NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 399.07 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by disq, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    DP 1.4 was announced publicly in 2016; manufacturers like intel/nvidia still have access to new standards for adoption in new hardware before public announcements.

The fact that nv lists 980ti as 1.4 supported just means they did not have certification for 1.4, which the 1080ti does not either.

There's not much difference between 1.2 > 1.4.

Hardware wise they are the same; DP is just a versatile protocol.
    There is no hardware limit to the transmission data size, enhancements in packet transmission(software) and other techniques are able to be implemented to older spec.

I'm not sure where you got the 9gbit and 18gbit limit as 1.2 is 17~gbit and 1.4 is 32gbit before overhead.

As for your HDR question, DP supports many protocols and standards.
    They are able to passthrough HDR metadata over CTA standards already implemented; this goes back to DP being very flexible.

2. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Mh. Weird. I'll revert to the old drivers and see if it happens again.

3. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I can tell you the you that DP1.4 set on my monitor HDR 10 is set to 10 bot RGB full. Wen i select dp 1.2 on my monitor HDR is max 8 bir RGB full. So i think the GTX 1080 Ti have a DP 1.4 certification cause it works.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Doesn't need one mate, the current drivers run it just fine.

5. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Not really & prefer game ready driver. :D

6. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    First time after years, literally, got driver resetting. YouTube videos weren't using VPE ( Video Engine ). After a couple of reboots, haven't seen happening anymore. It's stable AF. Yesterday also did a clean installation of Windows 10 x64 1803 since many major upgrades have been released and 399.07 is working perfectly -thank God.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I don't see anything a video driver can fix, theres a high memory use of the game itself and some AI bugs that make it use more cpu than it should.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    That doesn't prove anything.

Anyways, I've seen 980Ti work with 4k 120hz panels so it's not a bandwidth limitation.

9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Maybe related to Denuvo Anti-Tamper issue, but I hope that you don't be so selfish. We need a game ready driver & I don't know what's wrong with you trying to beef with me? o_O

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    We don't need game ready drivers for every little thing lol.

11. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    Reverted back to 398.98. All drivers from r396 gave me unstable memory oc.

12. jrolson

jrolson Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Looking at my game log files, it suggests some sort of memory leak...

"Internal: There are remaining Allocations on the JobTempAlloc. This is a leak, and will impact performance"
    "JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak"

Hope the Devs know what their doing over there... :confused:

khanmein likes this.
  13. chrisarjona

chrisarjona Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 820M/4Gb
    Hey guys, it's impossible to install nvidia drivers up to 391.xx in my Windows 10. I'm in fast ring of Redstone 5, version 1809, 17751 comp. Someone knows that i want to do to install the drivers? Thanks

14. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    And yet I still haven't heard from a single 980ti owner that actually has HDR working over DP, I actually went to the trouble of flashing my 980ti bios to a newer version and then used the Nvidia tool to update my firmware again and the Windows 10 HDR switch is still missing but as soon as I switch back to HDMI viola HDR is back. Who knows if this is a Windows issue, an Nvidia issue or just a hardware limitation. Seeing is believing, and it's very frustrating that in theory HDR should work over DP on the 9 series, but in practice it doesn't. And practice is all that matters.

To anyone who can't get HDR working on your 9 series try switching to HDMI 2.0. And if there are any 980ti owners out there who have HDR working over Display Port, please let me know. Please don't comment unless you are currently using a 9 series card with HDR over Display Port.

This user discovered the exact same thing:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-missing/0280030c-4fe2-4542-bf81-263769c5c36c

15. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

If your specs are up to date, then it is because your card isn't supported anymore.

16. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Are you sure dp isn't forcing 8 bit in nvcp? Silly question I know.

I found leaving colour settings to auto is the best way to ensure hdr works correctly. Just make sure you enable the hdr in windows properties before launching games to get the correct tone mapping.

I found leaving it off, games may not look right when the auto hdr detect kicks in.

You may see extreme banding or overblown contrast.

I'm using lg b6 with 1080ti

I'm really hoping the 2080ti supports hdr better as my LG has a bug where I need to reselect my tv input when launching hdr games or I have banding. It's because the 422 12bit signal being sent, tv doesn't like it. Should be 422 10bit like ps4 and uhd blue ray player.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  17. chrisarjona

chrisarjona Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 820M/4Gb
    In the Nvidia download page, I can download the update driver for my card, but later the installer cannot detected my compatible hardware option.

18. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Sorry to disappoint you, but your card is a rebranded Fermi (400/500 series), which is now moved to Legacy support.

19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    My small report , very stable driver on the games that i play Forza Horizon 3 , Forza Motorsports 7 , Need For Speed Payback , Wreckfest. Nothing bad to report on my side.

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    https://www.win-raid.com/t892f16-AMD-and-Nvidia-GOP-update-No-requests-DIY.html

Try latest GOP, it will be likely be newer than NV tool.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018