Battlefield V: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Rotterdam Gameplay

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Only for 1400 Euro, you can now play Battlefield 5 60fps with our 2080Ti at 3840x21... "cough cough" I meant 1920x1080 and enjoy Full RTX experience (which covers only reflections apparently, and not shadows).

Don't delay, Pre-Order Today!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  3. Ziggymac

Ziggymac Guest

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix SLi
    ..And here we are, for the last 5yrs we've all been told that 60fps+ @4K was the future, and we've waited patiently for GPU's to catch up with the vision yet just as it was within our grasp, Nvidia shifts the goal posts and now decides that 1080p @ 60fps with ray tracing is the future, not only that, we're going to have to pay $1000+ for the privilege of 1080p 60fps.

So it starts all over again, We're now going to have to wait another 5yrs for 60fps+ @4K with ray tracing.

..just :rolleyes:, I mean just :rolleyes:

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    It's always the same with first gen products. They have to build up immense hype around them, I believe they priced them so high to actually make them seem better than they really are, which is a bold and potentially dumb move.

Nvidia just want to be the first to the "holy grail" of graphics and say that they done it first. When most of the time it has been AMD pushing the boundaries within PC technology (first 64bit CPU, first real unified shaders, etc) I feel like Nvidia feels left behind somehow.

Trust me these cards will suck at ray tracing, they will bring games crumbling down into the low 30fps range with RTX enabled I am 100% certain about that and I will be surprised if any game manages to reach above 60fps even at 1080p.

Imagine if they allocated all that other die space to actual shaders rather than basically cutting the die into 3 pieces. We could of had a true beast on our hands in terms of raw shader performance and we could be closer to reaching 4k 120-144fps in a lot of titles. Instead they now sing and dance about them being able to push 4k 60fps and they can do ray tracing but using RTX it will bring the cards way down to 1080p for anything to be remotely playable.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yep, 100% agree. Trust me though, I believe that ray tracing will die down a lot in the next couple of years when people realise just how demanding it is and just how bad this first gen of cards will be at rendering it. Then devs will hold off on supporting it, forcing Nvidia to either go back to pure shader performance cards or force them to have to make even bigger die's to fit more shader and more rtx cores and tensor cores on. Meaning that prices go up for new cards even more and yields become lower and the amount of chips they can get off a wafer lowers.

AMD have a real chance here, if they can use that ryzen magic with their radeon division by making smaller chips and they connecting them with that magic fabric they use they get better yields, more chips per wafer, leading to better performance and more importantly cheaper cards for us. Under cutting Nvidia and gaining more market share.

One can hope, with how fast (or should I say how slow) AMD's radeon group works we could be waiting a long time.

cryohellinc likes this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Just wanting to point it out, I think there's a typo in the first line of the article (1080Ti)? @Hilbert Hagedoorn or am I wrong? Thanks for sharing though boss.

7. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Disappointed why the step back to 1080p they should be targeting 4k 60fps or more not 1080p, does this signal a change to console friendly 1080p 60fps and mean PC 1440p/4k will not be optimised I will not pre order this game until reviews are out and I read a good community response.

8. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    would have preferred 2080ti no RT but all die full performance gaming but with NV link you can add on card with RT

AsiJu and cryohellinc like this.
  9. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    While I am excited by those new ray tracing possibilities. I do think that Nvidia messed that launch.
    You cannot sale a 4k 60fps card for raster that can do ONLY 1080p 60fps with some ray tracing effect enabled, all this for + 1000 USD. They should have waited and perfected the technology further.

A 4k 60fps, 1440p HFR, 1440p 60fps ray tracing card, all that for 1000 USD that make much more sense.

I really hope that this launch wont hinder realtime ray tracing future.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    AsiJu likes this.
  10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    This. I was expecting next release to be capable of 4k 100fps+, instead, we got RTX.

11. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    arf , only 60 fps with 2080 ti in 1920x1080 ?????
    ok it s with RTX on , But I think I ll prefer to play this game at 1440p ultra with rtx off.
    No way I could be able to downscale to 1920 with my 1440p screen , it s just horrible when you dont play native resolution on yur screen.

12. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    If you don't like it, don't buy it ;)

*Cry first on guru3d, then preorder BF5 and RTX in silence*

*Praise Ryzen cpu in forums, buys Intel cpu*

Typical guru3d forums :p

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This. Only sensible thing to do.
    But we all love to rant at times ;)

airbud7 and Barry J like this.
  14. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
    All I can think of when I watch this video is that Cyberpunk 2077 video, so I stop after a bit and close my YouTube Tab.

The level look sort of empty(it's not final though, so who knows), especially inside a building I hope they juice it up a bit and fill it in, seems like that RTX ray tracing video looked way better than this. Not sure what it is... maybe I am spoiled from watching Cyberpunk 2077. Well I am sure the SP campaign of BFV should be and look awesome especially if you have a 2000 series GPU.

Personally I am looking forward to Metro Exodus, Atomic Heart, RAGE 2 and Doom Eternal more.

15. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I wanted to upgrade to 2080 ti but only gettign ray tracing is a let down. How will a 2070 handle ray tracing if you need a 2080ti for 1080p 60fps. This doesn't make sense maybe when propper drivers are launched it will perform much better with ray tracing on

16. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    well this kinda like what real looks like i guess
    Ray Tracing is just still expensive .... even with latest gpu

@Ziggymac intersting comment sir!
    when realize things about computer graphic, if we think the future, there are still many way to improve it
    more pixel = more crisp graphic or more FPS = more comfortable for eyes, but actually if we think about it again, there is no "real" changes in graphic technology, basically just create more GPU that can process bigger data

i kinda like "raytrace"-path because technology wise its more evolution/advanced than simply more raw-power

if we stay at just raw-power improvement, the graphic wont be much better anymore
    now say in 2-3years, nvidia/amd release a card that can 60fps@8k, but the graphic-technology stay like now, so even it can 60fps@8k, it might still cant handle 60fps ray-trace @1080p

well there will some tweaks in engine (if we look on how game developer, that can achive detroit-become human quality with ps4 gpu-power),but to simulate raytrace level, i think it will not easy
    or they can create raytrace-looks manually, but it just to much work

well i know some people will prefer just raw-power, because probably a game doesnt need movie-level realistic cg etc.

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I think Nvidia hears you all loud and clear and is very well aware of the performance criticisms of RT. And they will fix it. With the RTX 4080ti.

Keitosha, tensai28, airbud7 and 2 others like this.
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Act fast and get a FREE HDMI cable!

Yes definitely. And it will cost 10 699 EUR or whatever we use as currency at the time.

airbud7 and cryohellinc like this.
  19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    [​IMG]

The Empress senses confusion above...

Barry J likes this.
  20. cpy2

cpy2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Ti 4600
    The whole point of complaining is so they know we don't like that stupid RTX cards. Screw ray tracing, I want my 4k 100fps on ultra or at least high.

Killian38 and RavenMaster like this.