision cam, oh why do i punish myself so by having to look at my actual face in game. lol

Why the hell don't we have decent golf games any more on these next gen consoles, and no, Rory golf was just terrible and the Golf club is also just meh......i need the whoosh and the thunder hits and the roaring crowd of the Tiger woods games. lol

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    not that I expect people to see this as I can barely see this even in this close of of 1080p60fps video
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WYb8vnV8FHwrxoJqwGdurTE0ojhzumtQ

See the thumbnail image take nioh thumbnail image for example does anyone else see the image flickering from clear to blurry? this effect seem to happen on that XMB menu with back ground even the background flicker blurry, this effect dont happen in fullscreen menus like say system settings/display setting/notification etc and dont happen on ps3, this effect happen on my ln32a550 if sharpness was anything other then 0. but I never use gamemode on that tv, the s517 this same effect happens if sharpness if it isnt set to 0 but, game mode has to be on, if gamemode is off the effect dont happen.

Thing is I need to have the tv set to atlest 1 so image is clear other wise every thing kind blurry, What I trying to fiqure is it the ps4 xmb menu or what? cause does it on 2 different tv under different settings an I only see this effect with ps4 which only recently realized it only happans on those menu, which confusing as why the s517 has to be in gamemode for the effect to happen if 1 sharpness is but gamemode off no such issue, and my ln32a550 does the same thing with 1 sharpness but gamemode is not used on that tv turn if it 0 that effect is gone but all thing be come lil blurry, so i kinda confused which is at fualt ps4 or tv or combinations of settings of both

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    For the GoW fans :D

drandiiski likes this.
  15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    That is weird, have you tried all the usual stuff, another hdmi cable, another port, on another tv if possible.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so you actual see the blurring?

anyway I have tried different cables and different tv, thing is

S517 has to have gamemode on for this flicker to happen if sharpness is above 1 game mode off it fine. LN32a550 I never used gamemode and any sharpness above 1 causes the flicker.

2 different tv brands and one with gamemode on and the other with it off, and still happens, and it only happens on ps4, and as far as I can tell ONLY on the XMB menu and its background images, text seem fine but anything with texture it flickers from clear to blurry.

it confusing 1 thing points to tv issue other points to ps4 issue, and I dont see how the hdmi cable would choose to cause the flicker ONLY on ps4 and ONLY if game mode is on and sharpness is above1 on s517 yet do it on my other tv with gamemode off and sharpness 1 or above, I dont think HDMI cable can really be that picky

Come convinced some setting with the tv and the ps4 dont jive will,

this is on ps4 base not sure if the ps4 pro did this

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  17. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Don't know dude. My Little Cousin got EA access a few weeks ago and we had a blast with Madden 18 and Rory Golf. There is even a course from a Battlefield game in I just enjoyed the commentators comments on that Battlefield course it was funny.

Never had that issue with my PS4 and my Samsung Smart TV with GameMode turned on. What does this flicker look like? Like for example the Tv is losing its signal?

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Yes, you can see it best on the line underneath the trophies, that certainly is not right, does it go away when you put sharpness down to 0?

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    IF i turn sharpness to 0 the flicker goes away, but it also makes everything get blurry, IF i turn off gamemode it stops on the tcl s517, but my samsung ln32a550 I never use gamemode on it it cause it never made diffrence in latency imo definitely made image worse though, but sharpness has to be 0 on that tv too to not have the flicker.

what gets me is Why gamemode off on tcl fixes it, but on the samsung it was never on and it happen then, plus the fact it ONLY happens on the XMB menu with the active backgrounds no place else does it happen with the ps4, im not sure which to blame the tv's or ps4

Hmm I wonder if it the dynamic theme it self i never tried reverting that, I think I will try that next

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    WTF, now that I turned off the Black Hole Abyss 4k theme, the flicker stopped... I cant believe all this time it was that, it still dont make sense why turn off gamemode on that theme fixes it

how sad, I got the theme specficly cause I liked it,

but I guess atlest I know it not ps4 but that theme

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018