The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Those are not Nvidia's numbers. Someone put that together

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Are you even paying attention ? A single RTX 2080 won't be able to achieve 60FPS in FF XV at native 4K, only with DLSS.

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Sorry, you're running too deep for me...

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    20-60% performance increase over GTX 1080Ti with premature drivers..It's not bad, it's not good either(For the money they want for a RTX 2080Ti).

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    @Memorian
    Those benches are BS, as they don't have any actual numbers. We don't know settings, resolutions, clock e.t.c.

I wait for proper benchmarks once NDA is lifted, up until then it's all speculations. Reality, however, will be most likely more in line with what @EL1TE linked.

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Witcher 3 still no 60+FPS at 4K..2015 game, disappointed to say the least..

7. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    IMO we are looking here at totally maxed out settings, HW inicluded in the witched 3 and MSAA in GTA 5. Far Cry 5 and Mass Effect Andromeda shows 30fps difference compared to 1080ti (and almost doubled minimal fps!!), and that's very big difference because when 1080ti will average 45 fps new 2080ti should provide finally solid 60fps or close to it in the most demanding games. Also keep in mind, the same game benchmarked in different benchmark locations/scenarios will give you totally different results. GTA 5 in one place will average 90 fps (city area), and can dip to 40 fps in the grass area so depending where you will test the game you will get different results. Witcher 3 for example in demanding locations can dip below 60fps even at 1080p on GTX 1070.

It's very close to 60fps with HW on, and with OC I'm sure game will run at 60fps for the most part. With HW off you will see huge performance increase anyway and the witcher 3 can be played at 4K even on 1080ti OC.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  8. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    What worries me is not older games, but the fact that older games don't perform that much better, and since like forever, games keep looking better while taxing more, future games might not run at 4k60 like these do.

I play at 3440x1440 so it doesn't bother me, what bothers me is if i can get the 120 FPS at that res, since it taxes less, also achieving 60FPS in old games at 4k with new top gen card that costs 1200€ on average is abysmal to say the least.

My patience is related to waiting for 7nm xD

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ahhh yes I understand, waiting for 7nm CPUs for sure ( ;) ) and I'm yet not sold on the 2080TI either.... so I can relate hehe

10. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Yes, 4K native is extremely demanding, but the whole point is, you will get much worse framerate at 4K on older GPU, and that's the thing. If you want to play at 4K at decent framerate and best settings, the fastest GPU currently aviable is always needed.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

All fake numbers im afraid, the guys who did this video don't have a 2080ti and they certainly don't have drivers, which im not sure Hilbert can confirm while nda applies.

As far as I've heard, reviewers don't get drivers till next week

A rule to live by: If they don't show themselves handling the card and installation / verification of drivers, its fake.

12. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Some people were allowed to test computers with 2080ti, they even recorded gameplays from various games, so it's perfectly possible some guy could run quick tests on few games when no one watched. 1080ti results looks exactly as they should, and 2080ti results are not surprising (results looks exactly how I was expecting).

Dragam1337 and TorwaK like this.
  13. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I mean obviously, but i expected a lot more. In around two weeks we'll know for sure.

It's pretty dumb to upgrade now, they will do a 7nm refresh of these with less TDP and higher clocks, which will also then allow better overclocks, these are too expensive taking into account it's performance and that there's 7nm in some months (especially this).

Likely we will see a 2085 Ti and maybe even a 2090Ti later on.

14. TorwaK

TorwaK Member

I am quite disappointed with 2080Ti 4K results. You might be right about 2090Ti etc. Let's wait and see.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Yeah, no. Anyone on those computers was watched like a hawk at all times. These are fake.

The corresponding video has been pulled from youtube.

16. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    And that tells me something, if results would be fake, you would still see them :p

Dragam1337 likes this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It wasn't DMCA'd.

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I have a RTX 2080 vanilla on pre-order for next month. I can cancel before it ships. Still on the fence. My 1080 Ti is a beast, but, if I can get better frames @ 4K, I'm in. I don't care about ray tracing or any other frame rate killing beta tech. If I can achieve 4k with smoother frames, I'm in. Just waiting for some real world benches to compare. If the difference between the 1080 ti and 2080 vanilla is 10fps or less, pre-order is getting canceled.

19. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Its been a while since I posted, but all the 2080Ti chat has got me going. For the first time since GeForce 3 I sat out a generation of GPU's - largely because of the ridiculous pricing on 1080Ti's over the last year, and my 980Ti's still going strong. I have been fully intending to upgrade with this generation but now I'm not too sure! One 2080Ti will cost me as much as by two 980Ti's did put together which is frustrating, so I either just get a single card this round, buy two and skip the following generation (depending on the unknown variable of SLI performance) or I'm even considering picking up a pair of 1080Ti's assuming the price crashes once 2080's are in stock... decisions decisions. I do game at 4k though so it would be nice to have a GPU that's capable of that maxed out at 60fps.

20. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Hey if you want to waste some cash, send it my way better, I will find a better use for it, then spending 700$ on something that will give you 5-10% better performance. The only upgrade from 1080Ti is 2080Ti, and all things considered, it's not worth it.

Maddness likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.